Monday, March 26, 2012

Rockin' Robin...

Well hello there... are you ready to start a brand new week?
It's back to work for me today and it's gonna be a long one. Nothing I can't handle though, especially if it stays as nice out as it was yesterday. Can you believe we almost got up to 60 degrees in the afternoon? All that sunshine felt like pure heaven! :)

I must have been spring inspired too because when I sat down to make a card I was kinda surprised that I was drawn to this little fella. Don't get me wrong, I think he's totally adorbs, but when I got the new Gwen in Bloom set by Some Odd Girl, it was more for Gwen than her little pals. But then the tweets and chirps of the little birds outside my window must have been getting to me because this sweet birdie was the first of the set to be inked up. And how could I resist coloring him up to be the epitome of spring harbingers... Mr. Robin Redbreast. Or Rockin' Robin, as he's called by friends, LOL!
Seriously, once you see the robins start to nest you know that warmer weather is right around the corner.

Alrighty, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope this day is a good one for ya!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Darling Dear) and Kaiser Craft (ledger)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Gwen in Bloom), Imaginisce (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox chestnut roan
Martha Stewart birds border punch and rose leaf punch
button
Papertrey Ink twine
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
EK Success border punch
Signo White Uniball pen
Copic markers:
E53, E55, E57, R14, E08, E09, Y21, Y26, Y28, R22

12 comments:

Annie Rose said...

SO CUTE!!

Perfect birds border punch, too. I recently won this Gwen In Bloom stamp set and I can't wait to get it all inked up! :)

Hugs,
Annie Rose

gobeagirl said...

Amy he is just so weet! I love your papers and your design. You have such a gift of making the simplest of things look just fantastic! Very very sweet card and I am loving the fast that we can hear the birdies as well. Ours tend to be the family of crows that live in the HUGE pine tree that I hate in my backyard. lol... But still the first sign of Spring and I won't complain about that. Hope you have a great Monday. Hugs, Lisa

Marianne said...

I must admit it's an unusual image to see featured in your cards, but I can see why you couldn't resist. It's a real cutie. Love your card and that punched bird border is a perfect match. Isn't it funny how spring seems to have sprung everywhere at the same time? Over here it seemed like summer yesterday (still does) and my sister in Norway was also spending her afternoon outdoors because of the sunshine.
Marianne x

Arabella said...

This is so cute Amy! I love it! We had lovely weather all weekend here in Greece too! Pretty soon it will be too hot to move!

Arabella

Lau W said...

I love robins ! And yours is really cuuuute ! The border is superb ! Very nice card !
xxx

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is Uber cute!!!!love the bird border punch too!!! great work!
hugs, Heidi

Tonje said...

So sweeeeet, and the bird border is just perfect!

Anne-Marie said...

Very, very cuuuute! Love the whole creation, and the birdy border looks perfect!

Nikki said...

this is just adorable love how you've coloured that cute birdie in :)

Juls said...

utterly adorable!! I LOVE it!!! Hugs Juls

Leanne said...

Talk about adorable! Yes, this little guys certainly takes the cake. Love the leaves and the fact that he's bigger than the other birds. lol.. Glad the weather is picking up for you. Weather here is Cali is unpredictible, but it's never dull. lol.. Hope all is well!
;)

RiNNE said...

Your coloring is just stellar and so realistic! I love the birdie flower and design. Hope the weather stays nice!