Thursday, May 27, 2010

Queen for a day

Hello, hello!

I'm afraid that once again I'm going to have to post and run... so much to do, so little time. :)

My card today is for two challenges, first up is the Kraftin' Kimmie challenge to use charms. I'll be the first to admit that my little stash of charms is not one of my usual go-to embellishments so I thought this would be a fun one to do. When I started sifting through them the filigree circle first caught my eye and immediately made me think of this cute Princess Petunia stamp. Now a plan was starting to form... I pulled out the sketch for the Tickled Pink challenge this month and new right away that it would be a perfect fit for the theme of my card. Doesn't it kind of look like the 'days of yore' pennants and crests with the four square block design? Add to that the perfect brocade looking papers and I was happily transported back in time to restrictive corsets and a serious lack of indoor plumbing... wait did I say happily? LOL
I still like the card though. ;)

Ok, time for me to get ready for the day... talk to ya later!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- My Mind's Eye (So Sophie)
stamps- Kraftin' Kimmie (Princess Petunia and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft gems
Paper Trey Ink twine
old charms
Zva tiny pearl
Copic Spica gold glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
clothes- YG95, YG97, YG99, BG10, BG11, BG13, 0, E40, E41, R14, R17, E08


29 comments:

Angela said...

Amy, this is so pretty!! Love the pendant charms!! I need this stamp, she is so adorable!!
Hope you have a great long weekend!!
Hugs:)
Angela

♥Rach♥ said...

This is just sooo pretty! I love the colors (that green paper is beauuuutiful!) and all the embellishments and gems. Very pretty!

Kelly Booth said...

So cute and Fun Amy...Love this Kimmie stamp...need to get some!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

cute card, amy! love those charms and flowers! great color combo and mix of DPs! thanks for sharing :)! have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Shaela said...

this is so pretty!! Can't wait to get my hands on some of those KK stamps. I'm afraid to buy any, because I'm sure once I start I will get hooked, lol!

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful card, love the colors and the DP. Wow, those charms are a gorgeous touch! :)

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH you've done a fabulous job with Princess Petunia! The charms are fabulous and so is your colouring! Thanks for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!

Leanne said...

how fun!!!

kris said...

Lovely! the shade of green really sets me back into time... the embellies are wonderful too! i love this!! =D Hugs!

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card Amy and wonderful coloring!!

RiNNE said...

Gorgeous! I love the pendants and charms -- they're perfect for this Queen stamp! And those colors and PP are so pretty! Hope today isn't too busy for ya!

Unknown said...

So pretty! TFS :)

BJ said...

Beautifully Done Amy!!!! Such bright colors. And your coloring is awesome.

Joy said...

cute card...wish I was queen...lol! love the greens you used and the flowers are so pretty. have a good day!

Kim Dellow said...

So gorgeous Amy! Love those flowers, they look so real! Kim

Julie said...

Oh beautiful card!! Great layout and fabulous colouring!! Juliexx

Andrea C said...

ooo this is fab x

Rachel Hope said...

This is so rich and gorgeous! Love the colors!!!

1LuvnMama said...

Who's the queen? YOU ARE! :) Luv the greens in your card with the charm embellies! Still your style though with the flowers and bling/pearls! :) Hope your having a good one Amy!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous card, especially with those charming charms! They add a touch of "baroque-ness" to your card. And that divine shade of green....love it!!

Stamping Cafe said...

What a gorgeous card with those beautiful charms, Amy!! Your coloring just ROCK, love it!!

fairie said...

Wonderful card. I love how you incorporated the charms into the card.

Unknown said...

Wow, Amy! This is a fantastic card! I love this green! Totally gorgeous!

Kellie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous as always you just blow me away and I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tickled Pink Stamps
Hugs Kel x

WickedPixie said...

Heehee! My mind is totally in "restrictive corset mode" right now! Your card is beautiful! :-)Traci

Kylie said...

I just love greens so of course I fell in love with this gorgeous creation instantly!! Your shading is beautiful and I love the charms! Thanks for playing with the Pink Ladies at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge.

Kylie xo

Alice said...

wow! so pretty! love how you used the charms!! gorgeous card!

Tasha said...

Wow this is beautiful, the colours looks fantastic together and i love the cute details
love tasha xx

Jodie from Oz said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! The colours are gorgeous and your colouring is amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Tickled Pink Stamps. Hugs Jodie from Oz