Sunday, May 2, 2010

Simple Sunday part deux

Well hello there friends!
Whew, wasn't that a wild few days of new release goodness over at CA&Friends? I sure hope that you all can play along in the Rockin' Rebel contest... it's gonna be a cool one! :)

Last Sunday I shared a quick and easy card and I got to thinking afterwards that it could be fun to turn each Sunday's post into a 'Simple Sunday' theme. This works well with my schedule and how busy the weekends usually are for me. So from here on out every Sunday I'm going to share a card that takes 20 minutes or less to create... coloring included. Cute cards make me happy and if I can get them done quick I'm even happier! ;)

So here is this week's simple card... I used a 'new for me' Bugg digi from Tiddly Inks that my pal Donna totally enabled me into getting... she's notoriously good at doing that, LOL! :)
A big part of my quick cards is using images that don't require a lot of coloring and these cuties definitely fit the bill. The rest of the card comes completely from my scrap bags and what was around and on my desk. Having to use just what is within arms reach really narrows things down and speeds up the entire process for me.

I'm also entering it into the Tiddly Inks Challenge for Mother's Day cards this week. My mom loves her flowers and her gardens and of course I'm always convinced that they are the perfect homes for the little wee folk to reside in so she should get a kick out of this card. :)

Alrighty, time for me to get ready for work.
Toodles! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- My Mind's Eye (pink)
stamp- Basic Grey (sentiment)
digi stamp- Tiddly Inks (Send Me a Sign Bugg)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Heidi Grace plastic flowers and leaves
Martha Stewart border punch
Ranger Inkssentials white gel pen
Copic SPica clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E37
dress/wings- RV000, RV00, RV02, G0000, G000, Y00, YG00
sign/grass/sky- E40, E41, 0, YG03, YG17, YG95, BG0000, BG000

27 comments:

Leanne said...

Hehe, I love it, simple Sundays. That's how Sundays should be. What a cute and fun Mother's day card. Have a great day!

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute Amy...I Love those tiddly inks Bugs...they are so CUTE!!! Have a Great Sunday!!

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous!!! How cute is that image!!! My mum would adore it
x

RiNNE said...

What a wonderful card! That image is sooo cute! Love the punched side! Great, simple card! Hope work isn't too busy!

Anonymous said...

Oh What a cutie, she's definately a sweetie, might have to visit Tiddly Inks now.

Love your card, love quick and simple cards, not that many of mine are ever very quick lol!

Have a wonderful Sunday
Suzi
xxx

Andrea C said...

wow this is so sweet and very different colours too x

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

Juls said...

too cute! Love the acetate flower! Hugs Juls

klarcher said...

Love the idea of Simple Sundays, and this card is a perfect example of the best. Love the whole concept

Lysa said...

Aww super cute- so glad you joined us at Tiddly Inks challenge!

kris said...

An adorable card this is!!! full of sweet cuteness!! =D

Kimberly S said...

Super cute little Bugg, and what a fun idea for your Sundays! :)

Maria Therese said...

so cute image! and your coloring is fab!!

1LuvnMama said...

I luv the Simple Sunday idea Amy! This Tiddly Ink image is adorable . . . and yes, Donna is quite the enabler! :) She's so bad! Have a great Sunday!

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a sweet card, amy! love the image~such a darling! thanks for sharing :)! have a wonderful Sunday! *hugs* steph :)

donna mikasa said...

So glad I enabled you to get that image....she's a cutie! Perfect to add your own sentiment. And I spy that flower border punch--great enabling on your part! Thanks for entering the challenge...

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

This is perfection all around...love the sentiment and how it looks like it was part of the sign and the flowers are so cool...nothing simple about the layout of this beauty. :)

Lissa said...

I'm loving this card... Cute & Simple!
HUGS!

Lissa said...

Oh yeah! Thanks for joining us this week for our Tiddly Inks Challenge. I hope to see you again next week!

WickedPixie said...

Too cute! :-)Traci

Stamping Cafe said...

This is way too cute, Amy! I love reading your blog, makes me happy all the time!! Love all the tiddly inks' buggs... they are super duper adorable!

Larissa said...

Such an adorable card! Love the leaf and flower you added! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly inks challenge. Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs,
Larissa

Unknown said...

Such a cute card!!
I love the colour combo you have used it works so well...

Thanks for joining in our 2nd challenge at Tiddly inks x

Tammy said...

This is just darling!!

Thank you for joining us at Tiddly Inks and hope to see you again!!!

Pam Varnell said...

So cute Amy. That is such a sweet image. Loving all the HG flowers on this card.

Alice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alice said...

lovely card!! i love the flower border and that image is soooooo adorable!! your mom will love this!