Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Strut your stuff

Happy Glee day friends! :)

Have you ever bought some pattern paper that is totally outside your normal style but something about it just speaks to you? Not necessarily in a way that tells you how the heck you will ever use it, it simply whispers, "I'm pretty, so very pretty... take me home with you."
Well, that has been the case with these papers. I bought them a couple years ago without any idea of what kind of project they would ever work for, so they have sat and waited patiently until I came across this week's Cupcake Challenge. As soon as I saw the bright colors and paisley/floral decorations on those cupcakes I was finally inspired to cut into this crazy/cool paper.
Now the task was to find a stamp that could hold it's own amidst that busy pattern... hmmmmm... ahhhh, I had just the gal and she hadn't even been inked up yet so it was a win/win! ;)
I loves me some Moulin Rouge! so when Kraftin Kimmie released the Moonlight Whispers dancing girls range I had to make them mine and miss Babette, with her fabulous flouncy bustle had just the right attitude for that paper. I didn't add too much else to the card because I didn't want to compete with everything that was already going on and I think it works!

Alrighty, time for me to go get ready for work. See ya tomorrow when we'll start previewing the new Roll Call Sprout set at CA&Friends! Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and PTI
paper/decorative chipboard- Autumn Leaves (Heather Bailey)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (MW Babette and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Staz On black, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
ribbon
brad
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, W3, W5, R25, R29
hair- Y21, Y23, YR21, YR24, 0
clothes- W1, W3, W5, YG21, YG23, YG03, RV23, RV25, RV29, 0, Y11, Y13, Y15

34 comments:

Leanne said...

Love the layout and that fun and funky dp! Miss Babette is looking ready for anything! Love the colors and the chipboard. Fun card Amy! Have a great day! ;)

Melissa S said...

Love it!! Great colors!

Marley said...

Beautiful card! love the colours and DP.. the image is awesome! xMarley

Unknown said...

Oh I know you mean, Amy. I have a couple of those stacks for a long while now and still haven't touched them yet!

Your card is gorgeous! Very fun, bright colors! Love it!

Claireabelle said...

Stunning card!! How fab is that image! She suits that paper perfectly!
x

♥Rach♥ said...

She's so great Amy! The colors are wonderful and you are totally right, she works great with them :0) Fun, fun, fun!

Jamie N. said...

Oh I'm very familiar w/ that feeling. Stuff talks to me like that *all* the time, stamps, paper, clothes, bags....

Great card! Its so fun and cheery.

Kerry said...

Totally... love colorful dp!!! Too cute, totally fabulous Amy!

Lorraine said...

i love it great papers i really love them and the image is awesome too together they are perfect xx

Anna said...

Fun card! Love the bright colors, and that image is too cute.

Kelly Booth said...

OH!!! Love her Amy So FUN!!!

Rachel Hope said...

WOW! It really is The Perfect paper for these cupcakes!!!! Love it!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Kimberly S said...

Fabulous colors,and I have lots of 'that' kind of paper myself. lol Gorgeous Card Amy, your coloring is as beautiful as ever!! :)

Shaela said...

oolala!! so fun!! (I know exactly what you mean about the paper... I have stacks and STACKS of that stuff, lol!!)

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your card, amy! pretty colors, sassy little image and sentiment :). thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Marlene said...

Love your funky fun card!

Maria Therese said...

Ooo I love the fresh collors on your card!

Danni said...

Lovin this card!! so fun!

WickedPixie said...

Amy, what a fun fabulous card! I love those bright colors and they are perfect with Babette! :-)Traci

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh love it. So bright and gorgeous. Wonderful colouring.
mwah
Trace

Kellie said...

OH Amy this is absolutely STUNNING! Your colouring is amazing and those paper oh lala! I so know what you mean I have like a whole section of take me home I'm sooooo pretty and you know you want me papers hehe! Might have to crack it open and challenge myself to use them!

Big hugs xx

Mel said...

I have that very same paper from K & C and yes have used just a little bit of it, yes it definately grabbed me with its striking colours but sits all by its lonesome now, just love the card you made with it, great idea for cards????thanks.

Joy said...

well...you did a wonderful job incorporating that DP with your image. it came so perfect! great card! hope you have a great Tuesday!

1LuvnMama said...

It's Glee day! Oh man, I have to record it, won't be home tonight! :) Luv what you did with this . . . even if this DP is outside of your "box", you surely do wonders and have that magic touch with whatever you touch! AMAZING Amy!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, got your Glee on? heehee she is too cute. I so want to start buying these gals. I think that they are just adorable! I also love, love this card. The paper and her personality go together so perfect! hugs,Lisa

Jodi said...

GORGEOUS Amy!! Love the coloring and colors you used on the image!! I love these stamps too!!
Glee night, YAY!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

donna mikasa said...

GLEE-ful card, with GLEE-ful colors! Hope you had a GLEE-ful evening!

AMIT said...

Its just wonderful.

Web hosting india

Andrea C said...

this is so gorgeous so many colours but still gorgeous x

Tasha said...

Wow this really is a wow factor card. loving the colours and the image so sassy. Awesome design Amy
love tasha xx

Alice said...

you used those pretty pps beautifully, girl! beautiful card!

Mary Giles said...

Been there done that more times than I care to admit. Hehehe. This is just gorgeous and yes Babette holds her own on those lovely papers. Just gorgeous.

Piali said...

Fab!! love the KK image...just perfect with lovely DP.Thanks for joining Cupcake Inspiration Challenge.

donna mikasa said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on making Cupcake's Top 5! Way to goooo!