Thursday, August 4, 2011

Just a note

Good morning!
It's shaping up to be another lovely day here and I'm excited to have it off. Sure, my 'to-do' list has plenty on it but on days like this it is hard not to want to just go out and play... maybe even hit the lake for a nice swim and cool down this afternoon... now that sounds like a plan!

But before I skip off to have my fun, there is a brand new challenge now up over on the Tickled Pink challenge blog and we want to see you use feathers on your card or project.
I don't use feathers a whole lot but every once in awhile they make for a cool touch so I was excited to have an excuse to put some to use. I already had Lil Little Willow all colored and cut out due to a fussy cutting video that I made last week for the TP blog and I wanted to get her onto a card. This isn't my usual process so I was a bit thrown, since I am usually pulling my papers first and then coloring up an image to match them. It was trickier for me to try and find papers to match the image. So in the end I kinda just grabbed some paper off my desk and went for it... heck, it had feathers on it too, how could I not? ;)

So if you would like a chance at winning this week's prize then why not play along? Don't forget that your card must feature a Tickled Pink stamp in order to qualify for the prize... these include: Lil Lolitas and Lads, Pinkettes, Pink Pets and Cherries. All of which can be found in the Tickled Pink store.

Have fun and good luck! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Sassafras (Ellie's Tale)
stamps- Tickled Pink (Lil Little Willow), October Afternoon (birds), Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
ribbon
Little Yellow Bicycle feathers
Prima gems
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
eyes- BG02, B95, B97
hair- YR00, E95, YR14, Y32, Y35, Y38
clothes- RV63, RV66, RV69, C5, C7, C9, E81, 0, BG01, BG45, BG49

15 comments:

Larisa said...

She is pretty! Very bright colouring !!! It looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

Aww how fun and bright this card is, love her hair.. and how you add the gems randomly on your cards. I really like :)

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE Adorable as usual!!! Love the whole card!!! Hugs!!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

So cute and I love the feather.

Creations by Shirl said...

OMG Amy~
Hi 5 on this card... cute image luv the way you colored her up...
Awesome DP and matching feather, great layout on your card....
Hugs my friend~

Danni said...

You seriously always have the perfect paper! Adorable card!

Leanne said...

I think no matter which way you start your end result will always be the same... GORGEOUS!
:)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. Are you melting yet? It is so hot over here today that I don't even feel like swimming yet. lol... I am however getting ready for a nice ice cream cone then I'll be happy. I love your card and how you have used your feather paper and the feathers themselves. Just too cute! I hope you are having a wonderful day off and got a chance to jump in the lake. Hugs, Lisa

Katie said...

Love this! That feather paper is awesome :)
xx Katie

1LuvnMama said...

Luv how you added that feather there. What a nice touch! :) Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Oh Amy... what a great card... Love the DP that you used and how you colored this beautiful image! What a warm colors on her dress! And great how hou mix colors for her hair again.
Just totally adorable again!

Warm Hug
Marion

*Successful* said...

Very lovely, beautiful card!

Tasha said...

Wow stunning card Amy, i love how you worked the feather and the gorgeous colours
love tasha xx

Cor* said...

I'm in complete & Utter awe of your coloring! Amazing! Your DP is a feather perfection! LOVE IT!

orna a said...

Big WOW!!! what a great candy! Yummy Yummy :-) I LOVE it!!! and of course Congrats!

Orna.