Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wheel... of... colors!

Mornin' friends!

Today I've got a card for the new Complimentary Color Challenge over at Some Odd Girl. Not sure what that is? Its two colors that fall opposite each other on the color wheel. Like yellow and purple, or my personal fave... orange and blue. You can use different shades but they must be complimentary and in that set. Kristy has a great color wheel example on the SOG blog if you need a quick reference to get ya going. :)

I'm sure it's no surprise that when it came time to choose a pair of complimentary colors for my card I went with orange and blue... I'm just SO predictable, LOL! But come on, doesn't Mae look totally stylin' and ready for her first day back at school? I'm thinking that orange must be her favorite color too. ;)
And I lucked out in finding this mix of papers in my scrap bags because not only were the colors spot on but I love the graph paper look to a couple of them. I think they are a hint of all the homework she is going to tackle soon enough. Good luck in Geometry class Mae!


Alrighty, time for you to take on the challenge! You've got until August 23rd to enter a card for a chance at winning a fab prize and while you don't have to use a SOG image to qualify, you do get an extra name in the hat come drawing time if you do. :)

Have fun and good luck!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Detours and Daydream)
digi stamp- Some Odd Girl (School Mae)
stamp- Inkadinkado (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and colorbox creamy brown
buttons
Divine twine
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, B0000, B000, YG01
eyes- B95, B97, B99
hair- YR30, YR20, Y21
clothes- E40, E41, 0, B000, B00, B02, E44, E47, E49, Y38, YR14, YR18, E74, E77, E79, W1

27 comments:

Zarah said...

LOVE it! Both the card and the image and the design and the colours: ALL of it! :D

Francy said...

Amy,always do wonderful cards!Beautiful this choice of complementary colors and the stamp!
Hugs
Francy

Tasha said...

Amy this is beautiful. The colour combo is gorgeous and i love the layout. I really love the sentiment too
love tasha xx

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the orange and blue color scheme - the selection of patterns is perfect. A great layout too.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Amy, this is super fabulous! I really love your coloring!

ChickieChirps said...

This is gorgeous Amy! I love the orange and blue combo and those papers are delicious!

Arabella

jojoscraps said...

Another beautiful card! The sentiment is perfect and I like your color choice. Thanks for always sharing your marker colors. I pop by often for color choices and inspiration!
Jo xx

Lau W said...

Superb card, love your colouring, all is nice on this card !
xxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Awesome card Amy~
You are so inspiring to me with all the cards you create. Luv this one alot, and what's so funny is that Mae is also my middle name.. You colored her up so perfectly, and such great layout on your card too... Luv this one very much!
Hugs my friend!

Mimi said...

She's adorable Amy! Love the color combo and pretty papers!! Have a great day! ;)

Maria Therese said...

Gooooooooooooooooooooreous!!!

AtStudioD said...

I Love the colors!!!! Thanks for explaining about opposite colors. I never really thought about color challenges being that way. I think she's not only ready to get straight A's, but she's going to look HOT doing it!! In a perfect world, we could paint outfits on us perfectly everyday. lol. TFS.

x0, Damaris

RiNNE said...

I just Loooooooooove this!! The color combo, your coloring, your card dssign, the papers, & school Mae! Absolutely fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

This is so cute Amy, your colouring is fabulous you've made School Mae look absolutely stunning, love it xxx

Shirley N said...

Oh she's adorable Amy, love her eyes! Great color and paper choices--love how you used the larger graph size to magnify your sentiment, brilliant!

Julie said...

Gorgeous - fab colouring and fab papers!! Juliexx

gobeagirl said...

Hi there Miss Young. I have to first say that I love your card and I think that you are a wonderful with the oranges. It's because of you that I have come to enjoy orange for the first time ever. lol....Second I have to just comment on how beautiful your blue eyes are. OMWord! I love, love the picture of you on the SOG blog and you are just so pretty. I love having a face to put with the voice and talent. Hope you are having a great day my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
Beautiful card. I love the colors, they just looks so pretty here. Mae looks amazing too. Love how you colored her eyes. Pretty, pretty!
Hope ur having a gr8 day!

Larisa said...

Very bright job! Love this image! the card is fantastic!!!

Katie said...

LOVE this card Amy! The colors are perfect and those papers do make me think of school but I'm sure I never looked as cute as Mae when I walked the halls :) Awesome coloring as always, thanks for the inspiration!
xx Katie

Unknown said...

I LOVE orange and blue together! Your card is so adorable, Amy!

Elena said...

Amy! Your comment warmed my heart!! Thank you for passing from my blog, I really appreciated it!
Sooo... what can I say about your card?! It's simply amazing!! So brilliant, it brings happiness to everybody... the colouring is superb, the girl seems real, really really incredible... and the layout too! So genial!

Hugs,
Elena

Tara Godfrey said...

OMG! Amy this is sooooooooooo cute! I love the card layout, your gorgeous colouring and the orange and blue are so pretty together. Love everything about this card!
I just went to the SOG shop the other day after seeing your super cute card with Bookish Tia...Love it...and I'm totally smitten with these cute ODD girls and boys now. I filled up my cart the other day and I can't wait to make a card and play along with the SOG challenge. Thanks for inspiration!
Hugs,t

Cor* said...

Wonderful color choices! and layout is super kewl! I adore your papers! I think I def NEED this image!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh Amy . . .the blues and oranges work so well together . . . complimentary colors! :) Absolutely stunning!

donna mikasa said...

So adorable! Her outfit reminds me of school girls in Japan, especially those knee socks! Fabulous mix of papers and a great sketch, too! Have an awesome weekend, Amy!

Sarah Rice said...

Awesome job on the challenge Amy!! Your coloring is amazing!