Saturday, December 26, 2009

Winding down

Hello and good morning my friends!
Well the big day has come and gone and I hope Santa was good to you this year. :)
I had a lovely day yesterday filled with good food and great company... it doesn't get much better than that... though I was gifted with some extra moola that's already burning a hole in my pocket. Good thing new stamps are being released later this week so I can put it to good use... ;)

Can I just say that it felt both a little weird but totally great to finally be breaking away from all the Christmas cards I've been making lately? My world has expanded to include all the wonderful colors I've been missing, so right off the bat I knew I wanted to take advantage of the Sugar Bowl challenge that includes using your favorite color along with their sketch.
I love orange. It has been my favorite color for quite a few years now. It is such a happy color don't you think? And it felt great to jump in and play with it's sunny warmth... especially since it is SO cold here! If it's possible for paper to warm you up on a cold day this new Basic Grey certainly did the trick. ;)
And I left little Goth Gorjuss Girl pretty much as is, except for drawing in some sleeves on her dress... I love this stamp. All in all just a simple little card that puts a smile on my face :)

OK, I think I've rambled on enough for today but before I go be sure to come back tomorrow as it will be the first candy up for grabs in a week of give-aways to celebrate some new releases and it's not a bad way to ring in the new year either! I promise you won't want to miss out on the fun! :)

Toodles! Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and GP
paper- Basic Grey (Sugar Rush)
stamp- Sugar Nellie (little goth gorjuss girl)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut chalk ink
Kaiser Craft pearl
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Marvy giga scallop circle punch
American Crafts brown pigment pen 0.3
Copic multiliner pen 0.1
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E97, E99, E39, E29
clothes- YR12, YR15, YR14, B60, B63, B66, E50, Y32

20 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Wow Amy, You may say simple, but I think this card just POPS off of the page..I so love the colors you used and the dimention is just ridiculous. I love it, and it sure did warm me up this morning. And you know it is sooo cold (13 degrees)this morning. I have to tell you, Jerry bought me all of your fairies for Christmas. They are digi for now, but I already made a card with one of them. Isn't he trained well.lol... Have a great Saturday. Lisa

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

What a cute card! I love the little butterflies.

kris said...

it's a beautiful card!! LOVE the color combo! the DP is very pretty and that gorjuss girl, well, she's just "Gorjuss".... Sounds like you've had a wonderful Christmas... =D did you say new stamps??? hehehe! hugs, Kris

1LuvnMama said...

boy, you can still create after a fun filled day? not exhausted? i had 3 gatherings yesterday . . . still recovering! :) i enjoyed time with family as well as you did! great gorjuss card Amy, as usual! will be back tomorrow!

Shirley N said...

I love this card, Amy--your colors and layout. So pretty!

Sammi said...

Oh wow!! this is GORGEOUS Amy!! LOVE it! beautiful colouring and colour choices!!
glad you had a lovely christmas day :D
xxx

Alice said...

this is such a sweet card, Amy! i just adore your coloring! So glad to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas! =)

Maria Therese said...

beautiful card ♥

donna mikasa said...

Big fan of orange here, too! Love the colors on this Gorjuss Girl card--just gorjuss! And just three more days till "Glee" is on DVD!!

RiNNE said...

Did someone say CANDY? I will be here (i come everyday anyway :)). Glad to here you had a wonderful holiday, Amy! I love your card...the colors are beautiful together and the elements you used are just fab! The sketch is amazingly done as well!!!

Kim said...

Amy what an adorable card hun! I love it and yes I do think it's possible for paper to warm you! It's FREEZING here in Wisconsin and won't stop snowing!!!! YUCK! I absolutely love your Gorjuss Girl and love the sleeves you drew in...hopefully I can keep this idea in my memory bank to try on mine! :) Love your coloring....GREAT work hun! Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas! Wishing you lots of happiness, love, joy, and success in 2010!
Hugs~ Kim

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Oh I am no fan of Orange ;) but this certainly is gorgeouss Amy :)
hugs Ria

Victoria said...

Beautiful card Amy. I adore this GG and the colours you've used are so bright and cheery! Glad you had a lovely christmas. I did too and got lots of lovely crafty gifts!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Tonje said...

Beautiful. Love the orange, and the layout is fab!

Moni said...

Awesome, love the image! Hugs,Moni

crafty amy said...

This is adorable hun I love the colour combo and I know what you mean about breaking away from the Christmas cards. I am glad that you had such a great Christmas you deserve it :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Lilian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lilian said...

Your card is just so sunny Amy! Love the orange colors you used and your gorgeous coloring. Thanks for taking time to join us this busy Holiday Season at the SB challenge! Hope to see you in the next challenge too & Happy New Year!

Tammi said...

Cute! Love her in the hello circle! I'm SO ready to do something besides Christmas cards too, after seeing all your amazing cards this morning, I'm inspired to go make something! :) Cute how you added sleeves, so simple, but adds so much!

Loz said...

Stunning card!! I love these images, just don't have any of them yet!! Your card is so fun!