Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sweet November Spotlight on Leanne!

Good morning friends!

How about it... are you ready to see the new September Sweet November previews? We've got some creepy and kooky new characters to start peeking tomorrow but before we get to them I want to shine the Sweet November Guest Gal spotlight on a fantastically talented card maker. Can paper crafters be fearless? I think so, and I think that this gal is as fearless and adventuresome with her crafting as anyone I have ever seen. She is constantly amazing me with her creativity and each card or creation that she makes seems to have a sense of happiness about it which I think can only come from her very own happy and joyful spirit. Please say a big hello to Leanne Poe! :)

I have been a follower of Leanne's work from early on in her blogging adventure and it has been so much fun to watch her style grow and evolve over time. As I mentioned before, Leanne's enthusiasm for stamping and card making is evident in everything that she creates which almost seems limitless! Not only does she make fantastic cards but her altered projects and other paper crafts are just as wonderful. She never seems afraid to try new things and incorporate new techniques into her repertoire of coloring skills and crafty tricks... I really love and admire that about her! And I am SO excited to have Leanne joining us this month!

Now it is time for Leanne to answer the Sweet November questionnaire... which is always a blast to read! :)

1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?
I think I'm a green kinda girl. Actually I'd say it's more a combo of blue and yellow which makes green. Blue for serenity, calmness and peace. I loved Krista's description about the different colors of blues and I can see myself relating. Must be because I'm a Virgo. Yellow for sunny disposition, I tend to always have a good outlook on my day, but of course there are those times when I just want to pull the covers over my head and just be a clam. And green because it's a combo of both and that is my favorite color.

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?

My style of dress/home decor is pretty casual and simple. Of course there are days when I put on something bright and cheery, but most of the time I'm in black or dark colors. If I could, I'd be in jeans or shorts and a t-shirt with my slippahs. My home decor is definitely casual. Nothing overstated, just simple and comfortable. Yes I guess my style of card making also reflects that. Sometimes I surprise myself with splashes of WOW! :)

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?

Hearing laughter, especially little kids. They have that kind of laugh that just makes you want to hug everyone around you. I think that would put even the grumpiest person in a good mood.

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?

I would love to go back to 14th century Europe. I love reading about the fashion and intrigue that goes on in the Kings' court and with all the lords and ladies. Would love to be there to see and experience it. Also, this time period doesn't have any stereotypes of how fashion is looked at today, so I would definitely fit in back then. hahaha

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why?

I would love to be a half-breed. A Fairy-Elf. I'm not one to cause mischief, but to be able to spread some lovely cheer with a sprinkle of fairy dust would be wonderful. And I think elves are just those noble creatures that love all things and people. They seem like they would not judge anyone harshly and are skilled at many things. They both live within nature so they would definitely be able to adapt to any situation. Plus I think it would be really cool to have those pointy ears.

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with? Mercedes. She's so caring and sensitive. Will go out of her way to help a friend and not care what others will think. She's shy, but when she's passionate about something she'll use her voice. She knows she's one of the top gals, but I think she's still insecure about some things. That's me in a nut shell, well except for the exceptional voice.


Boy, would I like some cool pointy ears as well... LOL! ;)
Ok, just look at this awesome frame featuring Darby and Bumbles that Leanne created! I love the bright and happy color palette and how she sprinkled the flowers from the upper left corner with the bees down to the lower right, leading the viewers eye right to her adorably colored Darby. And while I may not be much of an alterer myself I could still find plenty of inspiration in the design of this frame to inspire my card for today.
I wanted to keep within the Halloween theme of the upcoming release so I chose to ink up last year's cutie, Baby Tricks or Treats Witch. Then I followed Leanne's layout by placing the moon up in the corner and using a batty mask along with a sprinkling of silver star stickers in the background leading down to the li'l witch. Finish it all off with a bit of bling and ribbon and I had a wonderful Halloween card all ready for the holiday!


Alrighty then, Leanne will be joining Nancy, Rachel and myself in the September Sweet November sneak peeks starting tomorrow! "Beware the spooks" is all I'm gonna say for now, LOL! See ya then! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Karen Foster (white moon)
stamps- Sweet November (Baby Tricks or Treats Witch), CC Designs (Halloween scene), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox black pigment

Heidi Swapp bats mask
Making Memories ribbon and stick pins
Stampendous diamond dot star stickers
Studio G gems
Copic markers:
skin- YG00, G20, G40, G82
hair- YG25, YG67, G29
clothes- Y38, YR04, YR18, C5, C7, C9, V06, V09, BV29, E81, 0
owl- E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, Y35, Y38, YR24


14 comments:

Hlora said...

The frame is so sweet! Great image on the corner! Love this girl! ))

Crafty Loops said...

What a gorgeous frame by Leanne. And I love your card Amy, and how you have made the moon is a stroke of genius. I think this is a really fabulous card. Lee xxx

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
O my, now that was a wonderful intro! Thanks so much for having me help you with this release. I can't wait to show everyone this new set of images. They will love them!
I love your card! Baby Tricks or Treats witch is so adorable! I love the bats and that ribbon is gorgeous! Wow Amy you are really amazing! Have a great day!!
Hugs,

Anne said...

oh wow Leanne, love the frame. The bright zingy colours are fab.
Anne x

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I love Leanne as well. She is a sweetheart and a very talented one at that. I love, love both your card and Leanne's project. They both are just too darn adorable! I can not wait until tomorrow. Bring it on! :D Have a great day my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Creations by Shirl said...

Howdy Amy~
Well what excitment going on, congrats to Leanne first and her card is awesome... Luv your baby tricks card, the bg is just amazing.. gorgeous ribbon and that cute little owl on the witchy's hat is adorable.... such a cute halloween card...

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG Love your Halloween card Amy! It is soooo Boooooooo-tiful!!!! Leanne's frame is totally adorable too! I am sooooo excited to see the new release tomorrow! I am so wishing the week away just to finally get to see it. I love Halloween a lot!!! My hubby got my Halloween craft stuff for Christmas last year! He is soo Awesome!
Hugs!!

Mimi said...

Awesome news!! Sounds like it's gonna be a fun and wild ride with Leanne joining you on the new release! Cant wait to see it!! Love the frame Leanne made, and your Baby Witch is a super cutie! Love those silver stars!!! Have a great day! ;)

1LuvnMama said...

Great choice to add Leanne to the SN Gal family! She's awesome and so talented! Can't wait to see your sneaks tomorrow . . . both your card and Leanne's frame inspire!

Danni said...

Yay!! I just {heart} Leanne!! How fun!

RiNNE said...

Leanne's work is great!! Love her answers! Both creations are superb! Yay for SN sneakpeeks!

donna mikasa said...

Leanne is a great choice for a Sweet November gal! Besides being crafty, she's so very sweet! Can't wait to see her work!

Unknown said...

Leanne is a perfect SN gal! Yay and congrats to Leanne! Great to know Leanne a little too!
I got the most gorgeous card in the mail today, Amy! Thank you so much! I was like, wow! BEAUTIFUL coloring! You are simply one amazing artist, Amy! Thank you so much for the yo-yos too! They are perfect! I still haven't gotten around to making some! You are so sweet!

kris said...

Very excited to see what Leanne will be bringing to share with us!! You've chosen a heck of a creator!! Wooohooo!! Congrats Leanne and CONGRATS Amy on the new release!! =D