Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A whale of a happy birthday...

Hey there!

I actually got the idea for today's card while I was making my card for this past Monday's post. I had pulled out a couple sheets of old Doodlebug Seaside stickers and even though I only ended up using one of the border strips then, I really wanted to get this Orca and colorful seaweed border sticker on a card of their own. So when I pulled this cutie Mermaid Kiddo by Stampendous off my desk she had just the right look to complete the scene I had imagined. I colored her up to match the rainbow of sherbet hues in the seaweed border that I cut to different lengths and then overlapped giving her a fun hideaway to play peek-a-boo with Shamoo up there. ;)

Ok, I should really get moving... busy day ahead. Ta ta for now!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Stampendous (Mermaid Kiddo), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Doodlebug Seaside stickers
Doodlebug sequins
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Ranger liquid pearls
Ranger glossy accents
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
eyes- BG45
hair- RV21, RV42, R32, YR31, Y17, Y38
tail- YG21, YG23, YG25, YG17, Y04, BG11, BG32, BG15
shells/crown- E40, RV21, BG11, Y04, Y21, Y26, Y28
seahorse- YR21, Y17, Y38, Y04
sea- B0000

4 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe this is sooo Adorable! ! ! ! ! I don't want this month to end!!!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Carisa said...

I am loving your mermaid theme!!! I can't believe how many you have!!!

craftshopper's creation said...

Love your card! Especially how you colored an ombre look on her hair!

Kate said...

I really love the way you colored her hair! She is so cute! I am amazed that you have quite a collection of mermaids to color for the whole month of June!