Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oh by gosh by golly...

it's time for mistletoe and holly...

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later... yep, it snowed yesterday. And no my world didn't end, I even made it home from work without slipping or sliding around on the road so it's all good. Though if this is all the snow we get I will be a happy camper. :)

So I bet you want to find out who the lucky winner is for this past week's Sweet November blog candy... alright, alright here we go... drum roll please...

the winner chosen by random generator is....

Mary(OhioMary)

Congratulations Mary! Email me at pete_danger@hotmail.com with your mailing addy and I will get your goodies right off to you!

And thanks to everyone for playing along. There will be more candy fun to come just after Christmas so be sure to check back because I promise you won't want to miss out on what's coming up next! :)

Okey dokey, onto today's card... it's another slightly altered Gorjuss Girl. All I did was draw some little hands for her so it would look like she's peeking around the tag, nothing big. Once again a pretty simple card, especially since the tag that looks like I did a bunch of hand stitching and paper curling is really a pre-made image. All I had to do was cut it out and glue it on which is great and I think it has been in my stash for at least six years so I'm really glad it has finally found a home. LOL ;)

I have today off and with the snow on the ground you know I'm holing up and getting crafty. Yeah!
I'll catch y'all tomorrow... same bat time, same bat channel. :) Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse, Bazzill Swiss Dot and GP
paper- really oooooooold Slab paper
stamp- Sugar Nellie (Gorjuss Girl Just a Girl)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink
Rebecca Sower Fresh Cuts tag
Paper Trey Ink twine
misc buttons
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic multiliner 0.3 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E31, E35, E37, E29
clothes- R05, R08, E19, YR21, YR24, E40, E41, YG63, YG17, YG67

30 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

That little "Noel" tag is super cute and a perfect touch! Great Christmas card!

RiNNE said...

Fab, fab, fab!!! Gorgeous card - the stamp, tag, & DSP work so well together!!! & congrats to Ohio Mary!

Susie Sugar said...

GOLLY !! this is stunning I love the paper and cute how you got the GG to hold the banner
Hugs Susie xx

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

This is so pretty Amy!! Love the tag!

Jenn said...

WOW - I totally thought the tag was stitched!! Awesome card!

☼ Cheryl* said...

Lovely card!!!

Congrats Mary!

Victoria said...

Stunning card Amy. I am amazed at how you alter these GG's to fit just almost any occasion!
Hugs, vicky ~x~

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a sweet card! Love that lil tag!
TFS :*)
~ margie

Mary Giles said...

What a gorgeous card! Love that berry paper and of course your gorgeous coloring. The layout is fabulous to highlight all th eelements.

Oh and WOOHOO!!!!! I won! Thank you soooo much Amy! I hope I can do your stamp proud. sending contact info now.

kris said...

Congrats Mary! wooohoo! Okay, i just love this card! it's so cute... GG is so cute! the layout is awesome and i just love that tag! Perfect combination! hugs, Kris

1LuvnMama said...

Gorjuss Amy! Congrats to the winner too! :) Happy Day to you1!

Angie said...

I thought you had stitched that! lol! it's a gorgeous card!

Denise said...

Very Sweet, love the coloring.

Tammi said...

Such a cute card! I love all your cards!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats, Mary! Have fun with your wonderful prizes!
Super cute card, as always! Love the GG holding that tag. Keep warm, Amy!

Tracey Feeger said...

Congratulations Mary.
Gorjuss card once again Amy. Love the little hands on the top - wonderful touch.
mwah
Trace

Shirley N said...

How cute--love how you altered her, so creative! Love this!!!

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card as always Amy, and lucky you having snow!!! As usual we just had rain :o(

Congrats to Mary too
xx

Tonje said...

Gorgeous!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is quite a beauty! Beth

Kerry said...

Stunning card! She is soooo cute!

Stamping Cafe said...

Congratulations to Mary, enjoy your goodies!

Gorgeous card as always, Amy!! Love those little hands on the tag! You are amazing!

Alice said...

congrats Mary!! hope you have fun with your goodies!

i just love all your Gorjuss Girl cards, Amy!!! This makes me smile big!!! =)

Angela said...

Amy, this is just too cute. Love the banner she's holding. I have got to get some of this Gorjuss Girls!!! When I remember them my spending money is always alittle short because of spending it at places like The Greeting Farm, OOZAK and so many more. I wish you could buy them in sets like you could when they first came out!! Oh well just more to add to my wish list. I love coming to your blog and seeing all your creations!!
Hugs,
Angela

Jenny V. said...

Congrats to Ohio Mary! I just love Gorjuss Girl,she just so cute!Great job on the stitches!

WickedPixie said...

I'm glad you made it ok in the snow!! Just keep reminding yourself how much it adds to that "Christmasy" feeling!! Another beautiful and adorable card, too!! :-)Traci

Tammi said...

She's adorable holding the sign, fun idea!! And so cute you put holly in her hair! :)

Crafty Jenn said...

It actually tried to snow here Saturday night. Little flurries. SUPER cold here! It's supposed to be like 17 degrees when I go to work tomorrow morning. :/ Daytime high will still be below freezing. I though YOU were the one supposed to be getting these temps! ;)

The square card is just perfect. Love the felt and the buttons.

Tasha said...

i love this card - the colours are beautiful, the design is awesome and i just adore that tag! Great altering once again with the little hands holding the tag - looks great
love tasha xx

Alleena Burger said...

I love this card. Sometimes simple makes the most gorgeous cards!!