Monday, March 5, 2012

Making Wishes...

Hey there!

Are you ready to start a brand new week? This one is going to be chock full of new release previews from Tickled Pink, CC Designs and Sweet November here on the ol' blog. But first I've got one free day before all the hoopla begins to check another un-inked stamp off my list. :)

This little beauty didn't actually have to wait too long since I only just got her about a week ago. This is Wishes and she is one of the newest Nouveau Girls from Some Odd Girl. And bonus... she's a fairy too! I just love her so much and couldn't wait to get her on a card. When I started searching for just the right papers to to create her home I was lucky enough to come across this Once Upon a Springtime paper pad by Graphic 45. I say lucky because I really don't have much from Graphic 45... they just aren't my usual style. But I think it was the Nouveau inspired designs that appealed to me in the first place with this one. Talk about kismet. I don't think Wishes could have found a more perfect place to perch. I also played around with a different skin tone combo on her. It turned out very light and could probably use a bit more tweaking but it does fit the muted tones of the paper pretty well.

Alrighty, time to go get ready for work. See ya tomorrow when all of the preview fun starts!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Graphic 45 (Once Upon a Springtime)
stamp- Some Odd Girl (Nouveau Girl Wishes), Verve (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Sharpie white marker
Sakura stardust glitter pen and clear glaze pen
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E21, E13, BV00, R02, R24, YG91, YG93
eyes- BV23, BV25, BV29, BG000, 0
hair- E35, E57, E59, W9
clothes- G40, G43, G46, YR00, YR02, Y21, Y26, Y28, Y13, R22, R02
wings- YG0000, G000, G00

27 comments:

Mette said...

This is lovely Amy. Loving the soft colours and papers. This is such a wonderful image.

Can't wait to see what you have to show this month :).
Hugs, Mette

biggirlbri said...

WOW what a beautiful card! Love the papers and colors. The fairy is exquisite!!! Another Awesome card Amy.
Tiffany

Auntie Em said...

Your little Wishes looks right at home with those beautiful flowers behind her. Great colouring! :)

Isa said...

Oh Amy, love this little fairy !! It´s a beautiful card :D

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous...

Lau W said...

So sweet fairy ! Your papers are wonderful ! Such a nnice card again !
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

I love the coloring Amy - the peaches and cream skintones are perfect for her clothing and the dp. Stunning card!

Hlora said...

wow! it is very nice!!!

gobeagirl said...

Amy I think this is just beautiful! I love her lighter tone as you are so right it really goes with the papers that you have used. It makes your card look like a painting. Hope you have a great Monday. Hugs, Lisa

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE she is Beautiful! Love your card! Gorgeous as Always! Have a GREAT week!
hugs, Heidi

Juls said...

this is so sweet and gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

Creations by Shirl said...

such a sweet image on a pretty made card Amy....love it...

Mimi said...

oh she's so pretty! gorgeous peachy color with the soft green! and so pretty papers! have a great day! ;)

chrilvian said...

wowww, really amazing

Rhonda Miller said...

This is lovely.

Sandra said...

Wowza, this card is amazing. You're so good at coloring and shading! Stunning!

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

OMG Amy!!! Her dress.... AMAZING!!!!
I'm so in love with how you made all the shadown and the flow in it. Really a work of art.... gotta learn that too!!!
And how funny..... Watch my card on my blog and see what papers I used....

Honey... I love this card.... so so speechless with this one.....
Big hug

Cami said...

Amy, this is so pretty and I think her skin tone looks perfect for this very delicate image...so sweet! The way you colored her dress is awesome and the "folds" are something I haven't mastered yet, as well as the highlights in her hair. I'm glad you always post the Copic colors you use. Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Cami

Karla said...

This is lovely Amy. Loving the soft colours and papers. This is such a wonderful image.

Karla said...

This is lovely Amy. Loving the soft colours and papers. This is such a wonderful image.

Angela W. said...

Wow! I love the fairy she is beautiful. Colors are perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Angela
gypsydreamdesigns.blogspot.com

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Amy this is so beautiful! I love your colouring and those gorgeous papers go beautifully!

fredalexmom said...

Wow. This is truly an amazing card.

Craftdee said...

Gor-juss!!! The flower embellies are just perfect with the papers, and your colouring is its usual perfection! Donna♥

Tonje said...

This is SO beautiful! The colours go so well together and the image is gorgeous!

Leanne said...

o my, she is beautiful Amy. Love the color choices and the papers are beautiful!!
Fabulous card!!
Hope you are having a great day!
;)

RiNNE said...

Ok, ummm, I have a confession to make...shhhh! I may get in trouble for saying this. But I just love your card out of all the DT's creation! Your coloring just gives her so much depth and character! And I love what you did with the Graphic 45 papers and how the card is designed. I love SOG but I wasn't drawn into buying this stamp until now... Stunning!