Thursday, December 17, 2009

It must have been the mistletoe...

the lazy fire... the falling snow...

Hello, hello fellow stamparistas!
T minus eight days and counting until Christmas, are you ready for it?
As you can see I'm still in the Christmas spirit when it comes my cards and I just couldn't resist inking up one of my new Moonlight Whispers stamps from Kraftin' Kimmies. I love the cute, yet kinda twisted Tim Burton-ish look of these little gals... it appeals to the snarky side of my personality, LOL!
So I chose Lillith to see if I could make her work for a Christmas card and I did a touch of altering by wiping away the frog from off the top of her head and drawing in her missing hair. Then I was also going to change her eyebrows a bit to give her a 'friendlier' look but her challenging little smirk spoke to me and thus the mistletoe and sentiment idea came to life. I love it when a stamp 'talks' to me and tells me what she wants to do. ;)
After that the whole card came together super quick and I added lots of sparkle to her dress and the polka dots so that I could enter this into both the Kraftin' Kimmie challenge and the All That Scraps challenge (I know, I know... by doing two it disqualifies me from the ATS challenge but I'm cool with it). :)

Okey dokey I'm audi... gotta get to work. See ya'll tomorrow with more challenge fun!
Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse, Coredinations and GP
paper- Making Memories (Mistletoe)
stamp- Kraftin Kimmie (Moonlight Whispers Lillith)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox blackbird and chestnut roan chalk ink
Kaiser Craft and Doodlebug gems
misc ribbon
Ranger Stickles
Freestyle Script computer font
Copic Spica black glitter pen
Copic multiliner 0.3 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, B0000
hair- E50, Y35, Y19, Y17, YR23
dress- R46, R59, E07, C5, C7, C9, YG00, YG03, YG95, YG13, YG17, YG67, E40, E41

27 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW this is absolutely AMAZING! I love all your altering! And the sentiment is so cute! Just a fabulous card all round, a real WOW creation!
Hugs, Kel xx

Angela said...

Amy, this is just the cutest!! love that sentiment!! What creative you have when designing your cards!! I always love coming to your blog because I never know what I am going to see!! It's always different!!
Hugs,
Angela

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. She sure has personality! I am trying to decide if someone would kiss her...lol....Absolutley adorable card..Very clever, I just love it. Have a great day, Lisa

Kristina Lewis said...

This is the best! Love it!!

kris said...

Fabulous card!!! LOVE the sentiment.. =D Cute image too, she's colored so wonderful! OMGosh that ribbon totally matches this card! Love it!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH this is absolutely adorable!! And Lillith certainly has the perfect attitude for that sentiment! I LOVE it!!!

Juls said...

just love it!! Love how you have taken the frog from her head!! you would never know you have drawn her hair in perfectly!!! Just stunning!!

Tammi said...

so cute! I love how you let the stamp speak to you!

1LuvnMama said...

Amy~
Adorable! I just luv this one . . . under the mistletoe! Thanks for always sharing and inspiring! :)

Claireabelle said...

Just fabulous!!! What a great card
xx

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous Amy. Love the sparkly dress.
mwah
Trace

Tonje said...

This card made me laugh... the sentiment is just perfect!

Randi said...

CUTE!! Amy your cards are so beautifully thought out! That background with the black ribbon is stunning. The sentiment with the mistletoe actually hanging over her head is PERFECT!! Love the image! Thanks for all the holiday inspiration this month!! Your blog is like the amazing house with Christmas lights, that you have to drive by at least 2 or 3 times!! ;o)

Victoria said...

fantastic - I love the sparkly dress

Victoria
x

Jenn said...

Love the card!!

WickedPixie said...

I love this!! Lillith is also on my list - I love her snarky expression and you have created a perfect, adorable card with her!! :-)Traci

aprilgleek said...

Ah, the 'snarky' side of your personality, I know it well! ;-)

donna mikasa said...

Okay, now who's enabling? That is just the cutest image! Love Lillith's smirk....just too adorably quirky!

Alice said...

LOVE Lillith! love how you altered her! this is such a fun card!

Danni said...

Fun, cute, fun!! Love this!!

Unknown said...

I have been seeing a lot if this stamp and am liking this line alot! Perfect sentiment for this image! She does look sneaky...hehe

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh wow... what a fun card, Amy! Love all the yummy colors together, and Lillith is way too cute!!

Shirley N said...

Funtastic!

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Ah this is gorgeouss Amy :) thanks for joining us at the ATS challenge :)
hugs Ria

RiNNE said...

This is sooo cute! The mixture on non-Christmas-y paper is perfect and that sketch is awesome! Lovin' the sentiment & the ('bossy') stamp! ;)

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE these twisty girls...they're some of my fave stamps!

Renata Scrap said...

I love it! So cute!!!!