Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Emboss it!

Three words my friends... Neil Patrick Harris!
LOL, wasn't he an excellent guest star? As funny as he was with Shue I gotta say that his scene with Sue was pretty hilarious. My fave part of the episode though, had to be Artie and that cool flash mob. Seriously, who doesn't dream of one day dancing in unison with strangers in a public place? ;)

Ok, ok yes I do actually have a card to talk about today too, LOL... I just got a bit sidetracked in my Glee euphoria. :)
So it's Wednesday and that means we've got a new challenge up over at ATS and this week is all about dry embossing. So pull out that Cuttlebug or whatever dry emboss system you use and join the fun! Remember, every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by May 25th at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

I have to admit that I don't use my Cuttlebug near enough... I've got all these great folders and I love the results when I do use them but I just have a tendency to always reach for the pattern paper first. By the time I get it all cut and glued into place there isn't much room left for the embossing. I think that must be why I like a good embossing challenge every now and then, because it forces me to think outside my normal 'box'. ;)
So I decided to go with this cool dandelion type embossed design and sanded the raised image a bit to let the white core of the cardstock show. Once that was done I added some Diamond Stickles to the little dots for some fun sparkle and shine. Next it was time to figure out who was going to live on this card, so I started flipping through my stamps and right away Ladybug Nora was jumping out at me. Ahhh... a plan is coming together... now I just had to scavenge out where that ladybug ribbon went too (boy do I need to find some time for a good spring cleaning of my craft room). Any who, when I set about coloring miss Nora I thought she needed some black hair and I realized that I've been coloring a lot more black hair recently and I'm pretty sure it's because of the new toner and neutral grey Copics that I recently added to my coloring arsenal. I gotta say that I am really liking them for my hair choices. :)

Okey dokey, chat at ya later! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill, DCWV, Cardstock Warehouse Kraft and PTI
stamp- CC Designs (Swiss Pixies Ladybug Nora)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Cuttlebug embossing folder
ribbon
Wordsworth rub-on sentiment
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Ranger Stickles
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- T3, T5, T7, T9, 0
clothes- R12, R14, R17, E08, E40, E41, 0, G000, Y000

31 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy this is so cute! I love your little girl and the ribbon just ties it all together. I don't have this folder, but wow....It all looks just great. As for Glee...well, let's just say that might be the reason one of us doesn't have a card for their blog this morning. lol...I do have to point out the even thought Neil Patrick Harris really surprised me Mr Shue was sooooooo good. (Mini Grush!) lmbo...Have a great Wednesday. Hugs, Lisa

♥Rach♥ said...

LOVE this! Great use of the folder and I love the character and matching ribbon :0)

I had to ignore your first paragraph since I haven't gotten to watch it yet but I can't wait to see NPH!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

So precious! I love the matching ribbon! Great embossing! Such a sweet card :)

hugs, margie

Julye said...

Love the card and that ribbon os adorable too, you are such a tease asd we must be a week or 2 behind you with glee in the uk, it's such a feel good programme as far as I'm concerned there's just 2 things wrong with it, first it's just not on often eough and 2ndly I think each episode should be 2 or 3 times longer, I have to make do with listening to the cd's between mondays.

Unknown said...

I simply love your card. Such simplicity yet adorable. Awesome

Maria Therese said...

So cute Amy!!

Leanne said...

Cute and simple. Love it!! I love the hair color! So sleek!

Michelle said...

Glee was amazing last night. I was totally impressed with their DREAM ON rendition and how about Lea Michele being a mini Idina Menzel! I want to do the Safey Dance in the middle of the mall with that mob! That was awesome.

~* steph :) *~ said...

sooo cute, amy! love the ladybug little girl. that lady bug ribbon is TOO cute! love how you use red for the sentiment. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful wednesday! *hugs* steph :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Beautiful card, Amy!! Love the embossing folder that you used, and that ladybug ribbon is way too cute!! Your coloring is always perfect, can't wait for the launch of the new site!! Have a beautiful day!

Mimi said...

Amy, this is so darn cute! I love the whole effect of the card, especially the ribbon. You helped me make up my mind...i'm getting Ladybug Nora! ;)

eva said...

i love how you set this scene with the embossing. so cute with the matching ribbon.

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is adorable, Amy! The embossing is fantastic, and your little Nora is perched perfectly on that ribbon!

WickedPixie said...

Simply sweet perfection! This is adorable! I am going to e-mail you later about Glee last night....:-)Traci

kris said...

i have to agree!! i don't use my embossing supplies nearly as much as the ease of grabbing patterned paper!! but i have to say that this creation turned out really beautiful!!! =D love the little ladybug theme!!

Danni said...

So cute!! Love the ladybug ribbon!

donna mikasa said...

Cuteness! Ladybug Nora and the matching ribbon--love it!! And you paired her up with the perfect CB folder. Love how you sanded it for even more dimension!

Yep, NPH and the flash mob were pretty awesome highlights! Off to watch it again....

1LuvnMama said...

It's the Safety Dance! Oh my gosh, luv that scene . . . the mob reminded me of Oprah's mob to the song "I Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. You have definitely turned me on to Glee! :)

Luv the embossing on this Amy! Simple and clean! I'd just luv to pick at your brain and see what's going on in there . . . you are amazing!

Unknown said...

what a great card, that ribbon is perfect loving the hair colour too I haven't tried any of those copic colours before will have to give it a go.

Shirley N said...

So simple, beautiful and adorable, but only you can come up with these cards...you are so inspiring Amy!!!

Shaela said...

this is sooooo cute!!

Jodi said...

I loved last night's Glee too!! Gotta love the duet! Sweet card! LOVE this image and the cute ribbon you used to match!
Hugs
Jodi =)

RiNNE said...

i love this! that black hair combo is wonderful--- can't wait to see how you do the 'strand by strand' look on your new copics' blog (*hint hint*). that ladybug stamp and ribbon are perfect!!

and yes, NPH was such a great pick for Glee! even my hubby, who never watches Glee (thinks it's too corny and there's too much singing--whatever!) watched a couple of song numbers with him! But yes, my favorite part was Artie's number!! I gasped when he got out of the chair!

Tasha said...

This is super cute Amy, the little ladybirds are so cute! Love the bright pop of red
love tasha xx

Joy said...

such a cutie! love the coloring and the challenge seems like lots of fun! embossing really does add to the card! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Amy - she's adorable! I never think to do black hair...gonna have to try to remember to try it! I do love the gray markers though, I'd hate to be w/out them anymore! The ladybug ribbon, how perfect and the dandelion folder and Wordsworth...I've been a fan of Cecelia's artwork since she started making stamps. She's an awesome calligrapher. All that to say, I love your charming card Amy!
Pam Going Postal

Alice said...

super cute! so simple but i just adore this one! Nora is soooooo adorable!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this is wonderful! Beth

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE her Amy!!! This card is so Cute and her hair is just Perfect!!!

Rosa Forino said...

adoro questa card.... mi piace tanto

Crafty Jenn said...

Seriously?! Wasn't Glee AWESOME?! My favorite was the Aerosmith duet. I hope NPH visits often!

Love the simplicity of this card. I'm the same way with embossing. I'm usually having too much fun with patterned paper that I forget. This turned out very cute. Love the matching ribbon.