Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree...

how lovely are thy branches...

Sweet Sunday morning to you, I hope it's not too hectic with the hustle and bustle of pre-holiday prep. I'm 99% sure that I've got all my Christmas shopping and what not done now... woot woot! I do still have the baking to do but other than that I'm feeling pretty good. Even the report for more snow later today isn't getting me down... I think I may be in the thrall of that good ol' Christmas spirit. ;)

So is it really a surprise that I've got yet another Christmas card to share today? I didn't think so... LOL.

The first time I saw one of these cutie Whiff of Joy, Uru and Wee images was this amazing card on Donna's blog and I thought it was one of the sweetest things ever. So when All That Scraps got some of them in stock I just had to get one to play with. Now it's not Uru and Bird like Donna used (and which I'm sure I'll get eventually) but I thought Wee and Tree was just as cute. There's just something about those giant feet and cone heads that I find utterly adorable. :)
The whole card came together pretty quickly considering I once again raided my stash and found an old My Mind's Eye frame-up that makes it look like I cross stitched a little berry border without all that work, gotta love it!
And even though it's a bit of a stretch I'm entering it into this week's Quixotic challenge to use stars... there is that one little star on top of the tree... ;)

Well I think that's all I've got for today... oh and just an FYI I won't be posting at my regular early time tomorrow since we have the BIG holiday Club Anya blog hop starting at 5 pm my time and I will have a new post then. But I hope to see a bunch of you as I hop, hop, hop and chat, chat, chat at the Club Anya PCP page tomorrow! It will be fun times indeed! :)

See ya then!
Supply list:
cardstock- cardstock warehouse and GP
My Mind's Eye die-cut frame
stamps- Whiff of Joy (Wee and Tree) Hero Arts Christmas sentiment
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink
Making Memories Mistletoe stick pin
misc ribbon
Ranger Stickles
Liquid Pearls
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
Wee:
skin- E00, E11, R20
clothes- R02, R05, R08, E18, YG03, YG91, YG93, YG95, W3, W5, W7, W9, E40, E41
tree- E44, E47, E49, YG63, YG67, G29, Y15, Y21, Y35

25 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, Very cute. I had not seen these before, but it is really cute. I was thinking it would be 6pm our time, so thanks for the heads up..I'll be seeing you then... :D Lisa

Rosa Forino said...

semplicemente meraviglioso... complimenti

Tonje said...

So cute!

Shirley N said...

Very cute and as usual, your coloring is so beautiful!

Pam Varnell said...

This is so cute Amy. Those big shoes are just killing me, LOVE THEM!!! Adorable card. See you tomorrow at the hop. Hugs!!

1LuvnMama said...

OH Amy! The colors are gorgeous!!! Just luv the image and so festive! :)

Claireabelle said...

I love this!! fabulous
xx

Dragonlady said...

Yes, I like these images too, love your colouring,

Hugs Ali x

Jackie Thomas said...

Very cute Amy, your colouring is perfect. I adore these images. xo Jackie

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is adorable! I am trying so hard to resist these images because I do not have enough time for all of the images I already have and love, but you are making it so hard with your fabulous creation!! :-)Traci

Unknown said...

Hi Amy! So cute card. I love the image you used :)

Lynne in NI said...

Oh she's sooooooo cute! Fab colouring Amy and I love your ribbons and pretty border
:o)

donna mikasa said...

Oooooh, I almost missed your Sunday post!! So glad I enabled you to the WoJ stamps....don'tcha love those big feet?? LOL! Alice enabled me, so I'm glad I was able to do the same to you!

See you at the hop tomorrow!

Stamping Cafe said...

What a gorgeous card, Amy! Perfect in every way, love it!

Sue McGettigan said...

Very sweet - I like the extra touch of the ribbon/pin :)

Kerry said...

Soooo cute, stunning card Amy!

RiNNE said...

Too sweet!! Love the touch of bows on the side! Good job on your Holiday to-do list! See you at the blog hop!

Angela said...

Amy this is so cute. I know what you mean about not being able to resist!!! I see so many cute images that i just have to have them all. I have so many right now that haven't even seen ink yet.. and some of these are Christmas images!!! I have got to get busy and get the lead out of my rear! Amy as always your coloring is so beautiful.
Hugs,
Angela

Angie said...

OMGOODNESS this image is SO sweet! I don't think I've ever seen these images! I love your card. the subtle background paper gives such a warm feeling to it! See you on the hop. I may not be actually there, but my post will be up!

Alice said...

beautiful beautiful card Amy! can't wait for the hop tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Really cute stamp !!!Your card is just Amazing !!!
HUGS,
Mag ;)

MarkerGeek said...

SO cute, Amy!

Kelly Booth said...

I So LOVE those stamps!!! I just colored one for my Blog Post on tue......
Love your card Amy!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

These images are darling I ordered some from Europe but the exchange rate stopped my order in it's tracks!

Unknown said...

Hi Amy! LOVE this! You've coloured the image so perfectly-as usual;) Love the simple layout you've gone with. Thanks so much for joining in with us this week at Quixotic Challenges. Hope to see you next time too:) Hugs, Rowena