Friday, December 4, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year

... there will be much mistletoeing and hearts will be glowing so be of good cheer!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... yikes, it is down right freezing outside! This time of year always makes me extremely thankful for living in the times I do, where I do... how did people survive before electric heating? ;)
So I have today off and I get to stay all warm and toasty, snug as a bug in the craft room. Well, after one more quick run to the post office that is. Then the day is mine, man I love that feeling. I'm hoping to be really productive since I have a couple projects I need to get done asap.

Ok, onto today's card... so I just couldn't resist playing with another Ketto fairy and altering her into a Christmas card theme. I'm also entering this into the Flutter By weekly challenge since it is open to anything this go round. I wiped away the flowers Phoebe was holding then replaced them with the dollar stamp sign and present. In real life there is a whole lot of sparkle going on here but for the life of me I couldn't get it to photograph at all. Oh well.

Don't forget you still have until tomorrow night to post an entry onto this week's Sweet November candy, check it out here. The winner will be announced on Sunday. :)

Time for me to go get busy... later gators! Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse, Bazzill and GP
paper- Rob and Bob Studio
stamps- Stamping Bella (Phoebe Ketto) Studio G (gift and sign)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox lipstick red chalk ink
Kaiser Craft gems
misc ribbon
Ranger Stickles
Copic clear Spica glitter pen
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- RV13, RV14, RV19
clothes and wings- YG13, YG17, YG67, R22, R24, R29, RV13, RV19, B02, B04, Y15, Y17, BG0000, BG000

24 comments:

Angie said...

I love this card! I HAVE to CASE it. the layout is just what I've been looking for! Thanks Amy!

gobeagirl said...

It's the most wonderful, it's the most wonderful time of the year......Hi Amy, OMBurrrrr it is cold outside over here too.. Can you believe it, it is my weekend off and all I have to do is get the kids to school and then I am crafting.....lol..I really love your card. The colors are so fun and the paper rocks..I hope you have a great crafty day. Enjoy, Lisa G

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Amy...Love those Kettos! Hope you have a Super day and keep warm!!

kris said...

i'm not peeking!!! LOL... i LOVE what you did with this card! she's cute! lucky girl you get to play today! =D have fun!!! i will envy you while i'm doing paperwork... =D and Thank you for playing with us at Flutter by! hugs, Kris

Denise said...

Loving this very cute card Amy! Those Kettos are so cute.

Tasha said...

I think i am weird because i love the cold weather - the colder the better lol!

Loving this card - these stamps are super cute! Might have to start adding them to the collection! Love the colours and layout too
love tasha xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE your Ketto Amy! Sorry it's cold by you-I am NOT a fan of the cold! Have an awesome day and stay warm, my friend!

Danni said...

This is so neat and clever!! Wonderful job! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

1LuvnMama said...

Amy~
I likey! :)
So darn cute & luv the colors on the paper!

Stamping Cafe said...

What a sweet and adorable card, love it!

Jodi said...

Super cute image, I love the paper you used!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

donna mikasa said...

Love your altering as always! Don't you just love those $ stamps?
Happy crafting and stay warm! Sending you some sunshine.....

Randi said...

Another brilliantly altered card!! Love your Christmas Ketto!! Especially the little no peeking sign!
Ugh! Blogger keeps eating my posts! Something bad in the blog air today!

I think YOU are a master of coloring, so I'm so flattered when you like my tutorials. ;o) I will get a tutorial on the Dahlia hair up as soon as I can. I can tell you that I used these colors: BG15, YG11, B00, a white Souffle pen, and probably BG23, though I think I forgot to put it on the list.

Victoria said...

Ah how cute is that image even more so with your altering.

Victoria
x

Alice said...

so cute!

Tracey said...

Awesome!!!

Kimberly S said...

Wonderful Christmas card, and a fabulous job 'altering' her for the holidays! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday. :)

Nikki said...

That's just so darn cute :)

Jenny V. said...

Wow Amy great LO simple but very elegant. Lovely DP too. Aborable image. TFS! Kepp up the great work.

RiNNE said...

LOVE this and the colors you used!!! you make the most simple sketch *POP!* and i think that the elements you choose are just purr-fecto! that DSP you used is just too cute!

Tonje said...

You're so clever altering "normal" stamps into holiday stamps... I would never have thought of doing that...

MicheyMoo said...

She's so cute Amy......I love how you pull everything together and end up with 'the perfect card'!!

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is so adorable! I love what you have been doing with your Ketto's and Gorjuss Girls!! :-)Traci

Crafty Jenn said...

Nice and simple layout. I love how you can make something so simple look waaayyyy cool!