Monday, August 22, 2011

Everybody is weird...

Good Monday mornin' to ya... hope this new week is off to a good start for everybody. :)

So you may have seen me coloring up these characters on a couple Youtube videos that I posted this weekend and now I've got them feeling right at home on a spooky little Halloween card.
Altering these Greeting Farm images into zombies is actually something that I did for the first time about two years ago but I thought it would be cool to revisit the idea and film most of the process to share with anyone who might be interested in some 'different' skin tone and hair color combos... LOL! You can also find all three videos over on the Color Me Copic blog as well.

Oh! And if you are a fan of the Kid's Quote sentiments from Inkadinkado I am excited to say that they finally have some new holiday themed ones that are available now! There are three Halloween and five Christmas ones that I have come across. As you can see, I've used one of the Halloween sentiments on this card and I just love how they pair up with cutie little kid-like character stamps. Now if only Inkadinkado would pull their past retired Kid's Quotes out of the vault and re-release them as some more clear sets I would be a VERY happy camper! :)

Between the fun sentiment and my little zombies it didn't take much else to finish off this card. A couple spider stickers with some faux webbing that I created simply by pulling apart a cotton ball and a stamped spooky tree in the background and this one was done... or should I say "done for"? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Alrighty, stay classy San Diego!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (Stella Ruby)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Hugh, WS Dahlia, WS Jade, WS Ebony, Toxic Creeper), Hero Arts (spooky tree), Inkadinkado (Halloween Kid's Quote)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox black pigment
Kaiser Craft rub-on stitches
Martha Stewart epoxy spider stickers
Cotton ball (for faux web)
Copic black multiliner pen 0.1 and 0.3
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E70, E71, G82 (dahlia eyeshadow) W3, W5
dahlia hair- W3, W5, W7, W9, YG99
hugh hair- E43, E44, E81, YG97, YG99
clothes- T5, T7, T9, E44, E47, E49, BG93, BG96, BG99, BV23, BV25, BV29, C1, 0

37 comments:

CLaire said...

Love these two...the skulls are brill on her dress and in her hair
xx

Crafty Loops said...

Oh wow, I love this card. The wee characters are brilliant,I love her wee skull. And I adore the tree, its awesome. Really fantastic card, I love everything about it. Spooky and adorable all at the same time. Lee xx

Maria Therese said...

This is the coolest Halloween card I've ever seen!

Nancy Thomas said...

Absolutely brilliant Amy!

Hlora said...

It looks great!

Larisa said...

Amy, you made my day with your card again))) Love it)))

Leanne said...

Hi Amy,
You do it every time!! This is awesome! Love the swaps, coloring, the layout and the fun spiderwebs. It's beginning to look a lot like Halloween when you create. This is awesome!! TFS!

Debs M said...

love this x

Annette Allen said...

wow this card is stunning...
Love your creativity..
Thanks

gobeagirl said...

lol.. I would love to sit and visit with you for at least an hour. I love to listen to how your mind works. You are quite the character. I loved your videos and I love how both of your zombies turned out so 'Stinkin' cute! heehee Awesome card as always. Hope you have a fantastic Monday. Hugs, Lisa

Cor* said...

OMG this is so cute Amy!! I love everything about it! Such wonderful colors! Sweet images! Yay! Hey I see your chibi. Is it new, or have I noticed it before!?! Anywho, I LOVE IT!!

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

What a cool card Amy! Love the look
hugs
Doreen

Cindy H. said...

I so enjoyed watching you coloring these little zombies :) The card came out so fabulous!! The Stella Ruby dp is so perfect for this scene, as are the spooky tree and sentiment.

Creations by Shirl said...

Amy you are magnificent!
This card is so darn cute, luv those TFG images and the coloring and detailing couldn't be anybody better..
Have a great Monday~

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

What a fun and spooky card, Amy! Love the scene you've created.

Sudha said...

Wow pretty creation dear.

Shazza said...

fab card, love those images x

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is fabulous. I just love the images and that sentiment is great. I'll have to go find these sentiments. I love the webbing. TFS.

Lau W said...

Aw love this card, colors are superb, so cute details !
xxx

Jenny said...

This is pretty awesome! Creepy but in a cute way. I love the background too. TFS!

Auntie Em said...

Great colouring! Love the background. Sometimes less is more!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

This is wonderful Amy!!

Shirley N said...

Loving your videos Amy, thanks so much for doing them! And LOVE this Halloween card, cute sentiment and adorable images!

Unknown said...

Awww Amy this is gorgeous, I love that sentiment, so perfect ha ha :)

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS! Love your card! So awesome and love the sentiment too! way cool!
Hugs!

Danni said...

Oh how fun is this!! Fabulous..simply fabulous!!

Rachel G said...

Adorable! I love the sentiment!!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my... your coloring is totally awesome, Amy!! Love your fabulous card and thank you for the fabulous video tutorials too... I'm learning a lot from you!

Have a beautiful week, hugs!!

donna mikasa said...

Thoroughly enjoyed your alien skin, head swapping videos! They don't look so ghoulish now--just spooky cute! The rub on stitches and spooky tree are the perfect touches, too!

1LuvnMama said...

I just luv'd watching your vids on how to color . . . hmmmm, anything! Thanks for doing this Amy, 'cause I would never be able to do it myself.
Luv the zombie skin coloring!

Brenda said...

Bwahahahaha, I love this, awesome sentiment. Put a smile on my face this morning!!
Hugs~Bren

kris said...

O-M-G!! i so so so so LOVE this!! this is absolutely awesome!! am i weird?! LOL... probably!

Sammi said...

Ha! LOVE it!!! Those videos were great too by the way!!
Sammi
xxx

RiNNE said...

Things to do- 1. Buy those oh so cute sentments!

2. Watch your stellar vids.

3. Keep admiring your lovely alterations! Awesome scene!

RiNNE said...

I forgot to mention that I looooooovvvve the "cotton ball and pulling apart of it as the web" technique. Your coloring is especially fab!

SusanLotus said...

So very cute!

Tasha said...

Oh so cute, fab altering Amy, and love the cob web effect!
love tasha xx