Friday, March 2, 2012

Good day sunshine...

T to the G to the I to the F!

Is March coming in like a lion for you too? Considering I'm starting off the month with cold and snow you had better believe that I"m hoping the old adage holds true and that 30 days from now spring will really, truly be here... just like a soft and sweet little lamb. :)

So I wanted to play along with this week's Flutter By challenge, which is open, and still keep within my personal challenge to ink up the neglected stamps in my stash. Can you believe that I had never used this beautiful Fairy Isabelle stamp before? Tsk, tsk... I feel like such a bad stamper! But I'm going to just tell myself that she was waiting for the perfect paper to come along, yea that's it. ;)
I did alter her just a bit though to help further tell the story that I wanted to with this card. All I did was stamp one of the dandelion puffs around her hand and drew in some closed fingers to hold it. Oh, and if you couldn't tell, I was playing around with that great YR27 again. It's in a different combination that gave me a more orange rather than golden finished look but it's still quickly becoming another fave hair combo I think.

Okey dokey, time for me to sign off. Have a good one!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/stickers- We R Memorykeepers (Good Day Sunshine)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (Fairy Isabelle), We R Memorykeepers (Dragonfly Petals)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft pearls
Divine Twine
Sharpie white marker
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R14
hair- YR20, YR21, E97, YR27
eyes- G43, YG67, B000, 0
clothes- Y00, Y02, Y15, YG13, YG17
wings- G0000, G00

18 comments:

Tonje said...

Stunning card! Love the altering you did.

Mette said...

Slap your hand for not using this wonderful stamp before but better late than never. As always Amy I love your cards - so bright with their own little story to tell.
Hope you will get warmer weather soon - it's slowly warming here.

Hugs, Mette

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So sweet and delicate! Beautiful card Amy.

Isa said...

So beautiful Amy, love the little one flying with the flowers and the pearls !! Nice ;)

Madu said...

super!!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE another Gorgeous creation. love your card. Can't believe you hadn't inked her up before!!! Have an Awesome weekend!!
hugs, Heidi

Dangina Martinez said...

She is just lovely. I like the matching DP. Here in California, we are praying for alot more rain. Staying between 60 and 70. I love it:)
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is such a cute little fairy! Don't you just wish that you could put on a cute 'short' little dress like hers and fly around for just one day? She looks so happy that Spring is on it's way. I think your card just might push it to get busy with the whole "Wow the birds are singing and the sun is shining" idea. :O) Hope you are having a great Friday so far. I am being a VERY BAD mom and letting the M&Ms stay home today. Yes, I am weak...but they have been so good about school this year and they have been working so hard this week I just couldn't help myself. Hugs, Lisa

Marianne said...

Ah, this is so sweet. Love how you've used the dandelion stamp. Also love the stitched orange photo corners and the orange sentiment thingy. They finish the card off perfectly.
If all goes well, we'll have a sunny day with warm temperatures (18 °C) tomorrow. Looking forward to it...

Anne said...

gorgeous as always Amy
Anne x

biggirlbri said...

WOW what a pretty card! I am loving Fairy Isabelle. Great colors and well everything!!! Love the new YR27. It's great. Another perfect card Amy. A+A+A+
Tiffany

Danni said...

I have her and don't think she's seen ink either..tsk, tsk!! Good for you for getting her inky!
Pretty card with such happy colors! thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful.

RiNNE said...

What a gorgeous creation! I love the simplicity of this card-- the photo corners are such a nice touch!

Annie Rose said...

Gorgeous! :)

Amanda R said...

I always love seeing what you create Amy and this is no exception. Great color for her hair and I love the soft yet vibrant coloring of the fairy. Thanks for playing along with us at Flutterby Wednesdays this week!

Kim said...

Such a stunning card. I just love your coloring with the copics!

Hugs Kim

Leanne said...

O yea, she's gorgeous!! Love the papers and the colors and layout. Ha! I love it all!! Go figure. (LOL) She's very pretty in those colors.
Amazing card Amy!
Thanks for playing in our Flutterby Wed challenge!
;)