Saturday, March 17, 2012

More bunny love

Hello again!

So after my disappointing ending with the Hunger Games I have moved on to a different kind of read. It's the Song of Fire and Ice series that starts off with the Game of Thrones. It's much more adult themed than the last few books that I've read and I'm finding the world of Westeros, that George R.R. Martin has created, utterly fascinating.
The first season of Game of Thrones has been on HBO and was recently released on DVD. I normally try to wait and watch book based shows only after I have read the books but I couldn't resist with this one. Like I said, very adult, but my-oh-my how I LOVE it! Now my only problem is disciplining myself to not get completely lost in the books at the expense of everything else. So far so good on that one as I have only allowed myself to read just before bed each night. :)

Alrighty, onto today's card. Apparently I have a bit of a bunny theme continuing, though this time it's with one of the newer Gorjuss Girls stamps. It felt good inking this pair up for the first time and coloring them up in some spring like colors. No pastels or anything, but even if it is a bit different from a traditional Easter card, I think it could still work for the upcoming holiday. Speaking of holidays... don't forget to wear some green today so that the leprechauns won't pinch you! ;)

Ok, it's time for me to get ready for work. Have a great weekend everyone!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/stickers- Basic Grey (Plumeria)
stamps- Santoro (Love You Little Rabbit Gorjuss Girl), My Favorite Things (Pure Innocence sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft pearls
Divine Twine
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E40, E41, E42, E43
clothes- V000, RV63, RV66, YG91, YG95, YR14, YR18, BG72, BG75
bunny- E30, E31, E34, R01, R02, E40, W00

19 comments:

Madu said...

КЛАСС!!!!!!!!

Larisa said...

it is cute as always!!!

Chelsea said...

Cute. Love the colors!

chrilvian said...

aaahh, so cute

Nancy Thomas said...

So pretty - love the colors of her clothing/stockings.

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful Amy ♥ Love the light spring colors too!

Dangina Martinez said...

Gorgeous colors and coloring!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, this is to cute.

Mimi said...

Amy, so adorable! such pretty papers and borders, and the Gorjuss Girl is just "gorjuss"! Have a fantastic day! ;D

yvon said...

Gorjuss card, love the colors you've used. So sweet.
Hugs, Yvon

Tonje said...

So pretty. Loooove the Gorjuss girl and her rabbit, and love the colours you've used to colour her in with.

The first season of Game of Thrones has been on TV here in Norway too. I absolutely loved it, so I'm considering buying the books myself.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. Thanks for the info on the new books your reading. I looked it up on my Nook and I love that they give you a sample, so I can see if I want to read it. I am amost finished with a four book series that I have been reading, so this has come at the perfect time. lol... I love your bunny theme by the way. This on is no exception either. So cute and I love how you are always able to put the such color into the stockings on her. Very very cute. I hope you have a great day at work. We were so busy and it was just the two of us. I feel like I've been run over, but that's ok as it felt like I was only there for an hour instead of five. lol... Hugs, Lisa

Marzenciuk said...

I love Game of Thrones too. I read it a month ago and also watched serial. I can't wait next season.

This card is absoluttely lovely :)

AtStudioD said...

I have a few Gorjuss stamps, but am so intimidated to try coloring them.. lol.

Anyway, thanks for sharing such a cute card.

x0, D

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Soooo sweet and adorable.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is sooooo darn cute! love it!
hugs, Heidi

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

Team Craftwell
blog.craftwellusa.com

Leanne said...

Aw, very cute! I love how you colored her stockings! Adorable!!
;)

RiNNE said...

i miss reading books!! :) hope this new one has a better ending for you. awesome card...the color scheme is very pretty!