Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You're special

Happy hump day my stampin' peeps!

Ready for a new Wednesday challenge at ATS? This week we've got a color combo to play with...brown, blue and moss green. If these earthy colors don't get you thinking towards a fall cool down I don't know what will. :)
These colors together totally had me thinking 'boy card' so I used Trevor from the Take a Seat set and with a little bit of masking have him hanging out on a park bench, perhaps after concluding his first day of school. The muted color palette isn't my usual go-to but I figure that is the whole point of a challenge, to shake ya up a bit and help you avoid creative ruts. And that cool hazy evening colored sky in the background was inspired by another bloggin' buddy of mine, Leanne. After seeing hers on this bookmark she got me to start thinking outside of the "blue sky box" that I was in... love it! :)

So, I know you want to play along right? Of course you do, because every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win just be sure that your project includes a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Later gators!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Paper Trey Ink
paper- Basic Grey (Granola)
stamps- CC Designs (Take a Seat Trevor and Park Bench), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Colorbox dark brown
brads
ribbon
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E74, E77, E79, E49
clothes- E55, E57, E59, E44, E47, E49, BG93, BG96, BG99, E40, E41, 0
bench- E30, E31, E34, E57, W3, YG67

23 comments:

yvon said...

Gorgeous, love this one with the beautiful colors. He looks so handsome.
Hugs, Yvon

corryskaart said...

echt een hele leuke kaart met een knappe vant:-)) en prachtig papier en mooi ingekleurd!
groetjes van corry

*Successful* said...

Cheerful card!

Annette Allen said...

aww he is so cute just sitting on the bench...awesome card... LOVE IT..

Cindy H. said...

Just adorable!! Love the textured look in his pants.

Tracey said...

This is so fabulous Amy!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Trevor is handsome as always Amy~
Very pretty, and that background cloud effect is gorgeous too...
Great choice of colors....

Mette said...

Brilliant card Amy. Love that little guy - he's perfect for both young and old.

Love the bench in the park scene :)

Hugs, Mette

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy. I love this card. The sky is an awesome touch and the color pallet is just awesome as well. I haven't purchased very many of the Trevors lately and I am thinking I need to get back on that. lol... Hope you have a great day my friend. Don't melt! Hugs, Lisa

Leann said...

So cute Amy - I do love li'l Trevor!
Leann x

Shirley N said...

Ahhh, your little man is so SWEET Amy! Enjoying all your videos so much, love watching you color!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a sweet card.

Danni said...

I love the whole "feel" to this card! Awesome!! Really like the sky, it just adds a "feeling" to it! Fabulous!

kris said...

ahhh! i just LOVE earth tones... this is right up my mojo alley... thanks for the inspiration, i think i'm going to push myself to play again this week! =D

Unknown said...

This is lovely Amy, what a darling stamp and fabulous colouring xxx

Crafty Loops said...

Oh my goodness, how handsome is he. This is a beautiful card. Love it. Lee xx

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE he is oh soooo cute. love your card It is very Special!
Hugs!

RiNNE said...

Wonderfully colored! Love the muggy sky :).

RiNNE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris_P said...

How cut is this?!? I just love this card!! And the image!! A must have!

hugs

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
Aw this is so cute!! I love the muted tones and this cute scene. Aw, I'm so glad to inspire you like you ALWAYS inspire me. Your clouds are gorgeous! TFS & inspiring! Definitely a winner! :)

donna mikasa said...

Love the color combo--perfect for your masculine card! The cloud background looks awesome, too!

Tasha said...

Fab design Amy Your colour work is wonderful and such a fab choice of DP
love tasha xx