Monday, August 8, 2011

He'll cast a spell on you...

Hi guys!

I am jumping into the middle of the Tickled Pink previews for the NEW Spinks and Spooks Halloween collection. The Pink Ladies and the Pinkettes are alternating days to show you new images in both stamp ranges. The Lil Haunts 2 are illustrated by Christina Dee and this collection also comes with a Halloween sentiment release designed by the talented Ann.

Today we are bringing you Wizard Eric and like I said in my post title, this li'l dude is sure to cast a spell on you with his magical ways! He looks so intent and determined that I knew right away he needed some kind of dire foe to battle with on my card. I didn't know what that would be at first but luckily I pulled out my DCWV Once Upon a Time mini stack and found Eric's perfect nemesis... a deadly fire-breathing dragon!
Not only did the paper have that great dragon silhouette but it also had the glittery gold details that I wanted to mimic in Eric's costume. So I used my gold metallic pen as well as some Gold Smooch on both his staff and the armored vest he is wearing. It looks nice and shimmery in person but as always the photo doesn't do the shimmer justice and actually makes it look pretty flat. Oh well, what can ya do?!


As always it wouldn't be a Tickled Pink Stamps preview without a prize, so head on over to the Tickled Pink blog and leave a comment on today's post for a chance at winning your very own Lil Haunt Wizard Eric rubber stamp! And while you are there be sure to check out all of the magical Eric cards that my fellow Pink Ladies have created.

Later gators!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- DCWV (Once Upon a Time)
stamps- Tickled Pink (Lil Haunt Wizard Eric), October Afternoon (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox wicked black
Making Memories decorative brads
EK Success gold pen
Clearsnap Smooch gold
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- C5, C7, C9, B29
eyes- BG13, BG07
clothes- R46, R59, R89, RV69, RV99, T5, T7, T9, BV25, BV29, R24, R29

16 comments:

Tress said...

This card is stunning! (Even if the gold doesn't shine in the picture).

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Amy!!

Jeanette said...

OMGosh Amy! You are always able to pick the PERFECT DP for your images. I just LOVE how you have showcased this amazing Lil Wizard Eric stamp!
Hugs Jeanette

Creations by Shirl said...

A fabulous card Amy ~ luv the dragon silhouette in the background, it was just a perfect DP for your TPS.... great colors going on with the red/gold...
Have a super duper day!

Lau W said...

Wow your card is nice, love the silhouette, and of course, Eric is really cute !
xxx

Danni said...

Totally amazing! Another "perfect" card!! Love your coloring too..the folds are amazing!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is great.

donna mikasa said...

Such an amazing card! You always find the perfect patterned papers! Love the touches of gold--so magical!

Kelly Booth said...

Just A abulous card Amy....Love this!

Arabella said...

Gorgeous colouring Amy and that sentiment is fabulous!

Arabella

Alice said...

this is amazing. love love your coloring on his robe. absolutely fabulous card, Amy!

~* steph :) *~ said...

always love how you choose the perfect papers for your cards! what an amazing scene. love how you've colored up eric too. thanks for sharing and have a lovely nite! *hugs* steph :)

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just wonderful! I love how Eric looks with this paper. I have not seen that paper before and WOW does it make a statement. Love your coloring as always. I have had a weird day and came home early from work due to a headache, so I don't even know how hot we got today. Sunday when we went for our walk at 5:30am there was dew on the car windows. However it ended up being in the 90s by afternoon. WHo knows! Hugs, Lisa :O)

Karyn S said...

great card Amy - I love all the rich red colours and the gold glimmer!

Brenda said...

This is just such a fun card. I love your sentiment!! So fun!! the perfect paper and your added gold touches just make it come to life! Absolutely a fabulous fun card!!
Hugs~Bren

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
Wow!! This is fabulous! I can picture the gold and it's really bright in my mind. Fantastic scene and he can cast a spell on me anytime. I'm a sucker for wizards. hehehe.
have a great week!! :)