Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Kiss the sun...

Mornin' friends!

It's time for a review preview of the newest CC Designs stamps over on the ATS blog today. I'm joining in the fun with a card featuring the sweet new Butterfly Lucy. I have to admit that there is something about the look of the Swiss Pixies from the last few releases that has me reaching for slightly more vintage/retro type colors and patterns to pair up with them. I'm not sure why exactly, but I just think the pretty, homespun looking papers suit them to a 'T'. Thus, my decision to pull out this Cosmo Cricket Togetherness paper from awhile back. All of the prints on this card are actually from the cover sheet that came with the collection kit and since I can never seem to bring myself to throw those away, I was glad to finally use it! Throw in a bit of twine and some lovely crochet flowers that my sis made for me, and this card came together rather quickly.

Now don't forget to check out what the rest of my fellow ATS teamies have created to share and inspire using the March Swiss Pixies. You can find all of their beautiful cards over on the ATS blog.
Well, I guess I should go get ready for the day... have a good one! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Cosmo Cricket (Togetherness)
stamps- CC Designs (Butterfly Lucy and Spring Logos)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Shabby Green Door twine
crochet flowers from my sis :)
Kaiser Craft pearls
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
K&Co rub on stitches
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- Y32, Y21, Y26, E35
clothes- BG000, BG11, BG15, BG57, R24, R29, E09, E50, E30, 0, Y35, Y17, Y13, E55, Y11, Y13, Y18

30 comments:

Hlora said...

It is very suuny)) Great yellow colour - so warm and good)))

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable card! Love the colors and the Irish Blessing.

Kathy

Annette Allen said...

so adorable...great color combo and love that image...

Mette said...

A card full of sunshine and butterflies. Just what we need on this dul day. Fabulous card Amy and love your colouring.

Hugs, Mette

bex said...

I love that new stamp.
She is so cute.
You did such a great job with your card. Really beautiful.

bex
http://kawaiikrafts.blogspot.com/

Juls said...

so sweet!! Love the little crochet flowers!! Hugs Juls

bex said...

Such a sweet and simple card. I love all the details. Awesome job!

bex
http://kawaiikrafts.blogspot.com/

Creations by Shirl said...

Great new release image and love the colour/combo on your card Amy....
Hope you are having a great Wednesday...

Lissa said...

I see vintage when I look at these guys too! She's gorgeous! LOVE the crocheted flowers as well. The little turquoise pearls are a perfect touch. :)

HUGS!
~Lissa
http://www.scrappynites.com

Nancy Thomas said...

So pretty Amy - love your paper choices as well as the croched flowers. Beautiful coloring as always.

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! love the colors, the crochet flowers, the MS butterlies, well I LOVE THE WHOLE card!!!!
hugs, Heidi

Lau W said...

Superb card with summer's colors ! adorable !
xxx

Danni said...

So very sweet!! I love this latest release so much, hoping that it will rain $$ so I can get a few of them! LOL!!
Adorable and wonderful card!

Maria Therese said...

Gooorgeous!

jeanne girl said...

Absolute sweetness on this card :) I like how you placed the sentiment on the front of this one. Great coloring too!!!

yvon said...

Gorgeous and love how you colord her hair. Real sunny card.
Hugs, Yvon

Joy said...

awe! this is so cute! love your layout and the coloring is awesome! what a cute image! guess that's where I am heading off to now...lol! have a good hump day!

Kelly Schelske said...

Awe, so sweet Amy!

Tonje said...

I'm loving this card. So bright and "sunny"... Image is cute too.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy this is just so gorgeous! Love the papers and layout and your colouring is just amazing! :)

Mimi said...

this is so pretty! love the color combo... so spring like! we're having lots of rain this week, so can't wait for the beautiful sunshine! have a great day Amy! ;)

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, your Lucy is just adorable! I love your color scheme and the way you colored her hair and little shoes. Are those your sister's little flowers? ADORABLE!!! She should sell them, they are the perfect size. Hope your are having a great week so far. Hope that nasty snow you have is melting fast. Hugs, Lisa

Sudha said...

So cute. Love the stamp n the colors too.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.in/p/shop.html

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Cami said...

Amy, you're such an enabler! The other day, I bought Bunny Lucy, and now, I fell in love with this Butterfly Lucy and guess what? I went back to ATS and bought her! I didn't see her the other day so I'm glad you made this gorgeous with her! Love your coloring as always, and the way you drew in "lines" in her hair!
Hugs, Cami

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for sharing :)

Sharon said...

I'm so in love with these stamps. Love how you colored her hair!!!

RiNNE said...

Awww, the color combo is just magnificent. this card makes me smile! Those butterflies are heavenly!

Leanne said...

Aw, she is the sweetest little girl. I love the colors you chose and those papers are pretty terrific! Nice and bright. Love it!
;)

♥Rach♥ said...

Love the colors and her blonde hair is just perfect, love your hair coloring skills :0)