Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's a marshmallow world in the winter...

when the snow comes to cover the ground...

Welcome to the weekend friends... isn't it wonderful?
It is for me because I have the day off this week, yeah! I'm sure I'll have plenty to keep me busy and then tonight I'm going out to a Christmas dinner with my work peeps... fun, fun, fun!

So I made my card today with two challenges in mind... the Flutter By winter challenge and the All That Scraps snowflakes challenge. And I was really proud of myself, for once again getting a two-fer out of a card. But then I noticed that the ATS challenge has changed up its rules a bit and doesn't let you combine without being disqualified. Oops! Oh well, I really don't think I'm eligible to win anyway to I'm still entering this card into both. :)
So let's see what all I've got going on here... well, I used the adorable Swiss Pixie Gretel from CC Designs and the only altering I did was add a couple stripes to her legs so I could color in funky tights that matched the striped paper. Oh and I also heat embossed the flourishes on the striped paper with clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel for a subtle 'blowing wind' effect. The rows of quirky little trees were hand cut from a sheet of pattern paper. Nothing mind blowing or super inventive technique wise but this card just makes me smile and isn't that what we all hope our cards do?

Have a good one! :) Supply list:
cardstock- cardstock warehouse, Bazzill and GP
paper- Sassafras Lass (Winter Wonder)
stamps- CC Designs (Swiss Pixie Gretel) Gel-a-tins (Spiral Symphony)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox cream brown chalk ink, Versamark clear ink
Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
Autumn Leaves snowflake stickers
Making Memories Christmas Wordfetti sticker
Liquid Pearls
Sakura clear embossing pen
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic multiliner 0.3 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, YR00. E51, R20
hair- E42, E43, E44, E47
clothes- G0000, G000, G00, B000, B41, B32, R02, R05, E41, E42, YG13, YG17

28 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. There may not be any mind blowing...technics, but this is a SWEET card! I just had to smile when I looked at it. She is adorable, and I love the swirls. I have never done any heat embossing, so I am envious. I so need to give this a try, but it will have to wait until after new years(money, money..)lol..Have a great time with your peeps...Lisa

Rhonda Miller said...

Gorgeous card!!

Shirley N said...

I so love your coloring and again, thanks for showing us what you use!

1LuvnMama said...

Amy~nothing fancy? It's a mind-blower! I luv the little rows of trees . . . gives it such a winter wonderland effect :) have a great weekend!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Very cute!!!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is super sweet and gorgeous, Amy! Love everything about it!!

donna mikasa said...

Super cute and marshmallowy sweet!! Love the coordinating stripes--you are just too clever!

p.s. A little Santa visited me in the mail yesterday! HUGS!!

RiNNE said...

Those marshmallow trees are good enough to eat!! Wonderful card...boo on getting disqualified! Yay for weekends off!

♥Rach♥ said...

Great colors Amy, those trees must have been tons of work but they came out really great!

Victoria said...

subtle altering but works a treat


Victoria
x

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Ahhh Amy this is gorgeouss ;) I soo admire your cards :) thanks for joining us at ATS challenges this week.
hugs Ria

Jessica Diedrich said...

SO darling, Amy! Love her!

Alice said...

this is soooooo adorable!! love the cooler colors!! this makes me smile, too!! =)

Kerry said...

Love, love, LOVE the card! Winter wonderland, ahhhhh! :)

Danni said...

How creative and cute!! Love this!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kimberly S said...

Such a little cutie, and your coloring is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Tammi said...

super cute! I love how you embossed the clear swirls on the background!

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE the blowing wind effect, Amy! And those mashmallow trees....so cool!!

Anonymous said...

Wow !!! So soft and so frost !!!
I really love this one, LOVE the wind in the background...Brrrrrr..... :)
Amazing !!!
xxx
Mag

Tonje said...

This is definitely a card that make you smile... so cheery and bright. I especially like the embossed flourishes!

Anonymous said...

super cute card,love the colors

Juls said...

fab!! Love all the embossed swirls in the background!

Pam Varnell said...

This is another beauty Amy. I just adore these Swiss Pixie's and I love how you did this one. I can't believe you cut out all those trees but it was well worth the effort. BEAUTIFUL!!! Hugs.

Claireabelle said...

Amy this is just gorgeous!
xx

Angela said...

Amy this is gorgeous!! Not your normal bright colors But I love it! She looks so pretty colored in soft light colors and I love those trees. Just beautiful!!
Hugs,
Angela

MarkerGeek said...

Utterly adorable! I love the Swiss Pixies, and your card is gorgeous!

TonyaA said...

Lovely Card!
Blessings, peace, and love to you,
~Tonya

kris said...

Awww, this is so pretty! love your creation!! Thank you for playing along with us at Flutter by... hugs, Kris