Monday, May 24, 2010

A happy hello

Hey gals! I hope your day is off to a lovely start. :)



There are so many cool things I'm working on right now but I have to be patient and wait a couple weeks before I can start sharing them with you all and it's killin' me! I promise though that the wait will be worth it... just you wait and see. This little ol' blog of mine will be hopping like it's never hopped before! ;)



Getting back to the present, I have a card that I made for today's Monday Mania at CA & Friends. The fabulous Leanne is hosting a cool color challenge to use orange, pink and blue and she also has the restriction of using no pattern paper! Oooh these challenges lately just seem to love keeping me from my pretty papers, LOL!
These colors reminded me of an early summer day so I decided to do a bit of altering to dress miss Gigi in a more seasonally appropriate wardrobe (thanks to WS Summer) and placed her in a field of flowers with the stamped blue sky behind her. I think she's having a really good time, don't you?
We would love to see you play along in the fun this week if you can. :)

Okey dokey, time for me to get busy, busy... toodles!



Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Gigi and WS Summer), Hero Arts (cloud background and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink, Doodlebug swimming pool blue
Prima flowers
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Kaiser Craft gems
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E21, E13, R20
hair- E25, E27, E29, E59, E49
clothes- B00, B12, B14, YR20, YR31, YR21, E40, E41, 0, E44, E47, RV10, RV11, RV34


26 comments:

Brocéliane said...

I am in love^^

Rosa Forino said...

adorable... come tutto quello che fai

RiNNE said...

Now you got me so curious as to what you have in store!!! Beautiful creation! Love the way you colored her hair (is it May 28th yet? :)). Awesome card elements!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is so cute. I love her summer outfit and how happy she looks. Very cute card and coloring. I can not wait to see all that you are playing with... :o) I just know I need to save money now. heehee Hugs, Lisa

fairie said...

Amy she is so cute. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

♥Rach♥ said...

Great combo of characters, they go so well together! You did awesome with this challenge :0)

Kimberly S said...

There you go...teasing us again! lol

Adorable results on your image! Your coloring is beautiful, and the field of flowers is so pretty! Have a happy Monday!

~* steph :) *~ said...

amy, your card is the cutest little thing! i love it! awesomely colored image, as always, and i love all the flower embellies! love the little butterflies as well! thanks for sharing :)! have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Leanne said...

Amy, this is so fresh and fantastic! Thanks for playing along and being such a sport! =) You've created a wonderful scene with the stamped clouds and the flowers and of course I love your alteration.
Can't wait to see what you have in store, I agree with Lisa, have to start saving up!
Hugs!! =)

Jen Shults said...

Oh this is really cute and springy! I love the embossing with the flower strip as a divider... love this!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card! And your coloring.....WOW!!!..+ the hair..simply amazing!

Claireabelle said...

Great card Amy
x

kris said...

This is CUTE!!! love the alteration, she's just so cute and giggly!! =D

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is so pretty, Amy!! I wish I can alter just like you... amazing! I adore your work!!

Jodi said...

I just love this image and the pretty colors you used!! So cute!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Tracey Feeger said...

sorry I haven't been commenting on your fabulous creations lately. Have been busy busy. Hope you are well. Wonderful cards you have made recently and this fabulousness is no exception. Gorgeous.
mwah
Tracey

Shaela said...

this is SO adorable!! love how you colored her hair... someday I want to be as good as you, *sigh* :)

1LuvnMama said...

Oh, can't wait to hear all about it Amy! :) You always kill me with the waiting and suspense! I'm luvn your new technique on coloring hair . . . the feather look. I've been noticing and I've tried. Not so good, just need to practice more.

BTW, as for the paper house . . . I'll definitely have to put that off for now. Maybe I should consider at Miniture Doll House or a Fire Station. We'll see! :)

Joy said...

what a cute card! love the color challenge. love that you altered those images. it came out so sweet. love the flowers too! can't wait to see more! have a great week!

Alice said...

too cute! super sweet card!

WickedPixie said...

Oh, Amy, it is so adorable! You did a great job with a hard challenge! :-)Traci

Kellie said...

Naaaaw she is just adorable and cute to boot but your colouring just brings her to life! LOVE it!
Hugs Kel x

Anonymous said...

awesome hair, awesome coloring, awesome design...just an awesome card Amy!
Pam Going Postal

Tasha said...

This is so beautiful Amy, the sft colours look so cute and i LOVE your alteration! Super work
love tasha xx

Crafty Jenn said...

Look at you! You embossed again! Nothing like a no-patterned-paper challenge to get you working outside your crafty zone! Cute!

<3 Jenn

Pam Varnell said...

This is so cute Amy. Love it in the soft colors. And the way you colored her hair, OMG girl. Amazing.