Friday, December 18, 2009

In the meadow we can build a snowman...

and pretend that he is parson Brown...

Ahhh Friday... oh how I look forward to this day all week long. It's my day off and I've got big plans so I'm just going to dive right into today's post. :)

I'm still on a roll with the whole combining challenges thing, even if I haven't broken my record of two... LOL, it's all good though. So my card combines this week's Diedrich Dare sketch challenge and this week's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge. I loved the whole pink, aqua and brown color combo plus I just couldn't resist the chance to pull out these cutie snowmen stamps that have been a favorite of mine for a couple years now. Something about the sketchy way they are drawn totally reminds me of the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes (which I'm still totally bummed over its not being written anymore...sigh). But I digress... back to the card, when I saw Jack's sketch I immediately saw a whole stamped bottom panel rather than my usual cut-out image and it was fun to create an entire scene.
The end result is pretty clean and simple looking but I really dig it. ;)
Thanks for stopping by today, I'll chat with ya again manana.
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper- October Afternoon (Good Cheer)
stamps- Close to my Heart (Snowfriends set) Daisy Bucket (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Autumn Leaves Manhattan blue and Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic multiliner 0.3 pen
Copic markers:
sky- B000
snowmen- BG0000, BG000, YR12, YR15, YR04, C5, C7, C9, R20, RV42, R32, E55, E57, E59, BG10, BG11, BG18
bird- R22, R24, Y35

30 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

OMG, that stamp is just TOO CUTE, I totally agree with you! Great card, I may have to borrow that layout (with the whole image on the bottom panel), I really love how it came out. Wonderful job as always Miss Amy :0)

Angie said...

that is an ADORABLE set of snowmen! I have a plan for this DD sketch also, I need to get on that! And I have been on a HUNT for those Kaiser Craft Pearls that you use. I can't seem to find them.

Anonymous said...

The cutest little snowmen I've ever seen !!!
HUGS
Mag :)

Melissa S said...

I love snowmen and I have to have that stamp. Now I'm on a misson.

kris said...

Oh wow!!! this is super cute!! those snowmen are adorable... Love the take on the color combo and the sketch! Fabulous card!! Thank you for joing us at the Dare! hugs, Kris

Jamie N. said...

Fantastic! I adore this card. The snowmen are soooo friggin cute! And that color scheme is so fab.

Saskia said...

Great card, so lovely!

Saskia :)

Lysa said...

Super cute!! I love it!

RiNNE said...

I LOVE IT! That stamp is just so cute...I like the 'sketchy' look of it too!

Shirley N said...

That is such an adorable card--love your snowmen image!

Claireabelle said...

Totally Fab-U-lous!!! Love it
x

Danni said...

So so cute!!

1LuvnMama said...

Those are the cutest snowmen ever! I just luv snowmen and your set is adorable! Happy Holidays to you and your family Amy!

Denise said...

Very cute! Loving the snowmen, you colored them so perfect!

Elena said...

Absolutely adorable! I love these snowmen too! So cute!
Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Victoria said...

calvin and hobbs - what a blast from the past!

Great card
Victoria
x

donna mikasa said...

Oh, I really dig this, too! Those snowfriends are super cute!

Kerry said...

Sooooo cute, I love this set too! Amazing!!!

Rachel Hope said...

OHHHH, I love those little guys! That are Just like Calvin & Hobbes!!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration again this week!

Tonje said...

This is sooo cute! Those snowmen are absolutely adorable!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my word, Amy! This is super cuteness!! Love those snowmen, totally adorable!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is awesome Amy and that is one of the best snowman sets ever! Beth

Michelle Woerner said...

This rocks Amy!! LOVE those little guys! Thanks for playing in the HSE cupcake challenge!

Alice said...

this is soooooo cute, Amy!! love the color combo, too! lovely card!

☼ Cheryl* said...

Awww, Amy! That is such a cute card!!! I love the stamp and I agree with you about the colours.

the paper bug said...

Love, love, love your card! Why can't I tag this as a favourite? haha! I'll have to check out SCS to see if you've posted it there yet. ;)

Beautiful work Amy!

Rebecca

Tammi said...

so cute! I used the little guy on the right with the bird for my christmas cards this year! I like how you used all of them together!

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is so sweet! That color combo is great and that image is so adorable! :-)Traci

Crafty Jenn said...

Too cute!! Yay to Snow Friends! Love how you used all the images together.

I miss Calvin and Hobbes too. I have quite a few of the books to look at now and then when I need a good laugh. ;)

Randi said...

I love this Amy!! Soooooo adorable! It totaly reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes!! What a fun holiday card! Thanks so much for playing along with the Dare this week!