Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Now I know what he likes for a late night snack...

for years now it's been bringin' him back... milk and cookies...

I know, I know... technically today's card features cupcakes, not cookies but these were the most closely related Christmas song lyrics that I could think of. ;)

So how is everyone this morning? Good I hope.
I'm gearing up for a busy day at work but before I head off I thought I would share this little card. A couple of days ago I came across the Cupcake Inspiration challenge #36 and fell in love with the idea of taking inspiration from a photo of cupcakes. I liked the freedom of how you could interpret different parts of it to make a card and I had every intention of being really loose with the theme because you don't actually have to use cupcake images. But then as I was falling asleep this little character popped into my head and I had to get her down on paper as soon as I woke up yesterday. Thus Red Velvet Cupcake Princess was born... so much for doing a loose interpretation because how could I not put her on a card? ;) Maybe the next go round I won't be so literal...
And you wanna know the best part of all this? I showed my sister this card and the inspiration picture and it inspired her to make some actual red velvet cupcakes (she loves to bake and decorate cakes). Now I hope she brings me some after work today... yum! :)

Ok, time for me to head off to work. I'll see you all tomorrow with the first of this month's Club Anya sneak peeks! Woohoo! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and GP
paper- K&Co
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Susie Surprise cupcake) Martha Stewart (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink
Ranger Stickles
Martha Stewart glitter
Kaiser Craft pearls
misc ribbon
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic Multiliner 0.1, 0.3 and 0.5 pens
Copic markers:
skin- E50, YR00, E51, R20
hair- E40, E41
clothes- R12, R14, R17, R27, R29, G05, G07, G14, G19, YG03

31 comments:

Brocéliane said...

so cute :)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, lol....I am laughing, because before I read your post I always have to admire your work and the first thing that I thought of was RED VELVET CAKE!!!YUM.....Have one for me ok. I love this card, she is just so happy, and I can just taste the frosting...I think I can actually feel the weight I am gaining just from drooling over your goodies..lmbo...Have a great day at work, Lisa G

Jessica Diedrich said...

That is so funny, because that photo was actually one that was in the TGF Newsletter-I LOVE red velvet cupcakes and had to put a recipe in there! TOO AWESOME! OMG this card-well, it TAKES the CAKE! ;)

♥Rach♥ said...

I love ANYTHING cupcakes and she's SO cute! I just love her "icing" hair :0) Great card and you are so talented lady!

RiNNE said...

"Me LOVES red velvet cupcakes."-- that's my cookie monster impersonation! LOL..

What a beautiful card, Amy! Love how you put your ideas straight on paper. I think I need to get some copic drawing pens and try it! Anyway, your creations are absolutely delish!

Thanks for my lovely card! It totally made my day! I'll be sending yours soon!

Gabby said...

OH MY GOD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I so LOVE her!!! OMG that icing hair...girl you have got SKILLZ!!! You totally made me smile this morning! I'm already on a HAPPY rush...this just made me smile bigger! Sooooo...I hope you don't mind if I one day totally copy you! LOL! I may just try that today...while I camp out under my blankies to bear this cold weather...lol!

kris said...

LOVE this card!!! that cupcakes are so darn CUTE! love love how you drew her hair! perfect topping! =D have a wonderful day!!! hugs, Kris

Denise said...

Love it! So pretty, pretty, pretty. Those cupcakes look so yummy!

donna mikasa said...

YUMMM! Red velvet cupcakes!! And I love her frosting 'do! So clever... and yummo!

Shirley N said...

That is such an adorable card! That cupcake looks so yummy, I'm dying for some right now! So creative you are--wonderful card!

Rachel Hope said...

Holy Cupcake Goodness Batman!!! :) I LOVE it!!!! Everything about it is Perfection!!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!!!

Angie said...

So cute! I love her hair! Before I read the post, and before I scrolled down enough, I thought she was lounging in a cupcake jacuzzi! lol!

Jackie Thomas said...

OMG, how awesome is this. You never cease to amaze me Amy. She looks fantastic. xo Jackie

Kerry said...

OMG, my jaw almost hit the floor. I love her... and the red velvet cupcake.... yummmmmm.

Jamie N. said...

Fabulous card, Amy. I just love your creations. They're so adorable and so original.

Victoria said...

OMG this is fabulous, what a great character she is

Victoria
x

Stamping Cafe said...

What a yummy and clever card, Amy! You just ROCK!!

Alice said...

too cute, too cute!! love her!! she looks so yummy!! wonderful card!!

Kellie said...

WOW she is amazing! Your colouring is so vibrant you would swear it's not colouring at all. I just adore her, how sweet is she! All round a gorgeous card that's for sure!
Hugs, Kel

Anonymous said...

This is great...Love the image, especially the hair, makes me think of frosting..

Angela said...

OMG Amy, She has got to be one of the cutest little things I have ever seen!! That Red velvet cupcake looks so real!! Love all your drawings, now if only I could draw. Love all your creations Amy!!
Hugs,
Angela

Crafty Jenn said...

Yummy! I <3 red velvet!

This so such an awesome card Amy! The icing looks so real, I had to enlarge the image to see what you did. Great shading.

MicheyMoo said...

Clever, clever and she looks so festive and bright and cheery!! And oh so delicious.

Hope you were rewarded with some of those red velvet cupcakes. :)

Hugs, Michey xxx

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Amy! This is just the cutest! LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!

Jenny said...

Are you going to make her available somewhere??? ATS digi???? Pretty please???

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Elena said...

Amy, your cupcakes not only so yummy looking but also so inspiring! Very cute card! Love, love it!
Thank you so much for joining Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Miam Miam I'm hungry now !!!
What a funny creation and a great idea.
I really love your card :) So cute !!!
Hugs
Mag

Tammi said...

that is too adorable!

Nikki said...

MMM love cupcakes too this is so cute

Raven B said...

Adorable.

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh!! This is gorgeous in every way. Sheer perfection. I am so glad you found our Cupcake Inspiration challenge!! Hugs,