Monday, August 29, 2011

I'll get you my pretty...

Oh Monday, Monday... do you ever think of the days of the week as having personalities and poor Monday is always wondering why everyone dreads it so much? Or perhaps Monday is actually a bit devilish and relishes making all of us moan and groan... I tend to think it would be the second scenario, LOL!

But before I head back out to the daily grind I have a card that was actually started last week when I used the images for a few coloring videos that you can check out here or on Color Me Copic. I was waiting to get my hands on the new Bella Blvd papers and once I did I had to put them to use finishing off this card. I actually used a mix of the 'Too Cute to Spook' and 'Finally Fall' lines with sweet little witchy Birgitta because the colors went perfectly with the way I had colored up the scene. The circle design came about when I decided to cut the scene into a circle but didn't want to cut into the moon. So when I cut around it as well and laid the whole thing down on the black card base I thought it would look cool to just keep adding layers of different sized paper circles. Once they were down I added seasonal bits and bobs to pull everything together, a few leaves here, a spider there... have I mentioned lately that I love making Halloween cards? ;)
And luckily for me I've got more than a few coming up later this week when all new Sweet November previews begin... wink, wink!

Later gators! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Bella Blvd (Too cute to spook and Finally fall)
stamps- CC Designs (Halloween Birgitta, Halloween Scene and Fall Scene)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz Dusty Concord distress and Colorbox black pigment
Kaiser Craft rub-on stitches and pearls
Making Memories and CTMH paper leaves
Karen Foster skull brad
Martha Stewart epoxy spider sticker
Bella Blvd sentiment stickers
Divine Twine
May Arts ribbon
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- YG00, G20, G40, G82
hair- YG25, YG67, G29
clothes- C5, C7, C9, 100, V06, V09, BV29
pumpkins- Y38, YR04, YR18, E19, YG63, YG67, G29
sunflowers/leaves- Y13, Y35, Y38, E55, E57, E59
moon- Y000, Y00, 0



33 comments:

copilarim said...

oh this card is soooo sweet!!!!:)

kbrandy4 said...

Wow! Your card is gorgeous Amy!!

Hugs Hazel xx

Tina said...

this is so sweet,i love it!

♥Rach♥ said...

Totally fun and cute! Love all the circles and papers you put together and the moon/clouds are COOL! The spider is a little too realistic though... :0\

Annette Allen said...

now that is one cool Halloween card... LOVE IT..

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
wat een geweldig mooie en kleurrijke kaart en heerlijk om naar te kijken!
groetjes van corry

Nancy Thomas said...

All the circles against the black background are really strking. I especially love the goopy green hair on the little witchy.

kadie said...

This is awesome! I love all the different papers and that violet shading of the clouds is fantastic!

Crafty Loops said...

This is a fabulous card Amy, really brilliant. Your fluffy purple cards are fantastic. Love all the circles too, a really terrific layout. Lee xx

Unknown said...

I came here to have a look at your card and just clicked away to your colouring video :) That was lovely, thank you for sharing, even though I don't have copics, it was lovely to hear you and see you colouring xxx
.. and your card is fabulous, i love her green hair and fabulous layout xxx

chrilvian said...

ooooo i love it, i love it
so fabulous
great work amy

Creations by Shirl said...

Hey Amy~
This so far is one of your coolest Halloween cards yet.. Your background layouts is only so gorgeous, luv the green hair(awesome), all those little bits & pieces that you added on is just fabulous. This is just one great card my friend...

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This turned out Spooktacular! lol... I love how you used the circles and your stitching around your card all both so adorable! She doesn't look like a scary witch at all (yay!). She is just so happy sitting there waiting for Halloween. Hope you have a quick and good day at work. Hugs, Lisa

Lau W said...

Oh superb ! Love all circles, your card is extra !
xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

This is so fabulous Amy! Love the all the circles!

Hugs, Kelly

Jenny said...

Love this! Its cool to see your creation step by step- and the finished product is awesome!

1LuvnMama said...

I luv her green look . . . she's way more sweeter to look at than the witch in The Wizard of OZ. Been watching all your vids and I'm just so in awe of your talent! Please continue to post and teach us all! THANKS AMY!

kris said...

Love this!! really like seeing the circle dp cutouts... great mix of halloween papers and the image is colored wonderfully!

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is so stinking cute! Love it
Hugs
Heidi Brawley

Tatjana said...

Aaaaaa,this is so cute!

yvon said...

Absolut stunning!!
Hugs, Yvon

Leanne said...

Hi Amy,
this is sooo cute! I love the elements and don't get me started on little Birgitta! She's adorable and I am so happy to see the final result here on this happy holiday card. Love it!

Alice said...

your coloring is amazing, girl! it's a treat to see your work. you always come up with beautiful and fun designs, too. you ROCK, Amy! off to watch your videos! =)

Doris P. said...

your copic coloring is awesome!! what an adorable witchy girl :)
parkernana5@cox.net

Tina said...

Hi Amy, I love the way the card turned out; sooo cute. Love the stitching around it.

RiNNE said...

I love Elpheba!! Your card is tres fantastique!!!! I just loooove your circles! Not sure if you know Kelly Purkey but she's one of my favorite scrapbookers and her background in graphic design allows her to make lay-outs like your card. So I definitely am digging this. The papers are perfect and so are the touches of leaves and the skull brad w/ twine!

SusanLotus said...

So sweet! I love that you coloured her green! :)

donna mikasa said...

Such a cute Halloween card--love all those circles! And I loved your "alien skin" tutorial at CCC. All your videos are totally mesmerizing! Must plan my day around them or I can sit for quite a while just watchin'.....

Elena said...

Oh dear, soo spooky! A lot of funny paper, and the colours you chose... oooh great! Such a superb layout with all these circles... I saw your tutorial coluring it on CCC, you're a incredible artist Amy!

Hugs,
Elena

Kelly Booth said...

Lurve that GREEN hair....such a cute card!!!

Chelsea said...

Love all of the circles!!

Shirley N said...

Eek! I love this card and your awesome coloring video Amy! Thanks so much for doing them!

Scrappy Boy said...

Hi Amy! I have a question for you! I’m trying to follow your YouTube video of Halloween Birgitta coloring green skin. I’m not getting past the masking of the stamps though. How did you do it with red rubber? This is my first time masking and I imagine with clear it’d be easier.