Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sweet wonderful you

Hello everybody!

I came across another card that you may have already seen on the ATS blog during previews last week. But since little miss Pie Birgitta hadn't made it up here yet I figured today would be her day. :)

This sweet new image from CC Designs is just darling and I'm thinking she'll also prove to be quite versatile as well. I can already see her going on a cute Thanksgiving card or even Christmas... but I'm getting ahead of myself, LOL! Since we are still enjoying sunshine filled summer days I decided to have Birgitta make a classic cherry pie. And to help sell that vibe I decided to pair her up with these cool, kinda vintage looking papers from Jenni Bowlin. For some reason that cherry print reminds me of the curtains that used to hang in my grandma's old kitchen back when I was a little one. So no surprise really that I liked them with this baking themed stamp.
I also got uber creative (at least for me, LOL) and cut the one side of the card shorter with a decorative edge, allowing the inner panel of paper to show a bit and I also thought it was cool to pair that leaf stick pin with the red bead charm... looks a bit like a ripe cherry don'tcha think? ;)
Anywho, I love how warm and sunny this card turned out. In fact, I can practically smell the baked fruit right now. That Birgitta, what a baker she is!

Alrighty I've gots to get ready for work now... TTYL! :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Jenni Bowlin (cherries, houndstooth), We R Memorykeepers (yellow dot), Making Memories (beige)
stamps- CC Designs (Pie Birgitta), Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
ribbon
string
Maya Road leaf stick pin
Jenni Bowlin pearl charm
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Marvy scallop circle punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, Y21, Y26, E35
clothes- R37, R46, E18, C0, C1, C3, E31, E43, E44, E30, E33, E35, YR23, Y32, Y35, Y38, E40, E41, 0

26 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

Love this to little pieces!!!! I love the red/yellow combo and that paper is just perfect! Love how the circle and scallped circle look like a pie too and her hair is stunning. Knocked it out of the park Amy :0)

Larisa said...

I love the papers very much! Also the image is cute as always! ))) Great colouring!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is so delicious, Amy! I love the colours and the home made cherry embellishment.

Christine said...

This is adorable, Amy! That stamp is definitely a must have. Your pin and bead definitely looks like a cherry!

Nancy Thomas said...

A beautiful design - fun, sunshine filled colors. Your coloring is amazing.

Brenda said...

Love, love, love this!! Love the colors and the pie!!! One of my faves of the new releases!! So stinkin cute!
Hugs~Bren

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is simply adorable! I can smell that cherry pie. :O) I love your papers with her. Too cute! We just got back from a 4 mile walk, so I need to hit the shower and hopefully get some crafting in today. I hope you have a wonderful day at work and an even better one once you get home. Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

Yes, so cute and kinda vintage looking to me even tho the colors are bright. Must be the awesome cherry papers. Birgitta looks beautiful and that pie looks yummy! Have a great Sunday!

Lau W said...

Such a yummy card :-))
Superb colors, Brigitta is really cute !
xxx

Tress said...

Mmmmm...love the cherry theme! The use of the stick pins and beads adds such a nice touch to an adorable card!

Rhonda Miller said...

Soo cute. TFS.

Tasha said...

This is lovely, the colours are wonderful and i think the image is super cute! Wonderful sentiment too
love tasha xx

Creations by Shirl said...

This must be a cherry pie Amy, hummmm delish! A very sooooo cute card, pie Birgitta is sure to have she's on my wish list yet...Luv the coloring and fabulous DP you used...
Have a great day my friend!

Stephanie said...

Another adorable card, Amy! Love it!! TFS!!

ChickieChirps said...

This is totally yummy Amy! I love that copic hair colour combo you have used too!

Arabella

RiNNE said...

How very sweet! That paper is perfect and I love the makeshift cherry charm!! It's awesome!

~* steph :) *~ said...

i love your card, amy! love the vintagey papers and the scalloped edge. super cute image and love the leaf stick pin with red bead charm, genius! thanks for sharing and have a lovely Sunday! *hugs* steph :)

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous colour combo Amy, a really pretty card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Penni said...

Wow great card. Love the colours and of course the image is fabulous, it's definitely going on my wishlist.

Hugs
Penni
x

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awesome card. Love Pie Birgitta and need to add it to my wish list. The colors are beautiful and the pie looks yummy. TFS

Jessica ♥ said...

I love your work! Awesome.

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous card. Your choice of papers and your colouring are perfect as always. Love the sentiment.
mwah
trace

Aluap said...

Adorable card, Amy!Gorgeous colour combo, I love it!!

donna mikasa said...

So sweet and cherry-licious! Perfect patterned papers and I love how you colored her hair! Such an adorable card!

Alice said...

so very cute and sweet! love how you colored her hair and the unique edge. super card! hope you have a lovely week! =)

Jilly said...

Well, Your choice of papers and your coloring are perfect, I am daily visitor of your blog, you doing a unique and superb work in each and every blog.
logo mat