Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pretty Paprika

Hello, hello my stamping peeps!

It's another review preview day over on the ATS blog and this time it's all about the Sweet November duo that was released at the beginning of the month. And I couldn't wait to give Paprika a dramatically different look from the last time I colored her up. :)

Last time she was all blond and bright but for this card I wanted Paprika to look a bit more mysterious. So she has transformed into a dusky hued fairy sitting on the edge of evening, as the last few rays of the day fade to night. I paired her up with some more of the Plumeria papers because the purples worked for the look I was after and yet it was still kind of spring-like. I think it turned out very girly and pretty, just like I was hoping that it would.

Ok, so there is even more review preview fun and inspiration from the rest of the ATS and Sweet November gals to check out at ATS so be sure to hop on over there too! And all of the new March stamps can be found in the ATS store here!
Toodles!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/sticker- Basic Grey (Plumeria)
stamps- Sweet November (Spice Fairy Paprika), October Afternoon (sentiment), Papertrey Ink (Beautiful Butterflies)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox creamy brown and Tim Holtz seedless preserves distress
Kaiser Craft pearls
paper doily (from Jas... thanks Jas)
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R85
hair- C5, C7, C9
eyes- BV23, BV25, BV29
dress- RV93, RV95, RV99
wings- YG91, YG93, YG0000, YG00

20 comments:

Mette said...

Beautiful Amy. I LOVE her hair and those wings are wonderful. You're right - changing the colours makes her look totally different :).

Hugs, Mette

Heidi Brawley said...

Wow what a very Beautiful card!!!
Have a Great day.
hugs,Heidi

chrilvian said...

wowww
love the coloring of her dress

Nancy Thomas said...

I tried coloring Paprika with black hair but it was a total fail. Naturally you are the master at it!! She's gorgeous and mysterious here.

Creations by Shirl said...

Paprika turned out adorable... She is one of my fave to color too...
I love doing long hair... LOL!

Kimberly said...

WOW your colouring skills are awesome..love love it..tfs

Lau W said...

So nice design ! And the colouring is fabulous !
xxx

Rosa Forino said...

una fata dolcissima buona giornata rosa

Danni said...

I always find it amazing how colors can transform an image..the feel of it. Another gorgeous card! Really like the wings!

Anonymous said...

I just had to dash over here and comment Amy.... Paprika's dress coloring is amazing!
Love the "collage" type feel of your card too! lovely!

Mary J said...

Oh she is so gorgeous Amy! What an amazing job you've done - again!

Christines Creative Capers said...

This is a gorgeous piece of art work - I so admire your colouring, the wings and dress are simply perfect.

Arabella said...

So beautiful Amy! I love how you have done her wings especially! They kind of look like a leaf!

Arabella

Craftdee said...

Loving Paprika in all her shades :-) Just checked out your recent cards, all gorgeous, as always!! Donna ♥

Anna said...

Love how you colored her! Her dress is fantastic, and love the wings!

Leanne said...

Pretty! I love her with dark hair. The color on her dress is pretty blends right in with the butterflies. I'm so excited, I just got that paper pad in the mail today. Can't wait to cut in to it. Her wings!! So pretty!!
Fabulous card!
;)

gobeagirl said...

OMGoodness, Amy I am so sorry that I forgot to send you my card. I truly truly am. I have no excuse at all except for lack of brains. Your card is just stunning and I love the papers and flowers with Paprika. Her dress and the way you have colored it is just beautiful. I love to see the depth you are able to get out of your coloring. It is always inspiring to me. I even used your brown hair combo with the warm grey for my card today as I think it really adds to the color overall. Hugs, Lisa

♥Rach♥ said...

The shading on her dress is just ridiculously fabulous, totally love the color scheme too!

♥Rach♥ said...

The shading on her dress is just ridiculously fabulous, totally love the color scheme too!

RiNNE said...

Oh, man! This card is gorgeous! The coloring is even more amazing than usual (if that's possible). There's so much dimension on her dress and hair! The choice of DP is wonderful and I adore how unique they are!