Sunday, March 25, 2012

Everything you do...

Hi-dee-ho stamparistas!

Are you finding time to get a lot of stamping and coloring done this weekend?
I'm doing pretty good with a nice balance of outdoor and indoor time. it sure doesn't hurt that the mornings are still pretty cold so until that afternoon sun comes out I've been happily cleaning and playing in my crafty room.

And look who arrived in my mailbox yesterday! It's Thank You Mae from the new SOG spring release... don'tcha just love her? I tore into that package as soon as I got it back into the house and Mae was inked up and ready to go just minutes later. And since I already had these papers pulled from a previous project the card came together almost as quickly, LOL!
I had a lot of fun coloring her up and even experimented a bit with her skin and hair combos. I'm more than happy with how they both came out too which always feels great. I also had fun making that butterfly embellishment. It's an idea that I found on Pinterest a while back and I've kinda become addicted to making these corrugated cuties. This is the first one that I've actually put on a card but I think the rustic charm of the kraft and natural twine are a nice fit with this country cutie in her flouncy denim skirt. ;)

Alrighty, they say there is no rest for the wicked and I've got plenty that I should be tackling today so with that I'll be signing off.
Until next time... stay crafty! ☺
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/sticker- We R Memorykeepers (Good Day Sunshine)
stamp- Some Odd Girl (Thank You Mae)
ink- memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Prima flowers and pearls
ribbon
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Papertrey Ink twine
EK Success and Martha Stewart butterfly punches
EK Success paper crimper
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E01, E13, BV01. R00, R20, R14
eyes- BG72, BG75, BG78
hair- YR30, Y11, E50, E30, E33
clothes- B93, B95, B97, Y0000, Y00, 0, E40, W00, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG67, E84, E87, E89

16 comments:

Hlora said...

Amy, it is brilliant!!!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥

Chelsea said...

love all of the papers and designs together.

Lau W said...

Oh so lovely card, with so nice papers !
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

So very fresh and sun filled! A very cheerful card. Love the hair color - totally gonna copy it! Have a great rest of the weekend.

Arabella said...

Gorgeous Amy! I love the colour combo and the butterfly is so cool!

Arabella

Creations by Shirl said...

Fantabulous Amy - great colour/combo....

Cathy Pulickal said...

This made me smile, Amy! SO bright and colorful - LOVE love LOVE.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card.

Annette Allen said...

WOW Amy she is beautiful...I love how you colored her..

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

I love her Amy! You have done such a great job of colouring her up and those papers go beautifully!:)

Marianne said...

Just gorgeous, Amy!
Love the new stamp and the colour combo, and that butterfly embellishment is such a fab idea.
Marianne x

Leanne said...

She's pretty!! I love her hair, I actually would love that hair cut, not the color, I would not make a nice looking blonde. lol.. Anyhoos, love the paper combos and that green ribbon is a nice touch. Pretty terrifik job Amy!
:)

RiNNE said...

The corrugated butterfly is the perfect embellishment...especially to that chevron DP (which is what I'm obsessed with). She is tooo cute!

Cami said...

Hi Amy! This is such a sweet and adorable card! Love the way you did the butterflies! Cheerful Spring-y card with soft colors.

chrilvian said...

ooo adorable girl
looks like me....hahaha but i have more fat,hahahahah