Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hello, hello...

Howdy folks!

Are you up for a new Wednesday challenge at ATS? This week we've got a fab sketch by Janneke to play with that is sure to get your creative juices flowing. :)
I used Fairwee Josie just chillin' out in the Mason Jar for my card today and I actually pulled my colors from the mini yo-yos that I made (I'm sooo addicted to making those little things now and already have a bag full!). I also paired her with the giant butterfly die from The Cat's Pajamas to really reinforce Josie 'fairwee' small size. Hmmm... as I'm looking at this card now it is making me crave some citrus sherbet real bad, LOL!

I've also had some requests to do a tutorial on how I color up the Mason Jar stamp with the brassy colored lid and I was able to get one done on my last day off. You can find it on my Youtube channel here AND I was feeling ambitious I guess because I also filmed a tutorial on how I colored up Fairwee Josie here. Fair warning on the Josie vid... I just squeaked it in under the 15 minute mark, LOL! Or if you like, all of my recent coloring videos have also been added to the Color Me Copic blog for easy access as well. Anywho... I hope you enjoy the new tutorials and as always, if you ever have any specific requests just give me a shout either here or by email... I'm always open to suggestions.

Now back to this week's challenge, I know you want to play along right? Of course you do, because every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win just be sure that your project includes a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

TTYL! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- BoBunny (Orange), October Afternoon (text), unknown green
stamps- Sweet November (Fairwee Josie, Mason Jar), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
My Favorite Things grass border die
Cat's Pajamas butterfly die
buttons
handmade fabric yo-yos
Divine Twine
Kaiser Craft pearls
Signo Uniball white gel pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, r20
hair- E21, E23, E27
clothes- YG00, YG21, YG95, Y13, Y35, Y38, E55, E57
wings- G0000, G00, 0

26 comments:

Maria Therese said...

I saw your card over at the challenge blog and it's gorgeous!!

♥Rach♥ said...

How light and pretty is this?? Love the spring like colors and those yo-yos are ridiculously cute! Like how you poked holes in the top of the jar ;0) Don't want anything to happen to our fairies!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just adorble! I love your papers behind the jar as well as the butterfly. It does show that Josie is a little thing afterall. lol.. I watched your videos on this the other day and I loved them. You do so well and I love watching you color. As I have always said you are very very talented! Have a great day my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful and just filled with sunshine happiness. I like the jar on it's side. I have a basket of yo yos too, bigger ones for a quilt that I'll probably never finish!!

Dotty Jo said...

Super sweet! Jo x

Unknown said...

Amy...Your Josie card is so cute. Love the colors you chose. Thank you so much for your coloring videos. I could sit and watch them all day! Seriously they are great and easy to follow. You are a great inspiration and I ordered some of these stamps from ATS!!!

Sudha said...

Gorgeous creation dear. Colors r so cheerful. I luv it.

Shaela said...

This is soooo cute! I love the mason jar lying down :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Hey Amy~
Another pretty mason jar card...
Luv it, you make that mason jar looks so real and Fairwee Josie looking at that butterfly on the jar... Gorgeous buttons too.
Have another fairy good day:-)

SannaS said...

beautiful card!!! so sweet and lovely and so happy!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG This is sooooo darn cute! You Rock! love it!!!!!!
Hugs!

Leanne said...

Hi Amy,
This is adorable. I love the colors, so soft and serene.
Thanks for the tutorial on the coloring. It's always nice to have tips and tricks from the pros. :)
Love the yo-yos.. I think I want to make some, they remind me of when I used to sew and make scrunchies.. hm... lol! :)

RiNNE said...

So pretty!! Love thus little scene! The mass jar lid looks amazing - can't wait to watch the vids! She is just too cute -- I think she'll be the next stamp of yours I'll be getting!

Alice said...

too cute! i adore your little fairies! this makes me smile BIG!! love love it! =)

Pastila said...

So beautiful!!

Shirley N said...

She is so sweet, I just love her smile! Thanks for another great video Amy, I so love watching you color! Great to see the finished product, just beautiful!!!

Sammi said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I just LOVE it!! I love your little fairies and the jar too! hehe.. I am glad you poked holes in the top... what good thinking tee hee!! OK I'm off to see your video... byt the way I do LOVE that jar - I just used it on my blog (thanks for all the inspiration!!)
Sammi
xxx

1LuvnMama said...

Luv the fairwee trapped inside the mason jar . . . btw, I watched your recent vids on coloring this sweetie and the jar . . . HUGE thank you for that! I had to get me that mason jar, so cute Amy? What will you think of next?

Kristie W. said...

Adorable card!! I love how you used the jar on it's side, now why haven't I thought of that LOL!!

kris said...

how did i miss this cutie?!?! ohyah, i've been going crazy... LOL... Fab creation hon, i love the bright summery colors...

Unknown said...

aww awww so cute... that jar again he he just perfect, love it xxx

donna mikasa said...

Josie is my fave Fairwee! Love how you've captured her in the mason jar (and gave her some air holes!) and I thoroughly enjoyed your coloring videos, too!

Crafty Loops said...

I love the colour yellow, its my favourite colour. This is really beautiful. The wee flowers are beautiful. Ive a bit of an obsession with making flowers and actually did a tutorial on these on my blog. Ive only been blogging a number of weeks but love it. This project is really beautiful. Lee xx

Annette Allen said...

aww now that is adorable...
Love your creativity..

*Successful* said...

Beautiful and amusing card!

callyannc said...

I love how you turned the tables on this card. I i love the colors!!! TFS CallyAnn
*maybe you could rub some of your crafty magic onto me!!!:))))
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com