Tuesday, March 13, 2012

If friends were flowers...

Olo!

Guess who had it snow on them all day yesterday? Yep, I would be that lucky girl... sheesh, it's mid March people! Seeing the ground all white again just seem so wrong! Ok, ok, whiny moment over. LOL

So I have a lot of wonderful online friends whom I feel blessed to have gotten to know over the years even if we haven't had the chance to meet in person yet. I also have a handful of 'real life' friends who are pretty darn amazing too. And my card and post today is for one of those very special gals.
Not many of my pals share the passion for paper crafting that I have but there is one who has recently fallen in love with Copics and stamping. It's been a thrill for me to have someone to 'talk shop' with and share tips and tricks with. She is an amazing lady and we've been having so much fun. Now imagine my astonishment when she surprised me with an amazing gift of one of these. I was shocked to say the least! Apparently she saw my post about it on CMC and was tired of seeing me schlep my markers around in Ziploc bags. LOL
I already love the bag and can't wait to tote my markers in it for our next get-together... I'm gonna be so stylin'! Thank you Kathy! :)

I made this card as part of my 'thank you' for the awesome gift. This Kraftin Kimmie Fairy Rosabelle seemed like a good fit with the funky floral paper from Basic Grey and her spunk reminds me of Kathy's upbeat attitude and zest for life. The sentiment rub on is also one that Kathy shared with me so I thought it was a perfect addition to this card for her. I hope she likes it.

Alrighty, time for me to scoot. Chat at'cha later!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (Hello Luscious)
stamp- Kraftin' Kimmie (Fairy Rosabelle)
Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
Daisy Bucket sentiment rub-on
CC Designs flower
Kaiser Craft pearls
Fiskars border punch
Sharpie white marker
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R00, R20, RV25
hair- RV10, RV13, RV14, RV19, RV69
eyes- E44, E47, BG000, 0
clothes/wings- YG91, YG93, YG95, BG11, BG34
mushroom/grass- E81, 0, Y00, Y02, Y06, Y19, YG03, YG67, YG95

15 comments:

Juls said...

stunningly gorgeous! Love the colours, her fabulous pink hair and the rounded corners to the card, fabulous make! Hugs juls

Mette said...

it's nice to have someone to craft with as you can share ideas and tips. Loving this card - lovely fresh colours and I adore Kimmie stamps :).

Hugs, Mette

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the gorgeous pink hair - goes perfectly with all the florals in the paper. And congrats on the bag - that is an awesome gift! Sorry about the snow.

Lau W said...

Oh so fesch card, love the colors ! The sentiment is super ! And this image so wonderful !
xxx

Andrea C said...

Gorgeous!!! xx

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW What an Awesome carrying case!!! I carry all mine around in Stampin' up Containers from old wood sets. You are Very lucky!!! And I LOVE your card!!! it is Beautiful!! I love the coloring Rosabella!!!! Have an Awesome day!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Cindy H. said...

Your card is beautiful!! What an awesome friend!

Marianne said...

Such a perfect card for a perfect friend. That's an awesome gift to receive from a friend.
Marianne x

Mimi said...

awww... what a beautiful card for your awesome friend! one of my favorite sentiments, and love the font on this one! have a great day Amy! ;)

Karla said...

Oh so pretty and what a lovely beautiful papers too!:)

Shaela said...

Wow, what a generous gift! Love the card - I'm sure she'll like it too. :)

biggirlbri said...

What a pretty card. Rosabelle looks perfect with the papers and the colors are great! What a great surprise from your friend Kathy! Maybe you will get lucky and this will be the last snow! :)
Tiffany

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy this is just adorable! I love your colouring and the layout...it is so beautiful! :)

RiNNE said...

Loving that funky flowered paper with that sassy fairy! Such a darling card, Amy! The colors are so sweet and lovely! Sorry about the snow!

Leanne said...

So while I was in the middle of writing up this comment I happened to click on the item you got from your friend and guess what? I ended up buying the darn thing along with some paper pads!! hahaha! Thanks to both of you for being my enablers!!
Now what I was going to say about your card is.. It's beautiful and so bright and fun! You know I love the pink hair she's got going on, and that paper, wow! Love it!
;)