Friday, May 14, 2010

So glad

Hey, hey, hey... it's Friday!
Any big plans for the weekend? I've got to work tomorrow and Sunday... again... but once I get home I plan to enjoy the sunshine and warm weather that we are having here. :)

So I've got a fun announcement to share with ya today. There is a new blog starting up in a couple of weeks... Color Me Copic! It is an informational blog started by a few of us fellow Copic lovers and it’s launching on May 28th. This isn’t a challenge site and we aren’t selling anything, we’re just Copic lovers like you who wanted to put some information out there because we've been asked a lot of questions and want to share what we know. There will be photo tutorials, video tutorials and you are encouraged to ask us questions and let us know what you are interested in seeing covered. So if there is anything I've colored here that you would like to see more about how that look was achieved just drop me a line here, by email or at CMC once it is up, and I will do my best to spread the Copic love. ;)

Ok, my card today features another Roll Call cutie, this time miss Nahla reluctantly let her shy self be caught in the spotlight. Now I pulled all my colors and papers for this card from the cool pieced tree that was part of a package of paper crafting goodies that my sweet blog friend Rinne sent me. She has such a fresh, eclectic style that simply inspires me and it has been a real treat to dabble in her style a bit... thanks again Rinne! :)
Don't forget that tomorrow is the official release day for the Roll Call set over at TGF... with ten full size Wild Sprouts I highly recommend grabbing this up if you can, you won't regret it!

Alrighty, time for me to make like a banana and split... see ya!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Basic Grey (June Bug)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Nahla), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
paper pieced tree accent (from Rinne)
Sandylion dimensional bird sticker
Kaiser Craft pearls
EK Success small flower punch
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55
clothes- B66, B69, BV29, R05, R08, E07, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y19, E40, E41, 0
flower- Y15, Y17, Y35, Y38, E44, E47, E49

21 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a sweet, sweet card! I love the background and flowers you created for lil Miss Nahla! So pretty :)

Can't wait to see what the new Copic site is all about :) TFS!

Enjoy your time in between work! hugs, margie

Jodi C. said...

This card is FAB!!! Nahla looks amazing and I love your little scene!! I can't wait for Color Me Copic, I just know that it will be full of wonderful inspiration!!
{HUGZ}
Jodi

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Amy, looking forward to that new site too!
xx

Saskia said...

Lovely card!!

Saskia :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your cutie card! great sentiment :).
the new copic site sounds awesome!
thanks for sharing and have a wonderful friday!
*hugs*
steph :)

Shaela said...

so exciting! I will have to follow the blog once it's all setup :)

one thing I LOVE that you do is list all your copics for a project. For example, I can never get blonde hair to look right with the colors I have. But this card's cutie has the EXACT shades of hair I want, so now I know what copics to use! :)

ChickieChirps said...

Another neat card! I love the papers you have used and I agree with Shaela, your blonde hair colouring is great!

Looking forward to reading the tips and techniques on the new blog!

Arabella

Leanne said...

Awesome card! Love the bright colors and the mountains are sweet! Nahla looks fantastic, super cool tree too! Great card Amy! Have a fantastic Friday!!

Marley said...

My comments are getting boring but I have to say it again; Stunning card; lovely colours and the image is really sweet and perfectly colored. Love the flowers and the sweet bird!! x Marley

WickedPixie said...

I LOVE that paper pieced tree! So whimsical and fun! Nahla looks fabulous as a blonde! Totally adorable card! :-)Traci

donna mikasa said...

What a fun card.....love that tree and adorable Nahla! Looking forward to Copic heaven and the launch of the new site! So exciting! Happy weekend, even if you work....

Marlene said...

Adorable card! I, too, can hardly wait to see what the new Copic site will be all about. I love my copics!

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous as always darling. I wanted my Roll Call set to come in the mail but won't be here until next week. Boo hoo. LOL.
mwah
Trace

Stamping Cafe said...

What a fabulous fun card, Amy! Love Nahla's look and the tree! I'm looking forward to Copic heaven... so exciting! Have a beautiful weekend... hugs!!

Alice said...

too cute! too cute!!! LOVE this little cutie!! super yummy card!! can't wait for the new blog to go up!! i have so much to learn!! YAY!! =)

Kimberly S said...

She is so cute, and I'm loving the bright, cheerful colors! I'll be looking forward to the Copic info blog, sounds fabulous! :)

RiNNE said...

I'm glad you liked the goodies!! Wanted to thank you for the stamp you sent me! I should mention here that that tree was from Etsy and the seller was P.S. It's in the Details. And you've created the perfect scene with it! LOVE!!

The colors just make me smile! Am so glad about your Copic site with Traci. I'm always curious how you color hair so fabulously and how you shade textures!!

Rosa Forino said...

meravigliosa card... saluti

Mimi said...

Fantastic card! Your blog has always such an inspiration. Can't wait for your new blog! ;)

Tasha said...

This is so cute! Love the scene you have created and the gorgeous stamp you have used
love tasha xx

Crafty Jenn said...

This scene is super cool! Love the little polka-dot flowers. Cute, cute!

<3 Jenn