Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Easter Sweetie

Hey there!

Yesterday I managed to get my March start-to-finish card videos done and just in time too!
With the Easter holiday getting closer and closer I thought that it would be fun to create an Easter card this time around. That and I kinda wanted to play with these new Doodlebug papers that recently arrived in my mailbox. ;)

When it came time to choose a stamp to ink up for this one I actually skimmed past the actual Easter images and was instead drawn to this sweet Country Lula from CC Designs. How easy would it be to transform her into an Easter cutie simply by coloring her gathered eggs in various dyed colors? So I colored her up to match the Doodlebug papers and proceeded to put it all together.
If you would like to see how it all came together you can watch the videos here, here and here or find them over on the Color Me Copic blog. It's a pretty simple design but I thought that was best considering how busy and bright DB prints can tend to be and I didn't want to pull focus from Lula.

Ok, well that's all I've got for today... smooches! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/stickers- Doodlebug (Hello Spring)
stamps- CC Designs (Country Lula), Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Creative Cafe rub on stitches
Doodlebug limeade twine
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E01, E13, E15, R00, R20
hair- YR12, E97, E99, E39
clothes- RV52, RV55, RV17, Y13, Y35, Y38, E40, W00, 0
eggs- RV52, RV55, Y38, YR16, Y13, Y17, YG00, YG03, BG000, BG02, V12, V17

22 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy this is such a beautiful card. Love how simple yet effective it is. I always love looking at your colouring too :)

Lau W said...

Oh so adorable card, love your papers !
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

Very cute, love the colors you used on the image. Those spring papers are so pretty.

Heidi Brawley said...

love it!!! love the little bunny she is holding too! too cute!!! Well you are so up on me!! I have not made a single Easter card yet. OMG I have been soo busy when I have been off from work between Brooke, the new puppy, relatives in town visiting,& have had to make a lot of Bday cards, still getting Thank You cards done from Brooke's 6th Bday party...I made her write them all out on the insides. That is VERY time consuming!!
Well have an Awesome day!
hugs,Heidi

Kelly Schelske said...

Super sweet Amy!

Juls said...

too cute!!! Love all the stitching detail! Hugs Juls

Jenny said...

Hey, you gave her a Daba! So cute!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOW, super cute. So colorful and bright. Totally love it.

corryskaart said...

hoi amy
een echt sweety voor de pasen heel erg vrolijk van kleur!
groetjes van corry

Isa said...

So precious card !! Love this image ;)

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful and cute card!

Mimi said...

Totally too sweet Amy! Loved watching the videos, especially putting the card all together! The hardest part for me is coordinating the papers... TFS your thoughts as you pick them! Have a great day Amy! ;D

Danni said...

This is such a sweet card! How creative to give Country Lulu some Easter eggs vs. farm fresh ones! Love it!

Mette said...

Ah - such a fabulous easter card Amy. Fresh and happy colours and love the image.

Hugs, Mette

Stephanie said...

I love the idea of making Country Lula into an Easter Girl, so easy to do but I probably would've never thought of that! Saw your videos on this card and loved watching it all come together!TFS!

Leanne said...

Very sweet Amy! Those colored eggs are lovely and the cute bunny is a really nice touch.
;)

Mary J said...

That is so cool, Amy! Fresh, sweet and gorgeous - love it!

Karla said...

what a cute card!!This is adorable

Cami said...

A very, very sweet and pretty Easter card, Amy! That Doodlebug paper is so pretty with all the spring flowers in soft pastels, and your Country Lula is just perfect! Look at how tiny those eggs in her basket and pocket are...and you color so neatly!!!

gobeagirl said...

Ok my friend, your videos and your post should come with a warning. I'm thinking something like "Caution, this could be hazarous to your wallet!" lol... I loved watching your videos and I love, love this paper, so when I found it on Twopeas I just had to buy some. I just got it in the mail today and I can not wait until tomorrow to play with it. Have a great weekend. hugs, Lisa

RiNNE said...

I agree with Lisa above, LOL! This paper is so beautiful, and I always find new stuff on your blog that I. MUST. HAVE! Lovely card!

RiNNE said...

I think you secretly own a scrapbook store at the back of your house, huh? How else would you be able to choose these fabulous papers :)? Awesome Easter card, Amy!