Tuesday, May 4, 2010

You're my cup of tea

Happy Glee day my friends! :)

I was surprised by a package in the mail the other day and imagine my delight when I opened it up and found Mama's AMAZING desk drawer set and shaker card (plus some delish Hawaiian cookies that didn't last long enough to make it into the picture) that she made for her Monday Mania challenge. I've gotta say that as impressive as her work was in photos it is even cooler in person and I feel honored to have it gracing my desk. So much so that I actually spent some time cleaning away the clutter to make space for it... now I have a clean and pretty space to work in so I just had to share. Thanks Mama! :)
There is actually so much there that makes me smile... like the desk calendar from Shirley and the orange pen holder from Lisa, not to mention all the great cards I've received that hang on one of the walls. Ya know, when I started blogging about a year ago I never anticipated the friendships that would blossom and and the connections I would make with gals all over the world and I really do treasure each and every one of you that I've gotten to know!
As for my card today, I finally broke out this fun Moonlight Whispers stamp that I got from Kraftin' Kimmie's a while back and she was so happy to see some ink. The papers all came from my desk top when I cleaned it off so it's not exactly matchy-matchy but I think it works for the homespun vibe miss Gabrielle seemed to be rockin'. ;)
Well, that's about it for me today but be sure to stop back tomorrow when I will have my one and only Sweet November sneak peek candy for May! Yep, there is only one stamp this month but I think you will really like it! :)
See ya then! Supply list:
cardstock- Paper Trey Ink
paper- My Mind's Eye (polka dot and yellow), Scenic Route (red), Sassafras Lass (decorative border)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie's (MW Gabrielle and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft gems
buttons
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E15, E17, E18, E19
everything else- Y21, Y35, Y26, R24, R29, R59, B0000, B91, 0, T5, T7, T9, BG0000, BG000, C3, C5, E40

33 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW Amy she is gorgeous, the colours are amazing and as always your colours are amazing! LOVE everything about it and she's one of my FAVS!
Hugs Kel xx

Unknown said...

So nice gift from Mama! Your card is so nice. Love the sentiment TFS :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, how sweet of Mama! It looks wonderful on your desk, enjoy :)
Your card is so pretty! I love how you piece everything together! Always inspiring to me!

Happy Tuesday!
Oh! and I hope you received my email last night {crossing fingers} :)
hugs, margie

♥Rach♥ said...

WOW, it looks wonderful on your desk what a sweet gift!!! You are easy to be friends with, that's why you have so many :0)

LOVE the card, the sentiment is wondeful and I love the whimsical layout, it's beauuuutiful!

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous card!!! She looks great and anything that involves a cup of tea has my vote!
x

Shaela said...

love your card! I really need to get some KK stamps, they are just darling!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, This is just adorable! I think that the colors on this card are just perfect. When I get more money I want to get some of the Kraftin Kimmies....lol Have a great day, Lisa

Marley said...

Beautiful card! love the colours and the image is so nice! Awesome colouring AGAIN! hihi xxMarley

Kimberly S said...

Wow, what an amazing (and gorgeous) gift! Your card is beautifully colored, and I love those images too. :)

RiNNE said...

Wonderful creation, Amy! Love the mixture of papers! (remember, you called me queen of that so you gotta believe me! :)). That stamp is adorable!

My post is similar to yours in that I'm also glad to have met such amazing blogging friends! Your desk and gifts look lovely by the way! And thank you for mine!! ;) XO

~* steph :) *~ said...

what special gifts from your friends!
love your card! cute sentiment. love the colors and the flower embellies! thanks for sharing :)! *hugs* steph :)

kris said...

ok, i wish my desk could look that clean!!! i try, but it's never been longer than a day to mess it up again! hehe! Love the card!! full of sunshine and beauty!!! TFS your sweetness!

Leanne said...

That was so sweet of Mama. It's looks like it's "at home" on your workspace. Gorgeous box. =)
I love that image. I think because I love her poofy hair. haha.. Love the layout and you can always make paper work together no matter how mistmatched it is. I agree with everyone that the sentiment is perfect. ;)

donna mikasa said...

What priceless friendships you've made! The desk caddy from Mama is awesome! Love your card, too--everything fits perfectly, right down to the sentiment!

Have a Glee-ful evening!

Maria Therese said...

Oh I'd really like to get my hands on those markers up there on the picture, you got quite a collection! And your card is gorgeous!

Shirley N said...

Love your card Amy, another great design. Love that sentiment too! Mama's desk caddy looks so beautiful on your workplace and you sooo deserve it! I'm so happy to have met you through blogland, Amy! Have a great day sweet friend!

Rosa Forino said...

adorabile... come tutte le cose che realizzi

Juls said...

gorgeous to see your little storage unit..and a little bit of your crafty space! Love you card!! That Kimmie image is just fab!!! and I love the sentiment! Hugs Juls

Stamping Cafe said...

Lucky you to have such priceless friendship!! The caddy is awesome!! I love your card, beautiful design, colors, and the sentiment is just perfect!!

Julie said...

What a lovely surprise! And your card is fabulous - great colour choice, especially. Juliex

Danni said...

Such a fab card!! Awesome!

1LuvnMama said...

Amy~
Thank you for giving of your self and your talent to us all! I'm inspired daily by your creations and I look forward to many more peeks into your SNS line! :) So much goodness, so much fun! Have a great day . . . wish my work space looked that neat and tidy! ;)

Alice said...

wow! LUCKY YOU!!!! i am lucky enough to get a amazing 4 drawer easel from MAMA, too and it is AMAZING!! thanks for sharing! it's interesting to see how you store your Copics. =) funny that I posted a Kraftin' Kimmie card, too!! LOL! but i have yet to color this one.... LOVE your card and colors!! so inspiring!

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy! What a nice, neat, organized stamping area you have! It looks beautiful with "Mama's" drawers there!
Your card is too cute! I love how she is standing on the sentiment panel! I wish I could figure out how to put the little jewel embellishments (or pearls) in the perfectly placed "random" pattern that you do! :-)Traci

Kelly Booth said...

WOW So Kewl to get that in the mail!! Your card is just adorable...I always LOVE your cards so FUN!

Joy said...

love your RAKS from all those sweet ladies! Mama's set rocks! love your card for the day too. she's too cute! have a good night!

Tasha said...

Fabulous card Amy, lovely design, i love the beautiful colours and cute image
love tasha xx

Marlene said...

Adorable card! Love the image, and you colored it perfectly. (Psst...those cookies wouldn't have lasted long at my place, either.)

Tonje said...

You lucky girl! That desk of yours looks great with all those beautiful things on. There sure are a lot of generous people here in bloglandia.

Angela said...

Amy, your desk looks great, so clean!! And the new drawers look great on it!!
What a cute and sweet card!! I jsut love seeing your creations.
Hugs:)
Angela

Jodi said...

That's so very sweet of Mama to give you the organizer, I think it looks perfect on your desk!! If I could keep it that neat everyday, that would be a miracle!! LOL!! I love your card!! These images are so adorable!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tammi said...

Beautiful creations by friends and your card is wonderful, cute image and love the design!

Crafty Jenn said...

Looks pretty darn great for using all the random scraps on your desk! You really pulled it all together with your coloring.

Isn't blogland fun?! I love all the cool and creative people I've met since starting my blog. ...and yes, that means YOU too! Lol!

<3 Jenn