Thursday, March 22, 2012

Like a rainbow...

Hola!

Guess who has the day off today? Me! And guess who has most of her to-do list already done? That would also be me. Yeah! So I'm hoping to get a coloring video done... keep my fingers crossed, LOL! :)

I made my card for this week's open Flutter By challenge and I couldn't resist inking up little Shimmer Bean for it. I recently picked up this cool cloud print paper that made for a fun sky backdrop and then I just pulled random scraps out of one of my scrap bags. I went against my usual instincts to line everything up perfectly and instead just stapled the paper strips all together and left them kind of wonky. The bright colors in the striped paper gave me the rest of my direction for finishing the whole thing off, what with the rainbow reference in the sentiment and even coloring up Shimmer to look like a bright ray of sunshine after the storm. It all turned out a little quirky and crazy, and other than wanting to straighten those paper strips, I'm happy with it. ;)

Alrighty, time for me to see about that video. Have a good one my friends!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and COpic X-Press It
paper- GCD Studio (Oh Happy Day), American Crafts (quail), Frances Meyer (stripe)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Shimmer Bean), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, rich cocoa and Colorbox creamy brown
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R2o
hair- Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y38
clothes- B000, B00, B02
wings- B0000
flower- RV32, RV34, RV21, RV17

12 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy she is a cutie! Love your colouring and the bright papers. Those clouds are fantastic too! :)

chrilvian said...

ooo so sweet

Annette Allen said...

so adorable...love this new image from TGF...your cards are always so cute..

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Aw, Amy this is just so sweet & cute!

Rhonda Miller said...

She is adorable. Your card is so cute.

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card ♥

Suzanne Bier said...

Such a sweet card...love that little Shimmer Bean...and the colors you chose for her and your card are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Arabella said...

Gorgeous Amy! Yay you for leaving those strips of paper crooked!

I hope you get to make your video... I have been watching lots of yours lately.

Arabella

Leanne said...

Super, super cute Amy!! I wish I had my Glimmer Bean stamp, hopefully she will be there when I get home today. Love the blues and the clouds, yes she does bring lots of sunshine to the card. Love her!
Thanks for playing with us at FBW this week!!
;)

gobeagirl said...

Amy this turned out so cute and I love her hair color. Very bright and sunny looking. I love your papers the way you have used them, but I so know what you mean about wanting to make them all even. lol... Your so funny. I like your tiny staples to add that little extra touch as well. Too cute! Hugs, Lisa

♥Rach♥ said...

What an adorable layout! Love the circle and sentiment, very bright and pretty.

RiNNE said...

Awww, I finally got my bean stamps too! Your card is just perfect for Spring! I'm glad you got everything done on your list...me, not so much. So so busy, but I'm just glad I'm getting to catch up on your blog and amazing cards!