Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas is for children...

but aren't we all children, Christmas day...

Happy Monday friends. This is a big week and I hope it is starting off well for everyone. :)
I'm on the run again but I do have time to share this card I made and guess what? I broke my record and got THREE challenges done with this one... yeah! I used the TGF sketch #3 from their 12 days of sketches challenge, the color scheme comes from this week's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge and because it's a Christmas card (no surprise there) it also works for this week's Anyone for Anya challenge... whew! :)

So you could probably tell I did a bit of altering on this one too. I used the little Anya head from the Spa set (the one in the bathtub) and had to wipe a bit of the bubbles away from her cheek and re-draw her jaw line but still a pretty simple repair. Then I combined it with little Alice Anya's body from the Signature set. Once I had her body all together I gave her some presents from the free Birthday Ian digi that I shrunk down to the same small size as the mini Anya. Add another mini Ian and some more presents and voila... instant Christmas morning happiness. :)
Can I just say that I am still really diggin' these mini Anyas and hope that we see more (including Ians) from TGF in the future... hint, hint, hint! ;) I'm so subtle... LOL!

Alrighty it's time for work, later dudes!



Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper and stickers- Doodlebug Designs
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Spa set, Signature set, Birthday Ian digi)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Doodlebug ladybug and grasshopper
Cuttlebug embossing border
misc brads
Sakura stardust pen
Copic multiliner 0.3 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
boy hair- E15, E17, E18, E29
girl hair- E08, E09, E19, E18
clothes/presents- BG0000, BG000, E40, E41, YG01, YG07, YG09, R22, R27, R29, R46, R59, G14, G16, G29

24 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi dude!lol....Hi Amy, great card as always. Congrats on breaking your challenge record..Whew, that's alot to consider when making a card....I too, like these little Anyas. I have colors a red riding hood, but I haven't done anything with her just yet..Have a great Monday, and don't work too hard. Lisa G

Anonymous said...

You are so talented !!!
I love how you alter these cute stamps.
A beautiful card in traditional Christmas colors, I really love it :)
xxx
Mag )

♥Rach♥ said...

This is so cute and it looks like my two kiddos a little :00 Love the altering and the layout, it's an adorable card.

Maria Therese said...

really cute card! love your stamp coloring!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I LOVE this card-it's so sweet and totally captures the MAGIC! CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

RiNNE said...

What a cute and darling card!! Spa Anya & Alice Anya go well together ;). And I love that doodle-like paper!!!

Btw, I'm hoping you received my card?

Rachel Hope said...

Cute cute cute!!! Love the presents all lined up...the images are perfect for happy little Christmas Morning kiddos!!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!!

kris said...

They are totally excited for presents!!! LOVE the altering on this one! the whole card is so CUTE!! Love your imagination on your creations! brings such happiness! Have a wonderful Monday! hugs, Kris

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness, this is totally adorable! I can't wait to get the spa set. :)

Stamping Cafe said...

This is superb, Amy! They look so excited and sweet, you totally ROCK!!

Tammi said...

that is tooooo cute!

Sparkplug17 said...

Very cute! I love being able to use birthday stuff for other holidays too!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

GREAT CARD, they look so cute behind all the presents! Also love your doodling (?) at the background.

Love from AFA?!

Renata

Elena said...

Great card, Amy! I love how you altered Anya! It's fabulous! You are very-very talented!
Thank you so much for joining Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Shirley N said...

Such a cute card, Amy--you're such an artist! I so love your coloring, too! Merry Christmas!

Victoria said...

oh wow how cute is this - the little characters look so excited too!

Victoria
x

Danni said...

I just love coming to your blog to see what you've done...this is so creative and cute and wow!! You so rock!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy this acrd is darling! I think the minis are cute as well especially when you work your magic! Beth

Alice said...

LOVE this Amy!! love all the little gift boxes! too fun!

donna mikasa said...

Visiting your blog every day is such a treat....and your altering always blows me away!

Claireabelle said...

Simply stunning!
xx

Angela said...

Oh Amy, this is cute. They look so excited with all their gifts in from of them ready to open!! Love how you altered these!! I will be back later to comment on your other post that I have missed these last few days!!
Hugs,
Angela

MarkerGeek said...

Amy this is TOO cute! x

WickedPixie said...

This is too, too cute!! Ok, I just realized that is what the comment above me says too!! Well, it is adorable Amy!! :-)Traci