Friday, May 21, 2010

Sparkle goes to the dark side

Hey there!
Who all is really glad to see Friday finally roll around again? I am ! I am!

I've got a lot planned for my day off but nothing that I'm dreading so it should be a good day. :)

So I was having fun with the Burtonesque challenge once again and this week we are to use black flowers and skulls somewhere in our card design. As it turned out I ended up only using a single large flower and a single skully brad but I think it works within the parameters. ;)
I thought it would be cool to color miss Sparkle Thistleweed in a bit more dark and twisty kind of way than I have in the past, just to see if she could pull off a look appropriate for the challenge. And I gotta say I think she looks both edgy and cute like this.

Alrighty, I'm outta here... have a lovely day my friends!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Basic Grey (purple)
stamps- Sweet November (Sparkle Thistleweed), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
Heidi Swapp velvet flower
Prima leaves
Karen Foster skull brad and jewel brads
embroidery floss
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E70, R11, BV23, BV25, BV29
eyes- BV02, BV04, BV08
hair- V05, V06, V09
clothes- C00, C01, C3, C5, C7, C9
wings- T0, T1, T3, V000, V01


30 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oooh She looks fabulous on the dark side!! Love this card so much.
Kristy xx

Angela said...

She looks great!! Love this card with the big black flower and that skull brad in her hair!
Hugs:)
Angela

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I think she looks fab! Love the one flower! Very cool :)

TGIF! hugs, margie

♥Rach♥ said...

Cute card layout, the HUGE flower is a brilliant touch!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. She is wonderful in her gothic look. I love the one flower idea. WOW, so simple but who would of thunk it..lol...You are just so talented. I have to tell you that your blog is the first on my list every morning. I may not always have time to leave a comment in the am, but I always check out your wonderfulness first thing. heehee. Anyway, she looks wonderful! Great card as always. Have a wonderful day off. Hopefully it will be sunny. :0) Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Absolutely fabulous! So cool card! TFS Enjoy your day off :)

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Oh so creepy in a very stylish way. LOVE the huge flower too!

Lysa said...

She looks absolutely FAB in the dark rich colors- Love it! You ROCK Amy!

Anonymous said...

You've done it again Amy, created another gorgeous creation. Sparkle Thistleweed looks very at home in her goth colours, definately a Burtonesque doll:)

Thanks for playing along with us again this week
Suzi
xxx

donna mikasa said...

Awesome and very Burtonesque! Love that giant black flower and Sparkle indeed looks edgy+cute at the same time! Enjoy your day off, and have a great weekend!

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a cute card! i love the colors and the HUGE flower :)! thanks so much for sharing, amy! have a wonderful day off and weekend! i'm am totally happy today is friday :)! *hugs* steph :)

Shirley N said...

Wowzers Amy, Sparkle is just stunning--what a gorgeous layout!!! Have a super weekend Amy!

Shaela said...

very cute!

Kimberly S said...

Super cute, love your coloring on her hair, and that skull brad you've added! :)

Tonje said...

I think the dark colours suit her... she looks fab!

Allison said...

Who would have thought miss sparkle could have pulled off this look!?! Nice job on creating her dark side.

Jodi said...

She looks great on the dark side!! I love the cute little skull you added in her hair! CUTE!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW... isn't she just fabulous, Amy!! Love that giant black flower, so cool!!

Have a beautiful weekend!

Loz said...

Cute Amy! That flower is HUGE!! gorgeous colours ♥

Joy said...

love what you did with sparkle thistleweed! she's too cute! have a good weekend!

1LuvnMama said...

Luv the violet hair! Boy Sparkle is definitely edgy and ready to rock it hard! :) Have a great weekend Amy!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this is absolutely amazing! Wow! Beth

mst822 said...

What a great card! Luv what you did with Sparkle! I like her dark side!
Tammy

WickedPixie said...

Yep, I think she definitely pulls it off! I love Sparkle all Gothy! :-)Traci

RiNNE said...

i think Sparkle looks foxy with that dark side! awesome flower and that skull is too cute!

Alice said...

wow! so pretty! LOVE how you colored her hair! love it!

Leanne said...

she looks fantastic! love the flower touch and the skull brad is perfect for her outfit. Great card!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that big black flower!!! That image is adorable. Haven't seen her before. Cute skully hair clip!

Tasha said...

Wow this is stunning Amy, such great colours and i love the skull in her hair.
love tasha xx

Crafty Jenn said...

Great way to use those big flowers. This turned out really great! Sparkle looks very at home being a little twisted. Lol!

<3 Jenn