Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hi friend

Olo!

So... ummm... yea... I recently made the mistake of starting on a book series and when that happens I kinda get a bit obsessed with reading at the expense of everything else I may have going on. This is especially bad when the books are awesome too, because it becomes so hard for me to pull myself away from whatever world I've become immersed in. Currently it is The Hunger Games trilogy that I'm a bit obsessed with. I got through the first book in a day and I'm only a third of the way through Catching Fire. I'm really loving this story but I'm trying very hard to be smart about my time management and not neglect everything and just read, read, read. I blame Pinterest and the upcoming movie release for peeking my interest because I always try to read a book before seeing the movie version. That way my vision and take on the characters and the world they inhabit aren't being influenced by Hollywood, which is way more enjoyable for me. Yes, you can add Book Nerd to my ongoing list of nerdy attributes, LOL! ;)

Why am I sharing all of this you may ask? Well, because I was trapped in Panem much of last night, I didn't leave myself a lot of time to make a card. So you know what I did? I flipped through a basket of past cards that either haven't sold or been sent off and found an oldie but a goodie that could use a slight image facelift. When I originally made this card, probably about three years ago, I was still using the not-so-great Georgia Pacific cardstock and the resulting coloring was definitely not up to my current standards. So I salvaged the perfectly good card and printed out a new Wryn from Tiddly Inks to replace the old image. I have to say that I think Wryn looks like she was supposed to be here all along. Quick, easy and nothing had to go to waste... love that!

Alrighty, I do have things I need to do today but no promises that I won't sneak in a couple chapters here and there. ;)

May the odds be ever in your favor my friends!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/die-cut- KI Memories (Birthday)
digital stamp- Tiddly Inks (Wryn Whatcha Doin')
ink- Colorbox dark brown
Prima flowers
buttons
pearls
ribbon
Fiskars border punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- B63, B66, BV08, Y17, Y13, G07, BG05, RV09
background- E31, BG000, 0

20 comments:

Hlora said...

It looks very joyful! Great funny image) Love the nice and joyful papers you used here too)))

Madu said...

как всегда ваши карты великолепны

Maria Therese said...

So cute!! Love love love how you colored her hair!

Leanne said...

Hehehe, she's is definitely perfect for this bright and fun card. Love all the pretty flowers.
I love to read too, and haven't yet picked up that trilogy although most of my friends say it's a must. glad you can take time in your busy schedule to read and craft. just hope you're getting sleep cause that's when I tend to read and the minutes go by so fast! hahaha.
Have a great day!
;)

Sudha said...

Lovely, colors r so cheerful

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.in/p/shop.html

Jacilynn said...

welcome to the bandwagon called Hunger Games. I've been obsessed with this for years. I can hardly contain myself for the movie to come out!
great card Amy!

Mariska said...

Sounds like these Hunger Games books are going to have to come to my house as well and I have exactly the same problem when I start a book series. I love this image you used, I have been wanting to try one of these images too but haven't had the time yet. Love your card with her. I did make time to do a card with two of your fairwees by the way, it's on the Copic Markers Europe blog if you want to have a look :). And one of the things why I love being asked to work for ATS is that I also get to work with your gorgeous images.

Hugs,
Mariska

biggirlbri said...

Love this little girl, so sweet and cute. All the flowers look so springish. Another A+ Amy! :)
Tiffany

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh this is SUPER cute Amy! Hey I sent you an email from the address you have here! It might have gone to spam as a few others have said this to me...email me if you get a chance.
melissaforquer at gmail dot com!
Hugs,
M
PS I need to ask you a question concerning Tiddly Inks :)

Juls said...

this is so cute!! love the bright coloured flowers! Hugs Juls

Anne-Marie said...

I've not heard of that book series, but will deffo have to google it...haaa! I know exactly what you mean, though....so hard to put down a really good book!
I'm in love with those Wryn images, and she certainly does look as if she belongs on your pretty, fresh-lookin' card!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, I so know what you mean. I bought the Stephen King book 11-22-63 for my Nook and I don't think I did anything but go to work and say hi to Jerry and the M&Ms for a whole week. lol... I am on the 3rd book of a 4 book series and I finally made myself put it down to get some work done. :O( It's a very hard choice sometimes. No kidding. lol... I am glad you are liking those books. I have read the first one, but not the others yet. I love love your card even if the base is old it just shouts 'SMILE' with little Wrynn on it. We just got back from an awesome walk and now I am getting down to business. I have two more cards to make before 3-7 . Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Tonje said...

You're so clever! Salvaging a card like that... that would never have occured to me to do that.. lol.... Your "new" card is fab! Wryn is just the cutest, and I love the colourful paper.

I know what you mean about getting all absorbed in a book. I do that from time to time too.... can't get anything done, just have to read, read, read...

Sandra said...

Very pretty card! And the colored image is colored perfectly like always

RiNNE said...

Oh, yes! I've been known to neglect a few things when I'm reading something really good. But that also happens to me when I'm working on an important card :). I've also been wanting to start reading The Hunger Games and the Girl with Dragon Tattoo.

Your card is terrific! I just bought some Wryns myself..love her hair and name! Very creative on the alteration!! :)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy this is super cute! I love the colouring on her hair :) So gorgeous!

Regan said...

Amy, love your coloring! Her hair looks amazing! I just bought this image today too! Love that you were able to recycle an older card, but it looks like she was there all along! Very clever and time efficient! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Oh... My DD Marieke is also totally into those bookes... she read them all in a no time... and now she is awaiting till the movie will be available over here....
I haven't find the courage to start reading them!

Going to your card.... I don't mind seeing a goldie oldie... she still is adorable!

Hugs and we have another thing in commen.... books.... giggle

kadie said...

heehee, I'm hooked on that triology right now too (on book two). :)

Love your card...ALWAYS!! :)

Hanneke said...

What a sweet card! Lovely image! I was thinking of buying the Hunger Game series because they sound great! I'll remember not to start reading them when I don't have time, lol. Hugs, Hanneke