Sunday, August 28, 2011

Smile and Laugh

Hello friends!
I hope that you are having a lovely weekend and getting lots of fun crafty time in. :)

I'll be at work today but before I head out I wanted to share another of the new Laugh girls from CC Designs. This is "Laugh" and again, I made this card for the CHA show booth back in July. I was so excited to work with these new images from Christine as soon as I saw them! Now I keep pestering her to add more to the collection 'cause I'm totally addicted to their quirky, cartoony, cuteness! And those perfectly coiled curls are so much fun to color... they remind me of when I was little and watching "Little House on the Prairie" after school, I was always so jealous of Nellie Olsen's bouncy curls, LOL!
Yes, yes, I'm a complete nerd and I totally own that. ;)

Anywho, back to the card... I paired this little cutie up with some Doodlebug prints that I actually recycled from cutting up one of their old catalogs. I love me some Doodlebug but they have a very specific look that can be hard to work with some of my stamps. But I'm happy to report that they are a wonderful match for Laugh here. I keep saying it but I think it is because she looks like she could be a cartoon character. There's also another Kid Quote stamp on this one (I'm addicted to them) and I accented the card with one of the Laugh Line Postage Stamps which I think just adds to the cuteness.

Well, I guess I should go... thanks so much for stopping by today! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug Designs
stamps- CC Designs (Laugh Laugh and Laugh Lines Postage), Inkadinkado (kid quote sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Martha Stewart border punch
ribbon
Jolee's sticker flowers
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sticko epoxy ladybugs
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E15, R00, R20
hair- E95, E11, YR14, E07
eyes- E57, E59, BG0000, 0
clothes/postage stamp- RV00, RV02, RV63, RV04, RV06, RV55, Y15, Y35, Y38, YR04, YG01, YG05, BG11, BG13, BG10, E55, E57, E59

23 comments:

Mummylade said...

I love it!

Debs M said...

gorgeous card, love that sentiment x

Nancy Thomas said...

The sentiment goes perfectly with that cute image. I like all the bright colors - this just puts a smile on my face.

*Alison* said...

I really like this card.. the colors are perfect and I like the embossed background! so fun! hugs

corryskaart said...

wat een geweldig leuke en mooie kaart,erg frisse kleurtjes en een schattige afbeelding!
groetjes van corry

Rhonda Miller said...

Sooo cute. TFS.

RiNNE said...

So cute!! I love Little House on the Prairie too, and her ringlets are very Nellie-ish! What a great idea to cut out the paper from the catalog!!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so cute! I think you are so right about her adorable little curls. Of course you have made me into a redhead lover. lol.. Very sweet card. I love the sentiment, and the little stamp is just so sweet on this. I hope you don't work too hard today. Hugs, Lisa

Creations by Shirl said...

This one is a cutie Amy! The sentiment is only so sweet and that little postage stamp...Luv her stockings!
hugs:-)

Amanda said...

This card is too cute, love the image and your colouring is superb as alwys

Anne said...

cute as a button Amy.
Anne x

Renkata said...

Such a cutie.

Annette Allen said...

another cute card...love it..

Doris P. said...

I love your copic coloring. I need practice and more copics LOL she's cute!!!
parkernana5@cox.net

Shirley N said...

Perfect sentiment for your cute image. Love your happy colors Amy, sweet card!

Unknown said...

so so cute, what fun colours, just perfect with this stamp :) Xx

Newbie said...

What a sweet and cute card! Love the image and the sentiment is PERFECT with it! Nice, happy color combo!

Crafty Loops said...

This is a smashing card, its so pretty. Lee xx

cardmaking bird said...

I love your cards and these images - they're just so much fun! Hugs, Marie xx

Rachel G said...

Such a darling card! I love her curls, too! Thanks for stopping over at my blog and for your kind comment. :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... how cute is this, Amy! Love the happy colors as always, and your fabulous little details! Hugs!!

1LuvnMama said...

Cute, cute! I'm smiling all over already! Such fun happy colors! :)

Leanne said...

Hi Amy,
Cute, cute Cute! These little gals are so adorable, you just have to laugh!
:)