Monday, May 17, 2010

This is me

Hiya sweeties!

We had a crazy thunder and lightening storm blow through here yesterday evening but other than worrying about losing power I gotta say that there is something pretty cool about a heavy spring rain. Watching it bounce off the road and the clean, fresh smell of it just can't be beat. :)

I have a really fun card to share with you today and I made it for Shaela's "This is me" Monday Mania challenge over at CA & Friends. The whole point of the challenge is to create a card that describes you in one way or another so of course I had to do a bit of altering. I used Stella's head with Paul's body to create a little mini me because I wear my hair short and if I'm not at work or out and about I like nothing more than the comfort of my sweatpants to kick around at home or take Puppy Little on a walk in (I think of it as channelling my inner Sue Sylvester, LOL).
Then as I've mentioned before, orange is my favorite color so it was a must have on this card as was drawing up a little pup pup because I don't go very many places without my little guy. And finally the fun Kid Quotes sentiment pulls the whole thing together because it totally suits my sense of humor. :)
All in all I really love everything about this card which makes me think I succeeded in creating something that is totally me!

I really hope to see you all play along this week as I'm so excited to see all of your mini yous, LOL!

Toodles!
Supply list:
cardstock- Paper Trey Ink
paper- KI Memories
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Stella and WS Paul), Inkadinkado (kid quotes)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Paper Trey Ink twine
button
Heidi Grace stick pin
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E55, E57, E59, E49
clothes- YR12, YR15, YR14, YR18, E44, E47, E49, BG000, BG01, BG05, E40, E41, 0
pup pup- E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, W3, W5, E44

32 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your card! Is super cute and the images are awesome. This card is so you :) TFS. Have a great week.

Angela said...

Too cute Amy!! Love the Mini you!! And i my defense I am really starting to love the color orange!! But I'm still not for the Tennessee Vols!! I find myself wanting to use it alot here lately!! Amy I have got to get these Kids quotes stamps!! I am just LOVING them!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Shaela said...

super sweet card - I love everything about your style :)

MicheyMoo said...

How totally gorgeous are you Amy and your little "guy" is an adorable, faithful friend. I really love this idea......I think I'll try and plan some time to give it a go.....somewhere, somehow this week. Its a crazy week....some ongong birthday celebrations going on (mine), last week at work before the boss goes away (wahoo, love him and my job, but definitely desperate for some timeout), plus ongoing appointments at the hospital with my Mama. In need for some massive therapy time with my ink and my rubbah. xxx

Kimberly S said...

Oh, that is so cute Amy! Love the quote, and isn't that the truth? lol

~* steph :) *~ said...

ohmygosh amy, i heart this card!! it's so adorable. i love how you altered the image~love her :). the little doggie is so cute! i absolutely love the twine and the button/stick pin. thanks for sharing :)!! have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

HazelQ said...

Very cute card! I love that sentiment :) soo funny, made me laugh..
Hugs
Hazel

♥Rach♥ said...

So if your dog doesn't like someone that means you shouldnt like them either, does that mean if I don't like someone's dog I shouldn't like them too? lol. Ahh, the things I ponder.
This is TOO CUTE and what's funny is I was think of this exact head/body combo! Her hair is kinda like mine and I am uber casual so the outfit is perfect. Love the little dog too, super cute card Amy :0)

donna mikasa said...

I smiled when I saw this on the CA&F blog....it's so you, indeed! Right down to the little Yorkie and perfect sentiment! Love this!

Crafty Jenn said...

I love this Sue, I mean Amy! Lol! I chilling in a simular outfit right now! Love how you included your little buddy.

I'll have to play along with Shaela's challenge. Sounds fun!

<3 Jenn

Pam Varnell said...

LOVE this Amy. You look so cool in your sweats. Your coloring of your hair is just fabby. That sentiment ..... OMG that's what I tell my son all the time. When you get older and you date a girl and she doesn't like dogs then you need to find a new girlfriend. I LOVE THAT SENTIMENT. Gonna have to get it. Love your creation for the challenge today sweetie.

Maria Therese said...

wow I just loooooooooooove your detailed hair coloring!!

SemSee said...

This is so FABULOUS Amy! Your colouring is as amazing as ever! Love the cute doggy, and of course the orange (my fave colour too!). Hugs, Sem x

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... how fun and adorable this is, Amy! Everything is just so perfect together, LOVE this!!

jacque4u2c said...

I just LOVE this!!!!!!!!!

Tasha said...

So cute Amy, love her slouchy clothes, she looks relaxed! Great altering
love tasha xx

Unknown said...

Love this image, Amy! She looks so comfy! Love your card!

eva said...

this is so cute! i love the puppy and the sentiment.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is such a gorgeous card Amy! I love stella in her tracki dacks! Fabulous colouring as always too.
Kristy xx

Alice said...

so very adorable!! bet you are as cute in person!! =) love love love this "Amy" card!!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Amy!!! Did you draw that adorable dog??? You so ROCK!!! Wonderful card....

Saskia said...

Lovely card, so cute!!

Saskia :)

RiNNE said...

This is so cute, Sue!! Haha, I mean Amy!!!! I love your hair and sweatpants! And your lil doggie is so sweet! Great project!

kadie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kadie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kadie said...

Heehee, she is...you are...so adorable!! I love love love how you've constructed your mini me and mini pup! He is soooo cute with his big, fluffy head and wee little body. Too cute and creative!
MUAH

gobeagirl said...

This is adorable. I love her in the track suit...So so cute! Hugs, Lisa

Michelle said...

Love your little puppy! Would you ever do a tutorial on how you color hair... I love the way you can see the highlights and individual strands.

Marlene said...

Adorable! The sentiment is cute, too!

ChickieChirps said...

Love the orange! And such a cute little puppy! you are super talented!

Arabella

WickedPixie said...

I totally LOVE your "me" card! Stella looks fabulous in sweats, your puppy is adorable, and you know I love those kid quotes! Fab card! :-)Traci

Leanne said...

hehehe! that is a fabulous rendition! And cute pup! I'm usually in either sweats or shorts too. =) great card amy!!