Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Gone away is the bluebird...

here to stay is a new bird...

Good morning friends! It may be the most wonderful time of the year but man-oh-man does it have to be the busiest time of year too? I'm still on the run so I have a quick post for a super quick card today.

But first, I just had to share the fun socks that sweet Kris sent me for Christmas, along with an amazing card and other fun goodies. She was concerned about my feet getting cold in my chilly craft room and that just cracked me up... thanks again Kris, I love them! :)

And as for my card... well, you are looking at a 20 minute card right here. The card base is a pre-printed one from Making Memories that even had the punched holes along the border already. All I did was some quick stamping right on it, colored in the bird and wove the ribbon up the border. I've used a gold Copic Spica pen on the bird and as always I just can't get the shimmer to show up well in the photo but in real life it really helps dress up this simple card.
Well thanks for stopping by... hopefully I'll have a more exciting card to share tomorrow. :)
Supply list:
Making Memories card base
stamps- Inkadinkado (bird and branches) Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Nick Bantock sapmoss green, Tim Holtz shabby shutters and antique linen
misc ribbon
Copic gold Spica pen
Copic markers:
bird- E40, E41, E42, R46, R59, E18, YG03, YG17, YG67

15 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I love the socks...You are sure have warm tootsies in those. You card is just fab! You would never ever know that park of it was premade....It is adorable. Have a great Wednesday. I was wondering if you would share how you store your Copics. I see them in the back ground, and it looks like you have them mounted on the wall...Lisa

Tammi said...

cute socks! I love the card, i like how simple it is but still very beautiful!

Kerry said...

Love the socks, how fun!!! Beautiful card!!!

kris said...

LOL!!! Yes, I am very concerned Amy! hehehe! stay warm!! =D looks great too!! Love those reindeer! and this card... ha! you fooled me because it looks like you stamped the branches too... LOVE the weaved ribbon on the side! a simple card gone beautiful! hugs, Kris

Jessica Diedrich said...

Awww how CUTE!!!!

Unknown said...

hehehe....definitely really nice present!
It sure is a beautiful 20 minute card, Amy! Nice and simple! LOVE it! Love the ribbon treatment! Hope you have a GREAT Christmas!

kadie said...

Oh I love it!! I'll about learning new ideas for making beautiful quick cards!

cute socks!

♥Rach♥ said...

Love the pic of your socks, the copics and Anya in the background were a nice artistic touch, LOL!

That card is just too cute! I love the bird ornament and branches and sentiment. Regardless of how long it took, it's adorable!

Claireabelle said...

Fab socks and a gorgeous card to boot too!!
xx

donna mikasa said...

Love your super quick cards--that birdie is too cute! Cute sox, too!

Danni said...

Very cute socks! and a super cute card!

RiNNE said...

If I could buy that oh-so-cute ornament, I would -- you've colored her so beautifully! What a great idea this pre-printed card is! Just this morning, I was looking at a regular card and wondered if I should just add a couple of Anya stamps and make it a day :)! Awesome ribbon too!

And those socks are adorable!

Shirley N said...

Cute socks from Kris and great job on your card. It may have been a quick card for you but it is beautiful!

Alice said...

that bird ornament is so cute! love quick cards! and those socks look very cozy! stay warm!

WickedPixie said...

Your 20 minute card is stunning!! :-)Traci