Monday, May 10, 2010

Winner, winner chicken dinner

Hidey ho!

So I bet you all want to know who the winner of the Darby & Penelope candy is, huh? ;)
Ok, ok... without further ado, the lucky lady selected by Random Generator is......

#43 Kimberly S

Congratulations Kimberly! Please email me at pete_danger@hotmail.com with your mailing addy and I will get your candy right off to you. :)

Thanks so much to everyone who played along and you just know there will be more chances to win next month so be sure to check back then!

Now, onto today's card... I've got one for this week's Monday Mania challenge that is being hosted by my bloggin' buddy Jenn! Jenn came up with a recipe challenge to pierce it, punch it & piece it. Now punches for me... no problem, I use those quite a bit. But the piecing and the piercing? Neither one are a regular go-to in my card making repertoire so this is where things got a bit tricky. I sat and thought about the piercing for a bit and when I came across Cheeky Shooter I had a light bulb moment! Not only did the regular piercing remind me of tooled leather but I thought it could look cool to take a larger embossing stylus and pierce it through the paper in a couple of spots creating the look of bullet holes. Then I just pieced Shooter's hat, top and skirt and it was challenge met and I gotta say I love how this card turned out! :)

Thanks for stopping by... I hope you enjoy your Monday as much as I plan to!
Toodles! Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft, Bazzill and PTI
paper- My Mind's Eye (red paisley and yellow), Basic Grey (brown)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Shooter)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Heidi Swapp alpha rub-ons
Making Memories brads
Martha Stewart flower punch
Paper Trey Ink twine
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E21, E13, R20, W3
hair- N3, N5, N7, N9
everything else- Y21, Y35, Y26, E44, E47, E49, E40, E41, 0, T5, T7, T9, C1, C3, C5

24 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Amy I absolutly LOVE your MM card!! Coloured so beautifully! Everything about it is perfect!
Kristy xx

Naoual said...

Stunning card Amy!! LOVE the bullet holes, so clever!

Congrats to Kimberly!!

Hugs, Naoual xx

Maria Therese said...

Coolcard! Love your coloring of her hair!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Love the colors on this, it's a very different style for you but it came out GREAT! Love the little "bullet" holes, lol :0)

Mette said...

Dear Amy

As always your cards are so inspirational and full of colour - i love them.
May I just say I love your drawing Oleander and hope you'll make her into a digi/stamp as I love stamps a little different.

Hugs, Mette

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! What a fab & fun card! The bullet holes are just perfect.

Rosa Forino said...

congratulazioni alla vincitrice
beautiful card ;-)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is just adorable. She looks so sweet surrounded by those bullet holes. Coloring is as always just perfect. Have a great Monday. Lisa

Juls said...

just fabulous! Love her paper pieced top! Hugs Juls

Shaela said...

this is fabulous - LOVE the bullet hole look!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Congrats Kimberly

Kimberly S said...

Whow...what a wonderful surprise, thank you so much Amy!!!! :)

Adorable new Cheeky Shooter card...love those creative bullet holes!! lol

Unknown said...

So cute card! TFS Have a great week :)

donna mikasa said...

LOVE how this turned out, too! Those bullet holes...GENIUS! Great paper piecing, too! Hope it'll be a feature on more Amy cards!

WickedPixie said...

How cute! I love the bullet holes (brilliant!) and her pieced top! It looks exactly like that bandana fabric - perfect for a cowgirls top! :-)Traci

Crafty Jenn said...

Creativity abounds when you have to think outside the box huh?! Such an awesome job of using all 3 elements of my challenge.

Those punched flowers with the metal brads are great! And your piecing is terrific! Love the bullet holes. Genius!

<3 Jenn

fairie said...

Oh Amy, loved the bullet holes. Teheheheh...

Leanne said...

cool card! love the bullet holes. your flowers are amazing too. fun card!

Tonje said...

Love the bullet holes... what a great idea!

Stamping Cafe said...

You are so clever, Amy! Love those bullet holes and how you colored her hair!! WOW!!

Alice said...

wow! gorgeous! those bullet holes are too fun! love the pop of yellow of the flowers, too! super card!!

1LuvnMama said...

Awww, no chicken dinner for me? Shucks but congrats Kimberly S.! :) Luv what you did with Shooter and to create those bullet holes . . . clever! :)

RiNNE said...

Lovely, Amy! And you are really so creative...the bullet holes on the PP are amazing and smart! Love the paper piercings!

Tasha said...

I love this Sassy number! What a super cute card, great colours and fabulous colour work
love tasha xx