Friday, March 23, 2012

I ♥ the 80's!

Well hello there!

I hope all is well on this fine Friday. I'm hoping for a bit more sunshine but other than that you'll get no complaints from me. :)

So I recently got a request to do a coloring tut on how I would tackle the challenge of 80's Anya's massive amount of wavy hair. Since I couldn't even remember the last time that I had inked her up I thought that yesterday would be the perfect time to pull her back out and show her some love on a video that you can see here or over on the Color Me Copic Blog. Hopefully it shows anyone who has been scared off from coloring wavy hair like Anya's that it isn't really very difficult, just a bit more time consuming than simpler styles.
Once her hair was done it was time to get this 80's girlie onto a card that would do her justice. Luckily I came across this great star paper in an old Sassafras 6x6 pad and it totally brought me back to my 80's childhood. So all of the other scrap papers were pulled to match it and I finished the card off with a bit of glittery tulle and friendship pins. Does anyone else remember making these back in the day and trading them with friends? I had a pair of Converse covered in these pins, LOL!

I'm also entering this card into the Monday Fun Day challenge #25 over on the Farm Fresh challenge blog. It's to use circles and/or scallops and I gave Anya a nice big circle to stand in. Kind of like a spotlight to shine down on this 80's starlet. ;)

Ok, time for me to jet... TTFN!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Sassafras (Nerdy Bird stars), SEI (purple), My Mind's Eye (orange), Frances Meyer (pink)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (80's Anya)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Making Memories tulle and rub on sentiment
safety pins
beads
My Favorite Things chat bubbles dienamics
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R02, B00, YG00
hair- E31, E33, E35, E39
clothes- RV11, RV13, RV14, V04, V06, V17, B69, B79, BV29, Y35, Y38, YR04

15 comments:

Mary J said...

She is so fun Amy!! Love the papers, so perfect with her!

Arabella said...

Super cute Amy! Perfect paper for 80's and no, I don't think we did those pins in NZ. They look great on your card though!

Arabella

Tress said...

Too too cute!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is super cute. I saw her for sale on the Farmers Market yesterday but she was Sold Out already by the time I got online. sniff sniff! I had a late start online. My daughter had a field trip to the zoo so I took off work to go with her and her class. It was a Beautiful day out!!
Well hope your weekend is Awesome!and totally cool!!
hugs, Heidi

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun card. TFS.

Creations by Shirl said...

Cute fun card...
love those star papers too..

Juls said...

Hi Amy,

I am playing ctach up again, checking out all your gorgeous cards that I have missed, love this card, the little net detail is just perfect! Hugs Juls

Leanne said...

O Love how you colored the rest of her! That paper is awesome and those friendship pins really take me back!! Thanks for bringing back some nostalgic memories today. Have a gr8 weekend!
;)

Tara Godfrey said...

Your card is totally rad, Amy!!! As soon as I saw the friendship pins I had a chuckle as I SO remember, making them, trading them and putting them on my running shoes too. You totally ROCKED this throw back to the 80's!!! Love the sentiment too...LOVE it all!
Hugs,t

Tracy said...

Talk about a throwback. The 80's were THE BEST decade ever. Love this card Amy. The star paper reminds me of Gem (remember that cartoon!) The friendship pins are the perfect touch. I remember having them all over my shoelaces. LOL! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. =)

gobeagirl said...

Like this is soooo cute! Like I just love her hair and I am heading over to watch you color her up. Like I so remember making those pens as well, and of course we also had our pins that had all of our favorite bands' names and or pictures on them as well. lol.. Really cute card Amy. Hope you are having a great day. We got snow yesterday morning and then by 1pm it was over 55 and all the snow was long gone. I love it! lol... Hugs, Lisa

Gloria Lee said...

Just ordered her yesterday, can't wait to ink her up, while listening to some 80's flashbacks. Thanks for the tutorial.

Rachel Parys said...

This is so cute! I love the colors! I just bought her from the Farmer's Market, and now I can't wait to ink her up! It's like, totally awesome! ;)

Isa said...

Really funny !!!!! jajja It´s cute !! ;)

RiNNE said...

O. M. G. she is sooo stellar! Like, I just LOOOOOVe her!! LOL! That paper is perfect, and your coloring is amazing! :)