Saturday, August 6, 2011

Today is amazing

Hola!

Welcome to another glorious weekend... I'm hoping to get in some swimming after work today as we have finally been catching up with the rest of the country in having some HOT summer days. The cool water of the lake is sounding pretty darn good already and its still early morning!

So I just realized that I made this card for the ATS CHA booth and even had it on the ATS challenge blog early last month but I forgot to post it here. Poor Briar and Sonata were feeling awfully neglected I tell ya! Luckily I came across this pic when I was scrolling through my photo archives and today they are finally making it onto the ol' bloggity blog. :)
I've gotten quite a bit of mileage out of these American Crafts Campy Trails papers so far this summer and I love it when that happens. Means I have a lot less paper scraps to store, LOL! I went with a pretty clean and simple layout design since I was making a guy card and I don't usually fuss those up too much. A little bit of twine, some die cut embellies and I was good to go. I really like how it looks like Sonata is watching that bird but he's not afraid of being made a snack by it because he's got his good buddy, Briar, to watch out for him. 'Cause that's what friends are for... :)

Well, thanks so much for visiting today... see ya in 24!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American crafts (Campy Trails)
stamps- Sweet November (Briar and Sonata), Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
The Twinery twine
Deco edge scissors
diecut tree and bird
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, E15, R00, R20
eyes- B41, B45
hair- Y38, YR04, YR18, E19
clothes- E44, E47, E49, YG95, YG97, YG99, E55, E57, E59
sonata- YG01, YG03, YG95, YG91

16 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

A great scene like this doesn't need a lot of fussying up. Love Briar's flaming red hair and the overall design of this card.

Zarah said...

Cute, cute, cuuuuute!

YOU are amazing! :D

Tasha said...

Wow love this design Amy, the layout is really funky and i love the papers and tree. Super cute little scene
love tasha xx

Larisa said...

it is cuuuuuuuute! ))) Love this funny image! Very nice card again! Oh, I have not another word even to say how much I love this card! ))

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so darn adorable! I am loving these papers and you couldn't have put Sonata and Briar in a better scene. Too cute my friend. I am glad to hear that you guys are hot too. I just found out that school starts on Aug 28th.
I think I am the only Mom in the country that that actually upsets. I hate when my M&Ms have to be in school. So, with that I am heading to work and then we are jumping in that pool to enjoy this small heat wave that we are having lately. :O) Enjoy the lake! Sounds very very refreshing. Hugs, Lisa

RiNNE said...

Very cool! Love the strips/ squares of PP and the twine! I hope you have fun at the lake! We haven't had a lot of hot days either (not that I'm complaining!).

Mette said...

Super card Amy. Love your fab image and the papers and lay-out. Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs, Mette

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what an awesome card. TFS.

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Amy~
Such a fun scenry... love all those images on it, especially that little grasshopper and the bright red hair on the image...
Awesome....
Have a great weekend!
Hugs my friend~

Annika said...

WONDERFUL design! Love the use of designer papers and boy, your colouring is GORGEOUS! And I won't even start to imagine how tricky it was to cut out!! :o
Hugs
Annika

Danni said...

Another wonderful creation! You're just so inspiring!!

Shaela said...

this is darling!! Love that pinking shear edge on some of the paper panels :)

Sudha said...

Wow luv this.

Leanne said...

Gr8 coloring Amy! Love the fun CAS layout. And the wood grain papers are fantastic. TFS!

ps - ever thought about writing children's books? you'd be a wiz!

Unknown said...

I love this Amy, what an amazing card and such great mix of papers, I love it xxx

Annette Allen said...

wow great card...