Friday, August 26, 2011

The music of the night...

Hi guys!

Well, I'm a day late in getting this up here on my blog but there is still plenty of time to participate in this week's challenge
over on the Tickled Pink challenge blog and it is to USE A MUSIC SHEET on your card or project.

I knew that I had this great piece of music sheet looking paper from Hambly that was black with silver printing... very classy and elegant. Because of the black background I thought I could make it work for another Halloween card, so I pulled out Vampire Lestat and was going to pair him up with the Vampire Lilith digi from last year's release. But when I was going through my digis, Ghost Willow caught my eye and something about her long flowing hair made my mind go in a different direction. So I took a second look at Lestat and realized that with just a few swipes of the baby wipe across his face I could draw in a mask and easily turn him into a cool looking Phantom of the Opera. Talk about working even better with the challenge theme... I totally had to give it a try!
I love how he turned out and with just a bit of altering to Willow's hood, sleeve and dress hem I also had a very respectable looking Christine to go along with him.
If you would like to see how I colored up the Phantom's cape (and you have a half hour to spare... oy, LOL!) then you can check out my video here... or on Color Me Copic. :)

I also want to thank Kristy for her tip that I saw on Youtube about adding some warm greys (W5, W7) to a dark brown hair color combo (E74, E77, E79). I used it on The Phantom's hair and it really did darken it up quite nicely, adding just a bit of extra drama to him!
AND, I recently saw this technique that Carisa did of coloring an image without black lines. I ended up giving it a try with the rose image because I didn't have a single line art rose stamp in my entire collection. What I did have was a clear stamp from Basic Grey of a polka dot rose. So I stamped the bud with red ink and the stem with green ink and then I proceeded to color over it with Copic markers to give it shading and get rid of the polka dots. I think it turned out alright though I don't know if I'll be braving this technique with a larger more involved image any time soon, LOL!


Alrighty, back to the challenge! If you would like a chance at winning your choice of 1 rubber or 2 digi stamps then why not play along? Don't forget that your card must feature a Tickled Pink stamp in order to qualify for the prize... these include: Lil Lolitas and Lads, Pinkettes, Pink Pets and Cherries. All of which can be found in the Tickled Pink store.

Good luck!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Hambly (music sheet)
stamp- Tickled Pink (Lil Haunt Vampire Lestat), Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
digi stamp- Tickled Pink (Lil Haunt Ghost Willow)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz distress shabby shutters and barn door
Kaiser Craft pearls
ribbon
EK Success gold pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic Multiliner black pen 0.1
Copic markers:
(phantom)
skin- E000, E00, E11
eyes- E47, E49
hair- W5, W7, E74, E77, E79
clothes/mask- N0, N1, N5, N7, N9, 100 E40, E41, C5, C7, C9, R37, R46, R59, E18
(christine)
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E37, E59
eyes- G99, E57, YG95
clothes- R0000, R000, 0
rose- R35, R37, R46, YG67, YG95, G29

43 comments:

k.oconnor1302 said...

WOW!! I am completely speechless....this is one of your best yet...wow...don't know what else to say...

♥Rach♥ said...

*sigh* I loooooove this. Totally fun and fab idea! Your coloring and the video are wonderful and SO helpful. Fabulous altering and you did great on the rose, it's so fun!

Oxy said...

WOW! So beautiful card!!

Annette Allen said...

wow your coloring is soooo amazing.. It is like the card has life...very cute...

*Successful* said...

Таинственная и романтичная открытка!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I watched your video last night and I have tell you I get so into it that I forget to tell you how awesome before I head to your next video. lol.. This is spectacular my friend. OMWord, I love how you put the E in with the R's on Lestat's cape. It truly looks fantastic! I wish both of your Baby Wiped (lol) stamps were available. I think your card just really really looks FANTASTIC. Madison noticed right away that you were making the Phantom last night and couldn't get over how great he looks. Hugs, Lisa

corryskaart said...

wat een geweldig mooie kaart,mijn mond viel open van verbazing,dus mijn complimenten voor zo stukje vakwerk!
groetjes van corry

Nancy Thomas said...

Gasp! Amy, this is a work of art. I love the deep,dramatic colors and those images are perfect for one another. It totally looks like Phantom of the Opera.

Creations by Shirl said...

Amy~ this is so stunning! What an ideal card... Both images are paired off so fabulous.. You are such a masterpiece and I'm so inspired by your talents....Indeed this card should be in a picture frame. Can't wait to see more!
Hugs my friend~

Mary said...

GREAT CARD!

Lau W said...

Fantastic, your card is wonderful wow !!!
xxx

Ana C said...

WOW!!! This card just blows my mind!!! How lovely. Just: WOW! :)

kadie said...

This is a amazing! Love it!And now I want to go listen to my Phantom album!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is fantastic. That's one of my favorite movies. TFS.

Cindy H. said...

OMGosh, this is absolutely awesome!!! The phantom's cape looks like it's real material! Fabulous rose, fabulous card!!

Mimi said...

Oh my!! What a beautiful card Amy! The layout is just amazing with all the perfect details! and the videos that you've been sharing are all awesome!! Have a great weekend! :D

Sudha said...

Cute creation dear.

serina said...

oh wow, this is a nice card!!

Crafty Loops said...

My word Amy this a is fantastic card and anything with vampires is definitely ok by me. Your music paper looks fantastic too. Lee xx

Katie said...

This is freakin' genius Amy! I died when I saw how you altered Lestat- you are always so creative. I can't wait to check out your video :) Thanks again for some amazing inspiration- a visit to your blog never fails to get the mojo going!
Hugs, Katie

Arabella said...

Amazing card Amy! I love your altering and your colouring is stunning!

Arabella

Doris P. said...

One of my favorite movies!! I love it!!!
parkernana5@cox.net

yvon said...

Wow, this is just amazing.
Hugs, Yvon

kris said...

OH MY.... this is FABULOUS!!! Love the awesome images... and the card all together is WOW!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS! Love your card! It is sooo cool! Awesome as always!
Hugs!!!

MiamiKel said...

This is outstanding!!!!!! Beautifully colored and a remarkable design x0x0

Elena said...

OOOOh Amy, let me say you this is one of the best work I've ever seen... It's sooo sweet, and you played magically with the characters!! This card is SUPERB... a touch of love and a genial idea for add the music paper.

Hugs,
Elena

Leanne said...

Hi Amy,
This is a beautiful card, especially when you read how it came to be. Love ur alterations, you do know how to make things dramatic. Love the rose, you did a fabulous job with the no lines. It would be cool if we saw this Phantom in the TP store soon. :)

Yani said...

Way too cool!! Love this!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

FABULOUS copic tutorial, thanks so much, I LOVE what you created and how you colored them up. Thanks for sharing.

donna mikasa said...

(Gasp!) This is the most amazing altering I've ever seen! Phantom of the Opera? I'm speechless, Amy!

Sharon said...

I saw your video and it was amazing. So is the finished product. Awesome job!

Tina said...

woow! this is fantastic!

Amanda said...

Best ever card you've made. The colouring is perfect, the scene perfect.
WOW

Shirley N said...

Oh Amy, your coloring is amazing, this card is just stunning! His cape is absolutely gorgeous. Another video??? ;)

Shirley N said...

OMGosh, I'm so behind on my visting--you already made a video on this and it's fabulous! Thank you Amy, you're the sweetest!!!

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Fabulous Card!!! I love it. :) X X

Please visit my blog: Delphinoid’s Cards and Craft

Debbie Pamment said...

Now think of this is VERY LARGE letters with caps and bold type...

WOW

xXx

Tasha said...

I love Phantom of the Opera and this card is fantastic. It really shows off your fantasic colouring and the teaming of characters is genius!
love tasha xx

RiNNE said...

This is wonderful, Amy! Love the coloring..especially the cape and rose. Gotta check your videos..I'm so behind catching up on them. And I think you should do your own class on coloring! I'm learning more from you than the basic cert class! ;)

PS. I love Phantom of Opera!

Sammi said...

This is stunning... I LOVE it to bits! Big Phantom fan here! I do wish that was a stamp! LOL!
Sammi
xxx

Karen said...

The shading you achieved in this is amazing. I was so happy to find the video that you created. Thanks for sharing your talent and techniques with u.

Regan said...

Amy, this is utterly magnificent! I've been meaning to comment on it since I saw you post it to the TPS challenge! What an awesome idea! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! And holy coloring on his cape! It's gorgeous! I just love, love, LOVE this!!! :)
{hugs}
Regan