Friday, March 16, 2012

Some bunny to love...

Mornin' friends and TGIF!

Since I'm still dreaming of more spring like weather I thought that today's card could take me faaaar away from the cold. You see, I had a new Konnichiwa paper pad looking all bright and fresh sitting on my table just begging me to take a trip with it. And who was I to disagree? All I could do was try to find the perfect traveling companion to help take me there. Luckily, I knew just the gal who would be right at home on this springy scene... little Akemi from Sister Stamps. Isn't she an absolute doll? I love her with her sweet bunny friend. And even though she is part of the Sister Stamps Easter release I think she works just as well for a less holiday themed card too. :)

The actual card itself was pretty quick to come together as I relied heavily on the paper to do the work for me. I even used it to paper piece her clothes... with a bit of shading added to the print with my Copics. And when I spotted that great pagoda sticker that came with the line I absolutely had to use it. I know that I tend to say this a lot but I really, really love how this one turned out.

Well, I suppose it's time for me to scoot and face the less than spring-like reality of the day ahead of me, LOL!
Later gators!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/sticker- Basic Grey (Konnichiwa)
stamps- Sister Stamps (Akemi), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown
prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls and gems
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- W5, W7, W9
clothes- BG70, BG72, B52, R24, R29, E09, R00, R02, R32, YG95, YG97, YG23, E40, W00, R02

22 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! This is absolutely adorable Amy. Love the image, papers and the flowers.

Mette said...

Really fabulous card Amy and those are some sweet papers. Love the cute image and her kimono.

Hugs, Mette

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is so Adorable!!! I love that paper! What an Awesome pagoda too! love your paper piecing!!
Have an Awesome weekend!!!
hugs, Heidi

Tina said...

so cute! have a nice day,tina

Rhonda Miller said...

How sweet. I love the flowers and the cute image.

Mimi said...

so adorable! Akemi is so cute with Daba... love her kimono!The paper is gorgeous with all the perfect details! Have a fabulous weekend Amy! ;D

Lau W said...

Such a faboulous card again ! The image is so so cute !!!!
xxx

Jenny said...

I saw this paper too- love what you did with it! And totally love how you did her hair! I'll have to try that. TFS!

Danni said...

I've resisted that paper but man, it's calling me!
Such a sweet and darling card!!

glowegal said...

Oh my goodness, this is beautiful!!! Great coloring and great use of paper! Stunning!

Isa said...

You´re a great artist, Amy !! jajja

Shari said...

Oh,my! I just love this card... It is just too, too cute. You are such an inspiration, Amy.

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh that is so darn cute. I love those papers and the images are just too cute. Nice.
mwah
Trace

Delphine said...

Absolutely gorgeous and super cute!!! WOW!!! Hugs Delphine xx

Leanne said...

Wow Amy!! This is pretty & fabulous! The papers are gorgeous and I love how you paper pieced Akemi's kimono. Better than any Hallmark greeting card in my book.
Hope you enjoyed your day!
;)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, This is just so cute! I love her with her little bunny and her stuffed bunny as well. Your coloring is amazing as always my friend. I hope you had a great Friday... My day went fast and the wind died down enough so that when I got off at 5pm we were able to get a quick walk in. Ahhhh makes my whole day and actually takes the tired out of you. lol.... I have work in the am, but hoping to have an awesome weekend all in all. Hugs, Lisa

1LuvnMama said...

Terrific Amy! :) I just luv what you did with Akemi and the Konnichiwa papers are perfect! I had to get me a bunch of these Asian papers myself and have yet to use them. I like hoarding them! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Lovely, lovely and ... lovely!!. :)

RiNNE said...

Terrific!!!!! I love the scene!! How genius of you to shade your paper pierced clothes!! The pagoda is perfect and I looove all the little critters! Those cherry blossoms are so pretty!

Tonje said...

Great card, Amy. The image is super cute and the paper is gorgeous!

Hlora said...

it is lovely and ... more lovely!!. :)

Aluap said...

Great card!! Absolutely gorgeous :) I love this stamp :D