Sunday, May 23, 2010

Simple Sunday

Well, well, well... here we are at another simple Sunday and considering my work schedule I couldn't have made much else, LOL!
So usually I wouldn't think I could pull off a card in under 20 minutes when I had a Sprout to color and cut out but considering that the whole rest of the card consists only of a pre-cut and folded card base, a sheet of rub-ons and a single brad... well, let's just say that left me about 15 minutes for my main image. :)
I used Jeremy from the Roll Call set (love it) because I thought he looked the part for the sentiments I was using... isn't he just the coolest little tough guy? I pulled all my Copic colors from the rub-ons and then it was wham-bam done! Have I mentioned that guy cards seem to work great for quick and easy? ;)

Anywho... thanks for dropping by, I'll see you in 24!
Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft and PTI
stamp- The Greeting Farm (WS Jeremy)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Making Memories rub-ons
Little Yellow Bicycle brad
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E30, E31, E55, E35
clothes- W3, W5, W7, BG10, BG11, BG72, B41, T5, T7, T9

20 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Ooo, Jeremy is such a toughie ;) lol! He reminds me of my lil guy, such a cute face! Love the simplicity of the card!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)
hugs, margie

Kimberly S said...

Adorable boy card, just love it Amy! Simple Sunday is a great theme too. :)

Maria Therese said...

Your hair coloring is just amazing!

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your card, amy! it's such an awesome guy card. i need to practice on making those. everything is just perfect ~ the sentiments, colors, the brad, the image :). thank you so much for sharing and hope you have a wonderful sunday! *hugs* steph :)

♥Rach♥ said...

Super cool boy card, he looks like one tough cookie :0)

Unknown said...

So cool! Love the image :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I love this card. You could not have gotten your colors any better. It is just awesome. I need to make a few more guy cards! Hope you are having a great day. Hugs, Lisa

RiNNE said...

It's all in the details, Amy! Awesome use of that metal brad & I love how half of it matches the coordinating background! Great coloring and use of rub-ons!

donna mikasa said...

Love this card! Great colors that you pulled from the rub-ons, and I love how you colored his hair! Simple, but awesome! Happy Sunday!

Cassie_lu said...

great use of rub-ons and love the colors

Tonje said...

Great use of rub-ons! Jeremy's hair looks awesome! Great colouring in!

WickedPixie said...

Amy, you are just brilliant! To make such a simple card that looks anything but....I am always in awe of your work! :-)Traci

Kellie said...

Hey Amy, I agree with Traci, you make simple look so amazing and anything but simple, I have tried and they just never look as amazing as yours and I am loving this tough boy card and your colouring is amazing!
Hugs Kel xx

Desirée said...

Great job! I can't believe you pulled this off in such a short amount of time! The hair looks fantastic and I love your choice of colours ^_^

Stamping Cafe said...

How awesome is this, Amy! Love the rub-ons!! I also love the way you colored his hair... very cool!

Crafty Jenn said...

I don't know how you do it. It takes me at least 20 minutes to color! Lol! Jeremy turned out very handsome. Nice card.

<3 Jenn

Leanne said...

Cool card Amy! Jeremy looks like a bad boy, and I love his hair! Great boy card.. I agree boy cards are so easy to make. Hugs!

Alice said...

wow! love how you colored his hair!! gotta try those colors!! really cool card!! Jeremy is so handsome with your coloring! he is one of my favorite boys! =)

Tasha said...

This is awesome, love all the rub ons and the fab Kraft and colour.
He looks so cool
love tasha xx