Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas time is here...

happiness and cheer... fun for all, that children call their favorite time of year...

Good Monday morning to you!
Do you realize that Christmas is only like two and a half weeks away? OMGosh where did the time go? Seriously... I feel like I still have way too much to get done before the big day. Bet I'm not the only one though. ;)
I'm really looking forward to doing some holiday baking. Cookies... cakeballs... jello popcorn balls... all the best goodies to plate up and give to friends and family. Hopefully I'll get to start that this coming weekend and have some help from my mom and sister.

But this past weekend was all about the card making and I was all about using more 'oldies but goodies' from my stash. In fact, everything on my card today is from an Anna Griffin die cut sheet that I noticed was dated 2005... so yea, I've been hanging onto them for a while now. ;)
I still love them though and I'm so glad I finally put them to use because they are just perfect for a fun, girly Christmas card.
The image is a mix of Wild Sprouts Annika's head and digi Wild Sprouts Camille's body. I loooooove that stylish little coat so don't be surprised if you see me use it with a bunch of different heads on upcoming Christmas/winter cards. LOL
And on top of all that this card works for two challenges this week! First is Anyone for Anya's open challenge and second is Quixotic's challenge to use charms (which I have dangling from Annika's hand).
In all my blog cruising I've come across quite a few 'new to me' challenges that I really want to have a go at soon... who knows, I just may break my record and combine three challenges next time! LOL :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day! Supply list:
cardstock- cardstock warehouse and GP
die cut frame, trees and sentiment- Anna Griffin (Elsie Christmas)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Annika and digi WS Camille)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink
Ranger Stickles
misc charm and string
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic markers-
skin- E50, YR00, E51, R20
hair- E25, E27, E29, E59
clothes- B91, B95, B97, B99, E30, E33, E35, RV32, RV34, YG00, YG21, YG01, W5, W7, W9

36 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, She is adorable. I knew right away that you had combined.lol..You are rubbing off.lol....Your card is just so cheery and bright. I love it. I also love the non-traditional colors. You do such awesome work. Have a great Monday. Hows the snow? I will trade our wind..Wow it has not stopped in over 24 hours. Takes your breath away. Lisa G

♥Rach♥ said...

Just when I think your cards can't get any cuter!!! I LOVE the altering, the colors and the trees, really an all around wonderful card! Your coloring is always beautiful but for some reason today it just pop off the page.

Brocéliane said...

gorgeous card Amy, love the pink trees :)

Mary Giles said...

This is so pretty and elegant! Lov ethe sparkles and the frame...So cute how you used Camilles clothes with Annika's head.

☼ Cheryl* said...

You always make beautiful cards, Amy.
I love that TGF stamp!!!

RiNNE said...

I just love your scenes!!! How fun is this! It's like those die-cut trees are in a park. And your plan of baking sounds yummy!

Tammi said...

that's really cute! I think the charm really gives it that extra pizzaz!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable! Love her in the little trees and your coloring is beautiful!

Gabby said...

ADORABLE! I love how Annika is holding that charm...looks like she's gonna place it on one of her many holiday trees! Love it! But what of yours DON'T I love!? Now off I go to your house cause that baking just lured me in!...lol!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Lovely card! The trees are so pretty!

Denise said...

This card is so cute & pretty! I love those pink Christmas trees.

donna mikasa said...

Love the altering, as always. Annika is so lucky to get that coat! The pink trees are awesome--you gotta love those oldies! I'm still hoarding some from way back, too....

Tracey said...

LOVE this colour combination for CHristmas...so fun and girly!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the altered image , Amy! Super Super cute!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Amy

gorgeous card, love the trees and that image is sooo cute.

Hgs Ali x

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy! Cute, cute, cute!! I love it when a card forms a scene in my head and I am picturing her walking throught the tree lot to pick out her tree, only instead of regular trees this lot is full of girly, sparkly trees!!! What a fun place to tree shop!! :-)Traci

Leanne said...

Hi Amy,
Really cute card and love when you make alterations! I have a lot of old items I hang on to as well.. You never know when you're going to use it.

Shirley N said...

This is just precious, Amy! This image is adorable and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for always including the pens you use--I'm always interested in that.

Anonymous said...

You're the Queen of altering !!!
She's so cute like that, I just love the trees, so girly :)
Hugs,
Mag xxx

Tammi said...

I'm coming over to your house! ;) Not only do you make the cutest and best altered cards, but your making some yummy goodies too! :) Love your adorable card! ~Hugs

Tonje said...

I guess it was about time to use those Anna Griffin die cuts... lol... I'm like that myself... holding on to things for years and years... Cute card, as always!!

Claireabelle said...

Love it!!
xx

Tracey Feeger said...

Gosh Amy did you have to remind me that xmas is only around the corner...??? LOL. I am so not ready for it. My little girls birthday, and both my inlaws have birthdays before xmas. Phew. Busy month for me indeed.

Wonderful card. Love the image. She is coloured beautifully.
mwah
Trace

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Amy, she is adorable. You have coloured her brilliantly. xo Jackie

Victoria said...

no one alters like Amy! this is fab, love the coat, she looks so snug

Victoria
x

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Fabulous Christmas card!! Love the charm!!

Jenn said...

Adorable card!! Love the outfit!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Have you ever run out of ideas?! :) Love your gorgeous card, Amy! Your altering is perfect every time!!

Alice said...

too cute! love it!

Kelly Booth said...

So CUTE Amy.....Love Love this!!! I got the CUTEST card from you today...I NEED that stamp!! Gotta tell me who makes it????

MicheyMoo said...

Oooooh you've coloured her in just perfectly!! You really need to do a tute on how you colour them so well!!!

Love this...definitely a fun, girly-girl card.
Michey xxx

kris said...

This card is so lovely!!! i love the trees!! wow! i think i beat you though... some of the papers i pulled out this year is from 2003-2004... LOL... i just love your card! cute little winter scene! hugs, Kris

Crafty Jenn said...

Too cute! Love the colors. Great work on the altering.

Lets not compare some of the old papers I have hanging around my craft room.... at least yours are still cute. ;)

Tasha said...

Fantastic design Amy - love thoose trees and beautiful colours! The altering just gets better and better - she looks fab
love tasha xx

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous! She is wonderful, love your colouring, Thanks for joining us at the Quixotic Paperie challenge blog this week. Kim

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Oh...another gorgeous card from your hand! I love the scene you made with the trees and the pretty charm in her hand.

Love from AFA?!

Renata