Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just because...

It's a Glee-full Tuesday once again my friends, yeah!
I wonder what awesome songs we will be treated to tonight? ;)

So I've really got a 'just because' card today... I didn't make it for any challenges and I've got no specific recipient in mind, I was purely having some fun with this one. Though I did want to experiment with a new lighter red hair color combo that I've been kicking around and I gotta say that I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. It kinda reminds me of Anne of Green Gables red, which is just what I was aiming for. So you know this one will be going in the keeper recipe list. :)

The rest of the card is just using some new BG Kioshi paper and epoxy stickers. Their soft colors seemed to suit miss Miko, from the new Roll Call set, to a "T" and I think it looks like she's walking through her own little secret garden now. Listen to me mixing up my literary references... Anne of Green Gables, The Secret Garden... I can't seem to make up my mind on which one is influencing this card more, LOL!

Well I hope you all enjoy a craft happy day today and a most excellent night to my fellow Gleeks! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper and epoxy stickers- Basic Grey (Kioshi)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (WS Miko)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
American Crafts sentiment rub-on
Martha Stewart border punch
EK Success apron lace border punch
ribbon
thread
Kaiser Craft pearl
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- YR21, YR12, E97, E99, 0
clothes- R000, R00, R20, R21, R22, E40, E41, 0, BG10, BG11, BG13

30 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is GORGEOUS Amy! Love the dp and that lattace border! Fab colouring too and I LOVE Glee, but its not on Until Thursday night for me hheheh
Kristy xx

Maria Therese said...

So cute! Love the sweet summer colors!

Kimberly S said...

She's looking so adorable in her secret garden! Love the hair color, sort of a golden red. Have a great day! :)

Kellie said...

OOOOO well Just Because = Just gorgeous! Love all the details and she looks so sweet in pink!

YAY Glee, same as Kristy we don't get it till Thursday night and then I think we are still an episode behind you over there, can NOT wait!

Hugs Kel xx

Tasha said...

Amy this is so beautiful. Love the BG papers and fab colours you have gone for. Miko looks so cute
love tasha xx

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Sooo pretty, Amy! It is the perfect lil garden for Miss Miko! Love it :)

I must get my boys to bed early, I cannot miss another Glee night ;)

Happy Tuesday!
hugs, margie

♥Rach♥ said...

I was just coloring her last night! Great minds think alike :0) She's adorable, love the colors and papers and her hair is fab, I'm totally writing that one down!

Nancy Thomas said...

I am going to have to try that hair color - it looks fabulous! Very cute card!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is so cute. You nailed the hair color for sure. She has the same color as my sister's. lol.. Looks like we are getting your rain this morning. Boy was it coming down when I took the kids to school. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your card, amy! what a little cutie and i love her little garden :)! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

donna mikasa said...

Adorable as always! Miko looks perfect paired with the Kioshi papers! It does remind me of a garden with that awesome trellis punch--a very whimsical garden! And thanks for sharing your new hair color recipe, too!

Are you ready for Neil Patrick Harris? Have a Glee-ful evening!

kris said...

She's so pretty!!! i LOVE it!! the soft spring colors are a beauty to see!! =D

ChickieChirps said...

Great card as usual, and the new red hair colour is fab! Definitely a recipe to keep!

Arabella

Shaela said...

very sweet card - you really nailed that hair color combo! :)

Danni said...

Super sweet! Love that hair color!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is so pretty, Amy! Love Miko with the Kioshi paper and her hair color!! Enjoy the Glee tonight!!:)

Tonje said...

Love the soft colours on this, and the hair colour is superb!

Claireabelle said...

Great card Amy, lovin' that hair colour
xx

Tracey Feeger said...

I love just because cards. I just love the DP you always use on your cards - so soft and girly.
mwah
Trace

Marlene said...

Beautiful card!

I hope I can watch GLEE!!! Our cable service has been pathetic at best lately - and we're just waiting to dump them!

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy! I think this card is super sweet! I love the new hair color - and darn, I don't have hardly any of those colors (only YR21!) :-)Traci

Alice said...

cute cute cute!!! love the soft colors and will have to try your red hair color combo!! =)

Alleena Burger said...

Love the new light red, and I do have most of these colours, which amazes me. Great card, love the use of the border punch for the picket fence type of look!

Joy said...

love this card! this is so cute! love the new images! can't wait till I get my images! love the DP too!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Stunning hair colour Amy. Such a cute card.

mst822 said...

Ooh, so cute! That image is adorable with her red hair! Luv the BG Kioshi paper too!
Tammy

Leanne said...

Love it! The paper is beautiful and those flowers are awesome. Lovin Miko too. Great coloring!

RiNNE said...

Beautiful hair!! Love the lattice and that Kioshi pp!! And you're making me want to read some classics!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Miko is SOOOO cute in these pretty pastels, LOVE that flower, too!

Crafty Jenn said...

Comment catch-up time! Lol!

This turned out super cute. Miko is adorable. Love the punches you used to make a "fence" look.

<3 Jenn