Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Button, button...

...who's got the button?

That's the question we're asking over at the ATS challenge blog this week, LOL! But we don't want to see you use just any buttons, nope, we're gonna push your creativity a bit because we want you to create your own paper buttons! There are a couple different ways of going about this, if you've got button dies its super quick and easy... if not then check out this great tutorial on how to make some cute buttons by hand.

I decided to go the quick and easy route on my card because it gave me the perfect excuse to finally use the button quartet dies by My Favorite Things that I got a while ago. So I started putting my card together thinking that I would be pulling out one of the Fairwees for it. But as I was flipping through my Sweet November folder I came across Coriander Fairy and she was looking like she wanted to get inked up this time. It has been a while since I've shown her or her sister, Ginger, any inky love and I really had fun coloring her up once again. It also got me to thinking that I just may have to give them a new spice fairy sister sometime soon... ;)
Because I had started this card with a smaller stamp in mind, once I had Coriander settled in on her nice leafy branch it didn't leave me much room for a sentiment. So this is one of the very few cards that I've made where I decided not to add one. To be honest, I kinda feel naked without one, LOL!

Ok
, so I know you want to play along right? Of course you do, because every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win just be sure that your project includes a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Toodles!


Supply list:
cardstock- Jillibean Soup kraft and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories (floral), misc. pinks
stamps- Sweet November (Coriander Fairy), Inkadinkado (Beauty Stems From Here)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Prima flower and leaves

brad
My Favorite Things button dies
Basic Grey flourish rub on
Kaiser Craft pearls
Divine Twine
Clearsnap Smooch Illuminate
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R00, R20
hair- V05, V06, RV69
eyes- E25
clothes/wings- RV00, RV10, RV11, G0000, 0


29 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Goooooooooooooooooooooooorgeous!!

Heidi said...

I love this card, hugs heidi x

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW this card is Beautiful!!!I love all the Pink u used on it!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

♥Rach♥ said...

You know I love her and Ginger, it's so nice to see you use her again and man do I LOVE that fabulous pink/purple hair! Beautiful card, the colors, papers and flowers are just lovely :0)

Zarah said...

So so SO lovely! :D

Lau W said...

Aw so pink, love that ! Your card is wonderful !
xxx

grace said...

I love the card! It's so beautiful!!

Unknown said...

OMG this is so beauitful Amy, love that pink hair, your colouring is always so fantastic, I love it xxx

maya =^o^= said...

woooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tasha said...

Oh ths is so pretty - i love the gorgeous design and colours. Thse buttons are super - look so cute with the flower
love tasha xx

Nancy Thomas said...

Funny, I pulled Coriander out just the other day thinking that I needed to use her. Her hair is absolutely gorgeous - the card just so pretty with the smattering of flowers and jewels.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card! I think it looks great without a sentiment! One of those "just a note" cards!! :)

RiNNE said...

Gorgeous colors! And those buttons are so very cute!! I also love those Prima leaves :). Great creation!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so pretty! I love the colors you have used and now I wish I had that button die. I checked out the tutorial and I thank you. It truly made it look so simple. Would you believe I have only have two very very small circle punches. lol... I think the die-namics would be cheaper and easier. Oh well maybe next month. lol.. A girl can dream right? Hope you have a great day. I am finally feeling myself again. Yay! hugs, Lisa

Sudha said...

This is so cool. Love the pink.

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow wee Amy this Coriander Fairy is so very pretty... Luv how you colored her purpleish hair and those button are awesome.. TFS on the tutorial... Luv all those pinks on your card too..
Hugs my friend!

chrilvian said...

hellooo
i m back from my vacation
ooo i missed so much
she is so pretty

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is so pretty.

Laetitia said...

Stunning!!! I love the colours, and all the different embellishments. The colour of the hair is just gorgeous, and I never thought of using fushia pink, but I LOVE it.
thank you for the inspiration,
Laetitia xx

Danni said...

Ohhh I love her hair!! Gorgeous card but that hair...wow!!! Love this!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

She's beautiful! and I just looove how you did her hair! These colors are gorgeous! Beautiful card, Amy :)
I used my first Fairwee today!!! I adore her so much :)
hugs to you!
margie

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
Gorgeous card! I am so loving her hair!!! It's gorgeous, I will have to try it! Love the buttons!! I am really inspired. Thanks for sharing and I think giving her a spice sister would be terrific. hehe

Christine said...

This is so gorgeous, Amy! I love her beautiful hair!

I have that same die and haven't used it yet, this is just the challenge I need! :)

Allison said...

Beautiful card... Love the colours, the image and colouring, but especially the Amy flair of sprinkled magic!

Dangina Martinez said...

Awesome!

love that image and your coloring!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Oh Amy this is so stunning. Never dared to use such a haircolor! I love your card... it's so delicate and beautiful again!
Hugs
Marion

donna mikasa said...

Love Coriander's hair color and all that buttony goodness! Supwe cute card!

Francy said...

Wow!!!!!This card is so so so wonderful!I love that fairy and your coloring!
Hugs
Francy

1LuvnMama said...

Coriander is one that I haven't seen in awhile. Luv this in my fave color . . . pink! :) Buttons? You made all of these? Luv-ly!